IGNORED

Adam Nagy

weepywall

Interesting interview with Nagy in the football league paper this week, admitting he was homesick for Italy and finding it hard to adjust to the pace and physicality of the Championship, he thought he would be Championship ready but he wasnt went on to say that he is feeling more settled and starting to enjoy living in Bristol.

Could maybe sell in summer back to Italy?

Not saying that's what I'd necessary do, but it is an option if he struggles to life in England, struggles to adapt to championship and does not find consistency.

Morrell, Walsh, Massengo, obviously Brownhill but he may be sold. 

We have plenty of quality in that position. And let's not forget Bakinson. Let's see if he can keep this level of performance, maybe even improve on it.

Could be down to preseason for him to force his way in.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Sounds very similar to the things discussed in his pre-Barnsley presser last week. Well worth 15 minutes of your time if you're interested in that side of a player's experience.

Yes I thought it was a really interesting, honest interview  and he comes across as a really decent guy (all done in a foreign language for him). 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Could maybe sell in summer back to Italy?

Not saying that's what I'd necessary do, but it is an option if he struggles to life in England, struggles to adapt to championship and does not find consistency.

Morrell, Walsh, Massengo, obviously Brownhill but he may be sold. 

We have plenty of quality in that position. And let's not forget Bakinson. Let's see if he can keep this level of performance, maybe even improve on it.

Could be down to preseason for him to force his way in.

He looked really good when he arrived - people were raving about how we wouldn’t miss Pack - but I think it’s the injury that has set him back; he mentions he has just had another scan which shows it’s healed which will hopefully give him the confidence. I wouldn’t let him go anywhere. 

You play Nagy, or Massengo, or before him Pack, Hegeler, or now again for slightly different reasons Brownhill- arguably more as well, but those 5, in a 2 or a 3 that contains Palmer, Paterson or O'Dowda and you won't see the best of them!! 

Certainly not consistently. Believe that it's a decent chunk of the reasons for our recurring issues in midfield IMO.

11 minutes ago, eardun said:

Yes I thought it was a really interesting, honest interview  and he comes across as a really decent guy (all done in a foreign language for him). 

7 minutes ago, eardun said:

He looked really good when he arrived - people were raving about how we wouldn’t miss Pack - but I think it’s the injury that has set him back; he mentions he has just had another scan which shows it’s healed which will hopefully give him the confidence. I wouldn’t let him go anywhere. 

I don't know if he already sees someone but he strikes me as someone who would really benefit from a sports psychologist. It's great that he is so open and honest about his struggles, and simultaneously is able to be self-critical of his on-pitch performances but I hope he doesn't dwell on these things too much. The bit where he spoke about "turning his back" - to me that's a red flag that he's perhaps finding it tough to process his thoughts, turning inward and retreating into his shell. Maybe a few sessions with a counselor or a psych could help him to be more positive. It may not be what he needs at all but I hope it's something the club have in the arsenal of tools to help a player.

The national side is also clearly something that he is very very proud of and is something very dear to his heart. There was some well documented....issues...maybe "miscommunications" between our camp and the national Hungary camp around his injury. Again, we need to be working on this with him and ensuring that no resentment or animosity is created by this.

It's tricky but he has the talent, from what I see as a fan it's the mental side of the game he most needs to build on.

He is one to stick with. So many players come from abroad and struggle initially with English football.

Judging from his performances pre-injury and all the national team rancour he is very talented and could certainly hold down a place in a top six Champ or lower Prem team.

If on top form he is much more athletic, tactically aware and multi-faceted than Pack or Korey.

Acknowledging his issues is a sign of a mature character and I wouldn’t be surprised if he regained good form during the rest of the season.

31 minutes ago, eardun said:

I think it must be mostly the same interview on the Robins On the Wire podcast. Very impressive.

Any chance that just a simple microphone can be given to the media when they ask a question? It surely cannot be that difficult can it? It seems to be the same in every video I watch and I just end up turning them off as I get fed up turning the volume right up to hear the question and back down for the answer.

