IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Hopefully his friendship with Shaun Goater can swing it our way

Are they actually friends? Or are people guessing this because they are both Bermudian

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Are they actually friends? Or are people guessing this because they are both Bermudian

As I said before he played for the club that Shaun Goater and Kyle Lightbourne ran on the island and I saw this in wikipedia. "Before moving to the UK, Wells sought the advice of compatriot Shaun Goater."

16 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Yes they are, quite a few references online to Wells and Goater being in contact at least

Won't make a blind bit of difference. In my view the player is much more likely to prefer QPR, having been there already for so long, if they show any interest in signing him permanently.

Hope this deal isn't sh1t or bust for us - what other irons do we have in the fire?

50 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

You'd think he'd speak to Palmer given that they were together at Huddersfield.

You'll have Goater telling him join us and Palmer telling him not to!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

7A434808-E30D-42DB-8047-60014B652A7E.jpeg

69C38E74-51DC-47E9-9D11-F879945F9C0C.jpeg

0678A607-9548-4561-9C8A-A9921C8CB0FD.jpeg

I wonder how much Wells's stats are because of the team around him and the tactics QPR employ? Stick Wells in our squad with our current tactics and would that negatively impact or have no impact on his stats? (Of course fingers crossed LJ changes our tactics when we get this saviour of a striker)

I think you need to create a big spreadsheet and full squads impact assessments

10 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

So his goalscoring output is much better than expected judging by the quality of shots he's taking, and could well revert back to the 10 goal a season striker he was before August?

Depends on how you look at it:

FA5A0DAB-8D56-4B3E-9882-50BBEDE47C7E.thumb.jpeg.7a121d288cba19a96c4552e1763d1cdc.jpeg

Champ only stats above....

172 starts (38 subs).

65 goals (goal every 2.64 starts)

14986 mins (166.5’s worth of 90 mins)

goal every 2.56 90 minutes.

Extrapolate to a 46 game season, he’s a 17/18 goal a season man.

On 21/01/2020 at 12:26, headhunter said:

So ends the case for Weimann being the first name on the team sheet.

Lots of running but little else

Absolute bollox - with all due respect - 19 goals in the last season and a half, I think, and the most intelligent footballer we have ... did you see how he dragged the defender away with his run to allow NE to score the winner vs Barnsley?

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Absolute bollox - with all due respect - 19 goals in the last season and a half, I think, and the most intelligent footballer we have ... did you see how he dragged the defender away with his run to allow NE to score the winner vs Barnsley?

Exactly - he's clearly used to playing with players of higher footballing intelligence. Must be frustrating for him when our players don't make the same runs or spot his movement in the way his former colleagues at Villa did for example.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly - he's clearly used to playing with players of higher footballing intelligence. Must be frustrating for him when our players don't make the same runs or spot his movement in the way his former colleagues at Villa did for example.

You know how it works on OTIB...... “our problem is we are too static under Johnson, there is no movement off the ball”......... “I don’t understand why Johnson picks Wiemann every week, all he does is run around”.

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

57 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think you're both correct, but you must also surely appreciate that his technical execution is not of a higher level.

His shooting accuracy is poor and he often makes the wrong decisions in the heat of the moment. 

Archived