IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

Lets not get to excited about this one, I would have thought that QPR had the option to buy Wells and a fee agreed before the loan started.

If not this would be an excellent signing and we could use Brownhill as a sweetener (Wells + cash for Brownhill) bringing in Vaulks as his replacement  (Haha if it was only that easy.)

4 minutes ago, brad blit said:

He’s doing well at QPR so why would Burnley recall him, if he continues doing well they would get a decent fee in summer if they wanted to sell him. Be very surprised if Wells/Burnley/QPR would change things as they are 

Unless Burnley do want Brownhill and could use Wells as part of the deal + it would get Wells off their Salary.

I'd love to get wells in he's the kind of player who we've been needing for a couple of seasons now. 

I'd offer them £2-3m straight up as apparently his contract expires in the summer (according to transfermarkt), Brownhill and Eliasson should not be anywhere near this discussion as they are both worth much more then wells. 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Taylor scores more goals than Wells if you look at their records. Taylor also better up front on his own should we wish to play that way. Gives us better options.  Wells needs better service than Taylor would and we all know we aren’t great at providing consistent service

I mean Wells has more championship goals than Taylor has championship appearances. Taylor has 3 seasons in his career with 15 or more league goals. That is a season each in league 1, league 2 and scottish championship. 

Not sure we need an all around striker either. Fam is all around. Idk if Taylor scores more than Fam(genuinely don’t know). I do know we already have Fam here though and no further investment required. 

That said striker is the one position I’d take two. Ok they are both approaching 30 but if the fees are small then why not? Fam hasn’t got a new deal so he is gone in the summer as it stands. Weimann I think is good cover. I think 30 is a good age for strikers. You rarely see top strikers under 25 not at big clubs. Think they could each have another 4-5 years each at a 12-20 goals range. Also they are affordable. The list with affordable proven goal scorers that are affordable for us is small. Wells is on that list and while Taylor doesn’t convince me he did start well and could be worth it considering his contract situation

Both Taylor and Wells would really get me excited. Some serious competition up top then. 

Selling Brownhill I'm happy with. Recall Morrell. Don't really see why we need Vaulks who is probably worse than Morrell. 

But Vaulks is versatile. So can maybe be cover for centre back too. Less so right back as he's slow and we already have 2 of those.

58 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Unless Burnley do want Brownhill and could use Wells as part of the deal + it would get Wells off their Salary.

I think that they are very serious about Brownhill which has brought Wells/Vydra into play. QPR can not afford to buy Wells and Burnley like ourselves need to wheel and deal to get what they want. It could get interesting.

1 hour ago, westonred said:

Lets not get to excited about this one, I would have thought that QPR had the option to buy Wells and a fee agreed before the loan started.

If not this would be an excellent signing and we could use Brownhill as a sweetener (Wells + cash for Brownhill) bringing in Vaulks as his replacement  (Haha if it was only that easy.)

Agreed - I think we've all learnt this season to not get too excited based on any conjecture. Players have a lot of power in the January window and I would be surprised if Wells would allow Burnley to tear up his loan agreement with QPR to sign with City. If he is out of contract in the summer, he may want to remain on loan in order to sign for QPR in the summer on a free. He's having his best season for a few years and has already formed a strong bond with Hugill and Eze. 

Would be a good signing and a realistic one too. Seems we might've learned from previous years that January is the time to sign established players who can perform immediately rather than risky signings from abroad or young players that'll need time to adapt. Save the other signings for the summer.

Stylistically would probably rather have Lyle Taylor as his style is more versatile, but I've always liked Wells and he'd add to our forward line.

56 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Both Taylor and Wells would really get me excited. Some serious competition up top then. 

Selling Brownhill I'm happy with. Recall Morrell. Don't really see why we need Vaulks who is probably worse than Morrell. 

But Vaulks is versatile. So can maybe be cover for centre back too. Less so right back as he's slow and we already have 2 of those.

Take a cold shower Jon

29 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Agreed - I think we've all learnt this season to not get too excited based on any conjecture. Players have a lot of power in the January window and I would be surprised if Wells would allow Burnley to tear up his loan agreement with QPR to sign with City. If he is out of contract in the summer, he may want to remain on loan in order to sign for QPR in the summer on a free. He's having his best season for a few years and has already formed a strong bond with Hugill and Eze. 

Then again he might think that one in the hand is better than two in the bush, and that a contract from city now trumps a proposed contract from QPR in the summer. 

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

‘ conjecture ‘ is all we have , don’t take it away from us .

10 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Eliasson being great has really made going back to 352 with Palmer behind Weimann and *insert Afobe-esque signing here* an awkward thing to do. 

4231 shouldn't be a problem, I don't know why we never play it, seems our team would fit it.

3 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

4231 shouldn't be a problem, I don't know why we never play it, seems our team would fit it.

It's a very fluid formation too, can easily become a 4-3-3 throughout the game or even a 442/4411 without the need to sub anyone off.

A formation I do not want to see us persist with, especially at home, is any variation of a 5-3-2. We don't have the personnel for it to be effective offensively.

19 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

Come on, we often play Nobody upfront with Fam. Never seems to do much good.

We look awful when we play Weimann up top with him though.

Won 11 and drew 4 of 15 last season when Fam was in the lone role.

11 hours ago, pride of the west said:

Is wells gonna want to leave qpr? I'm sure I read that he was loving it there and wanted to stay permanently. 

Granted he might not have much say in the matter but we don't want to end up with a player that's only here because his parent club says so when he'd rather wait until the summer. 

Money talks... for club and agent

22 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We look awful when we play Weimann up top with him though.

Won 11 and drew 4 of 15 last season when Fam was in the lone role.

Wow.... i do like weimann but wow... 

37 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

We played it later on vs sheff wed and Charlton. Shrews at home too. Problem is Palmer playing with diedhiou, i can’t recall those two playing together and doing well. 

Archived