IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

9 minutes ago, Scare_Man said:

Burnley set to recall Wells according to Bristol Live.  Wigan also interested.

If he's recalled and there aren't any whispers of other clubs looking then he will be on the roof in 24hrs. Wigan isn't going to appeal to him I wouldn't have thought in the position they are in. 

It needs to happen quick though whilst forest, Wednesday and the like are fighting over other strikers. 

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Would anyone swap Brownhill and Eliasson for Gibson and Wells?

Probably wouldn't happen, but just wondering.

I think we'd have to change quite a bit to make up for losing the creativity of Eliasson, so not in January. Would be very apprehensive about signing a poacher and immediately selling by far our greatest outlet in terms of chances created.

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I think we'd have to change quite a bit to make up for losing the creativity of Eliasson, so not in January. Would be very apprehensive about signing a poacher and immediately selling by far our greatest outlet in terms of chances created.

I remember Gibson having a shocker against us. He could not cope with Bobby Reid that day. 

He has never looked physically the strongest to me for a centre back.

If we did that then I expect we'd go back to 3412 and Palmer would be playing.

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Although I don't see a direct swap with Brownhill and Wells, I can see a deal where both sides are realistic about valuations to facilitate both players moving.

Yes that’s exactly how I see it, won’t be surprised if we get NW and some £’s and they get Josh.

15 hours ago, paul_fox said:

Yes please. Think I mentioned him in the summer but his scoring record over the last few years was pointed out as not great but seems to have picked up again. Would think he'd work well with Palmer 

His recent goal scoring stats look ok https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=58194

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

But what strikers in this league have the all around game?

many, the two at Charlton for starters (Bonne and Taylor).  They can do many aspects.  I’m not even suggesting they are better than Fam, just saying his game is not rounded, whereas as Taylor’s is much more.

You can count them on one hand.

Seriously? I’ve named 2, Robson-Kanu, Bamford, Grabban, that makes 5, without thinking much about it.

So definitely think he is all around for the league. Why would you ask him to run channels if he isn’t quick?

pace is nothing to do with it.  It’s about being able to be a different option, to drag you up the pitch, territory, etc etc.  Wilbs is a good example of someone (at Lg1 level) who had a much better all-round game than I thought.  Not comparing him to Fam (Champ v Champ), but if you compare what Wilbs gave us as a CF in Lg1 to Fam in Champ, Wilbs scores higher imho by a long stretch.  It’s not a great comparison, granted.

Fulham do not ask Mitrovic to run channels WBA do not ask Austin to run channels.

both those side play lovely football, but in WBA’s case why does HRK start every week, because he offers a bit of everything.  Mitrovic, I’ll give you.

They have similar games to Fam just have much higher IQs and movement. Then you talk about Weimann like he makes the most intelligent runs.

he bloody does.

He never reads a flick on.

yes, but we are talking about Fam here!!  Weimann also doesn’t have an all-round game either.
Often tries to run so close to fam you can’t play a .pass.

some of that will be because Fam doesn’t know how to take players away from congestion.
Always slate fam for not linking with others but isn’t like anyone else is adapting their game.

don’t deflect onto others, we are talking about Fam.  I do criticise him for not linking because until recently (last 6-8 games) he’s been poor.  I think you know I give + /- of all our players / their performances.  I defend Fam too.

Think why Matty Taylor had some success with Fam is because he was smarter and more patient with his movement with Fam.

I saw good signs, but they partnered each other so infrequently, certainly as starters.

He anticipated things much better than anyone else. Even think Afobe showed signs of linking with him in very limited minutes(remember Birmingham away Afobe got around Fam not in his way). 

I still think people are over thinking it when it comes to Fam because of his past(and the fact he misses sitters which is fair).

that’s never come into for me.  His goalscoring record is good.  I’ve stated that several times.  All players miss.  The “he must score every 1on1” club is not one I subscribe too.  As for the past, I thought he was better in 17/18 than he was until December 19.  He’s upped his game a lot.

His all around game this season has been outstanding.

that’s BS.  By all means say he’s been good, but outstanding? Come on!!!

The ball is sticking up top because of fam. Play is breaking down around him not because of him.

bit of both, but I also blame LJ / the system.  You seem to think I’m on a personal vendetta against Fam, I’m not.  All I’m saying is he doesn’t have a great all-round game.

I don’t think Taylor is better.

nor am I, I’m just suggesting he has more to his game, that I think will be quite useful for us.

We see him against us who play a higher line and he could turn and get in behind.

I watched that on a shitty stream.  I’m judging him on many other games I’ve seen (full and highlights) going back to his Real Wimbledon days.

Not sure he gets those chances here.

who knows? Might, might not!

Think Wells and Fam would link real well as Wells is more adept to finding space than making runs.

Quite possibly, but depends whether we go two up top or not, the system we employ, etc, etc.  I’ve always liked Wells.  

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Does he ever roll his man, does he ever run the channels?  Rarely.  As a CB you rarely have to worry about Fam going in behind you, so you can mark as tight as possible.

Does he have the intelligence to know he’s taking Weimann’s space, or indeed intentionally make space for Weimann by dragging his man away (like Weimann did to 2 CBs for Eliasson’s goal).  Nope.

He’s very one dimensional in the role plays.  Yes, he has been good of late, but let’s not think he’s got an all-round game.

I would certainly be put off my game if I had to worry about Fam going in behind me 

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No I don’t think you have a personal vendetta against fam I know you better than that. Maybe you aren’t putting as much stock into the last few months as I am. 

Couple things. First, re Weimann I am talking runs off Famara. I don’t see him anticipating as well as I have seen Matty Taylor do(limited i know) and I remember seeing some good things in the even less time Fam and Afobe were on the pitch together. For me Weimann isn’t a striker. He makes better runs from deep imo and not next to someone like Fam. There is an ability for Fam to link with people and we have seen it even with Weimann(thinking SUFC away last season). 

Second I have seen more from Fam these pst few months where the Wilbraham comp is a bit more like for like than it was start of the season. He isn’t as good as Wilbs with his back to goal but I’d say he is at least average for the league now. That is my main point. Since the Afobe injury I can’t really remember a bad performance from Fam. He isn’t great at anything but think he is average to above average for most you’d ask from a striker. I’d say fair if you classed his movement below average but for me the rest of his game classifies him as all around. 

Also, the other names you mention all have their flaws too. I wouldn’t say they are leaps and bounds above Famara. I know I wouldn’t swap HRK for Fam. Grabban better goal scorer but not sure I’d swap either(maybe for a one season swap). Bamford think works well with their wide forwards but think he’d do less of a job here possibly than Fam. 

2 hours ago, Meh said:

Yeah but wankpuffins still on dial-up modems so at least 12 hours behind.

11 minutes ago, Marty said:

Is that similar to Jerk Chicken?

Muffin the mule?

( showing my ag

"The Bermuda international has made no secret of his desire to play first team football and it is understood his preferred destination would be Loftus Road."

A bit of a concern then

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Muffin the mule?

( showing my age)

This not been outlawed yet?

Archived