IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

"The Bermuda international has made no secret of his desire to play first team football and it is understood his preferred destination would be Loftus Road."

A bit of a concern then

This not been outlawed yet?

But if QPR had the money to buy him they wouldn't have had him on loan for 2 seasons would they? 

We need to get the Goat to talk to him, use our Bermudan connections to get him here.

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

But if QPR had the money to buy him they wouldn't have had him on loan for 2 seasons would they? 

We need to get the Goat to talk to him, use our Bermudan connections to get him here.

True, but i was thinking more about a player whose heart might not be in it here, that's all. Surely they will have to want to come here, and he's clearly liking it at QPR and maybe could even still go back on loan, if he's not sold in Jan ? What with Burnley thinking of waiting for Josh in the summer at a cut price. all intrigue, all intrigue

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just been reminded on twitter....who played behind Wells in 16/17, and where did they end the season?

Yep said this yesterday on here. Palmer at his absolute best when playing in that Huddersfield side. Wells perfect for him.

about a thousnad trades on this thread.

Hopefully none of them are right otherwise, our super recruitment and sales team have let their plans slip to the public. Remember the great value we have got in signing the players mentioned, NE, Fam, Josh etc has been created by discreet purchases and then mega development by the coaching staff. I dont like the Jan window at all but when a team is so very very close to 6th spot we all look for any excuse or clue as to how we can improve a tad. Perhaps Benik in March is the best we can hope for and achieve along with keeping all those mentioned, ie No trades this month?

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just been reminded on twitter....who played behind Wells in 16/17, and where did they end the season?

Good spot. Makes this deal more likely to happen in my view.

City want to get the best of Palmer and this will no doubt help him. I guess it’s all down to Burnley.

12 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

about a thousnad trades on this thread.

Hopefully none of them are right otherwise, our super recruitment and sales team have let their plans slip to the public. Remember the great value we have got in signing the players mentioned, NE, Fam, Josh etc has been created by discreet purchases and then mega development by the coaching staff. I dont like the Jan window at all but when a team is so very very close to 6th spot we all look for any excuse or clue as to how we can improve a tad. Perhaps Benik in March is the best we can hope for and achieve along with keeping all those mentioned, ie No trades this month?

Josh wasn’t discreet...that was out in the open way before that season ended.

4 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

"The Bermuda international has made no secret of his desire to play first team football and it is understood his preferred destination would be Loftus Road."

A bit of a concern then

This not been outlawed yet?

True...but he was probably asked the question whilst on loan at QPR before any interest from us became known.  Not saying that it wouldn't remain his preferred destination but to answer anything other than QPR when asked would be a little odd.

Journalist - "So Nahki, you're obviously enjoying playing regular football again and enjoying your time at QPR.  Would you like to stay permanently given the chance?"

NW - "No.  I'd rather sign for Bristol City if possible"

Journalist - "Pardon?"

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Don’t know if this has already been mentioned, but just found out Wells is Bermudan, whose highest ever international goal-scorer is... Shaun Goater! 

Mildly interesting connection. 

The second coming of the GOAT. As LJ would say, “it’s written in the stars, it always happens to us” ?

Teamtalk on Twitter saying 3 million for Brownhill plus Wells.

Bit disappointed with that. But then maybe percentage of future profit would make it worth it - if that's in deal.

11 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Don’t know if this has already been mentioned, but just found out Wells is Bermudan, whose highest ever international goal-scorer is... Shaun Goater! 

Mildly interesting connection. 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The second coming of the GOAT. As LJ would say, “it’s written in the stars, it always happens to us” ?

I Did say back in post 121 that we should use our Bermudan connection. The Goat is a legend there and I am sure Nahki Wells played for his Bermuda Hogges team that he set up to play in the USL development league. In his book (the one he signed for me when I met him in Hamilton :innocent06:) Goater said that Bristol made him feel at home because of it's seafaring nature, get him to give the lad a call. :)

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Teamtalk on Twitter saying 3 million for Brownhill plus Wells.

Bit disappointed with that. But then maybe percentage of future profit would make it worth it - if that's in deal.

Values Wells at £4million then. Seems a bit high to me for a player OOC at the end of the season. Scorers cost money though and I’d imagine Burnley may have to repay a part of the loan fee from QPR.

2 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Values Wells at £4million then. Seems a bit high to me for a player OOC at the end of the season. Scorers cost money though and I’d imagine Burnley may have to repay a part of the loan fee from QPR.

Burnley have a year option.  Will retain value because of this.

Bit like us with Eliasson.  He’s still full value, because we can offer him a year extension..

Archived