Rant over

17 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Sounds very similar to the things discussed in his pre-Barnsley presser last week. Well worth 15 minutes of your time if you're interested in that side of a player's experience.

Very, very interesting interview.

When players such as Nagy speak such good English, you get a better level of honesty in these interviews compared to their UK born counterparts. It's brave of him to say that he didn't settle and missed his life in Italy. I would be surprised if anyone could make that transition easily. Thankfully, we're heading into a better part of the year and if he starts to feel more at home, I think we'll see better performances again.

To an outsider, Milan Đurić didn't appear to come to terms with life in Bristol after his move from Italy. His social media made it look like he was doing his best but it was pretty minimal compared to his previous life. The long injury lay-off did help but it wasn't surprising that he went back to a lower standard of football in a country he felt was home. Although the days are short and the winters are hard in Sweden, it's good to Niclas Eliasson interviewed with a smile on his face because he does seem to be coping with the rubbish UK winter.

I really hope Nagy settles with us as I think he has the potential be an exceptional player.

17 minutes ago, Xiled said:

It's brave of him to say that he didn't settle and missed his life in Italy.

As someone who recently emigrated for work I can recognise many of the things he talks about. I went from cold rainy UK to a hotter climate but there was just as much adjustment to the new environment, new culture. I totally understand it when he says he turned inwards, "turned his back" is the way he phrased it. I also recognise the positive moves he and his Mrs are making, forcing themselves out and about, visiting local points of interest and making yourself experience your new home rather than stewing in their safe little flat talking Hungarian. As LJ might say - I've got great respect for him as an individual, as a human and as a trainer.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

As someone who recently emigrated for work I can recognise many of the things he talks about. I went from cold rainy UK to a hotter climate but there was just as much adjustment to the new environment, new culture. I totally understand it when he says he turned inwards, "turned his back" is the way he phrased it. I also recognise the positive moves he and his Mrs are making, forcing themselves out and about, visiting local points of interest and making yourself experience your new home rather than stewing in their safe little flat talking Hungarian. As LJ might say - I've got great respect for him as an individual, as a human and as a trainer.

And since he joined it has rained nearly every single day! His missus must be giving him abuse for this move!

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

And since he joined it has rained nearly every single day! His missus must be giving him abuse for this move!

You do wonder. I love Bristol and the UK but god knows how others adapt to our winters. Literally everywhere else in Europe has more acceptable winter conditions that we have...and I'm including Norway, Sweden and Finland as well as the countries that border the Med.

1 minute ago, Xiled said:

You do wonder. I love Bristol and the UK but god knows how others adapt to our winters. Literally everywhere else in Europe has more acceptable winter conditions that we have...and I'm including Norway, Sweden and Finland as well as the countries that border the Med.

Having experienced a December in Kerry I think the Irish might have something to say about this. But the point is a good one.

2 hours ago, Xiled said:

Very, very interesting interview.

When players such as Nagy speak such good English, you get a better level of honesty in these interviews compared to their UK born counterparts. It's brave of him to say that he didn't settle and missed his life in Italy. I would be surprised if anyone could make that transition easily. Thankfully, we're heading into a better part of the year and if he starts to feel more at home, I think we'll see better performances again.

To an outsider, Milan Đurić didn't appear to come to terms with life in Bristol after his move from Italy. His social media made it look like he was doing his best but it was pretty minimal compared to his previous life. The long injury lay-off did help but it wasn't surprising that he went back to a lower standard of football in a country he felt was home. Although the days are short and the winters are hard in Sweden, it's good to Niclas Eliasson interviewed with a smile on his face because he does seem to be coping with the rubbish UK winter.

I really hope Nagy settles with us as I think he has the potential be an exceptional player.

I think Djuric could have been a very important player for us if he had settled. 

I think the same of Nagy - he's the kind of ball playing midfielder we've been wanting for a long time. I hope he settles and rediscovers the form he showed when he first arrived. 

On 21/01/2020 at 14:58, Xiled said:

The winters in Hungary can get pretty ******* cold mind - proper Mitteleuropa

Archived