IGNORED

WBA v Stoke

Jerseybean

8 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Question is - has anyone else played the 3 teams marooned at the bottom in the last 6 games. LJ lucky to get a run like that at a time we are playing poorly. 

It will be interesting to see how long we take to win 3 more. 

Playing the bottom 3 teams doesn’t mean we’ve had 3 easy games. 

For example...Who would have predicted Stoke to beat West Brom away last night?

30 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Question is - has anyone else played the 3 teams marooned at the bottom in the last 6 games. LJ lucky to get a run like that at a time we are playing poorly. 

Barnsley only lost 1 game in 8 before coming to Ashton Gate, including a draw with west brom, beating millwall away and beating QPR. A great win. 

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

Above tweet was posted on 6th Jan, West Brom doing worse than expected, not sure about the rest of the sides there though!

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Above tweet was posted on 6th Jan, West Brom doing worse than expected, not sure about the rest of the sides there though!

Not sure that table does anyone any favours. No game is easy. You've only got to look at the form of Reading, Boro, Stoke and Derby who have all struggled this season.

Anyone can beat anyone.

29 minutes ago, spudski said:

Not sure that table does anyone any favours. No game is easy. You've only got to look at the form of Reading, Boro, Stoke and Derby who have all struggled this season.

Anyone can beat anyone.

Yes, and while it's true that the 3 sides we've beaten recently are at the bottom of the table, those are exactly the type of games that we've slipped up in in recent seasons too, especially at home.

59 minutes ago, spudski said:

Anyone can beat anyone.

There are no hard games either then? If there are no easy games, then every game must be equally challenging? A nonsense, sir!

28 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yes, and while it's true that the 3 sides we've beaten recently are at the bottom of the table, those are exactly the type of games that we've slipped up in in recent seasons too, especially at home.

True, but Luton at home, if that wasn't easy like Sunday morning, then what is? They left their gloves in Luton, never mind laying one on us.

It's too easy to say: there are no easy games. I don't suppose Preston found us anything other than easy when beating us 5 nil (ie, some teams beat themselves, with one bad apple undermining the whole team; and some are beaten before they get off the coach, etc). Burnley at their place, 0:4, that was men v boys. Remember, one definition of "easy" is: presenting few difficulties. Think of "easy" like this, and it is not impossible to recall occasions when City have been very easy and comfortable fodder for other sides in this division. 

Is it not better to say there are very few easy games? Or, better still: some games (Luton at home) are easier than other games (West Brom away), but you only can know this for certain in hindsight.

2 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

There are no hard games either then? If there are no easy games, then every game must be equally challenging? A nonsense, sir!

True, but Luton at home, if that wasn't easy like Sunday morning, then what is? They left their gloves in Luton, never mind laying one on us.

It's too easy to say: there are no easy games. I don't suppose Preston found us anything other than easy when beating us 5 nil (ie, some teams beat themselves, with one bad apple undermining the whole team; and some are beaten before they get off the coach, etc). Burnley at their place, 0:4, that was men v boys. Remember, one definition of "easy" is: presenting few difficulties. Think of "easy" like this, and it is not impossible to recall occasions when City have been very easy and comfortable fodder for other sides in this division. 

Is it not better to say there are very few easy games? Or, better still: some games (Luton at home) are easier than other games (West Brom away), but you only can know this for certain in hindsight.

Every game is hard...non are easy. Not sure how you make that to be nonsense? ?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think part of the problem is the system changes made.  With Bilic and Bielsa-bub, they’ve stuck to tried and tested.  Who knows what’s right?

At the moment those tried and tested don't look quiet a tried and tested as they did.

As for who knows what's right, from many on OTIB the answer is not LJ! :) 

On 20/01/2020 at 21:58, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Joe Allen would do a great job for us

What about a bid? 

Nice one Cyril.

He would be a cracking signing, but salary must be 50k upwards ?

Heading for the Premier League I would think.

5 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Nice one Cyril.

He would be a cracking signing, but salary must be 50k upwards ?

Heading for the Premier League I would think.

Who would have thought that when we played them earlier in the season? Their fans screaming at him and booing his every touch in the second half, they are presumably happy to se him go then?

56 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He was sent off in the 12th minute for that shocking tackle on Josh B mate!

Yeah I realised after I posted that, I was thinking about a televised game I had seen of theirs before they played us. It was their forum after the gane where they were saying they thought he had got himself sent off deliberately. 

Archived