IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

18 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think you're both correct, but you must also surely appreciate that his technical execution is not of a higher level.

His shooting accuracy is poor and he often makes the wrong decisions in the heat of the moment. 

I think that is true, he is interesting because some games he looks absolutely top class both in footballing intelligence and in his technical ability - (his run of games where he scored regularly upon joining and his hattrick last season). 

I suppose his technical inconsistency is why he's not playing in the Prem. Elements of his game are very strong though - ie footballing intelligence and movement.

27 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think you're both correct, but you must also surely appreciate that his technical execution is not of a higher level.

His shooting accuracy is poor and he often makes the wrong decisions in the heat of the moment. 

The stats suggest he’s doing decently overall, but I agree at times he can be wild. On others, Derby, he can be sublime.

FAF4E552-452E-4020-A235-A41870380A49.jpeg

839AB829-A8C7-464D-96C8-B9416BA363F0.jpeg

ADCCD897-D9F8-4CB8-8D8E-0F1FA34EDD54.jpeg

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

The stats suggest he’s doing decently overall, but I agree at times he can be wild. On others, Derby, he can be sublime.

FAF4E552-452E-4020-A235-A41870380A49.jpeg

839AB829-A8C7-464D-96C8-B9416BA363F0.jpeg

ADCCD897-D9F8-4CB8-8D8E-0F1FA34EDD54.jpeg

If we're to use those figures Dave, we could pick out the shot accuracy % and the cross accuracy %, both of which suggest his execution the 'final third' could be underwhelming. 

I don't necessarily believe we can form a full picture from limited stats, but that would confirm my perception. 

As a fan, I often find myself disappointed with his input in and around the box.

6 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Sounds suspiciously  like @Rudolf Hucker if you ask me 

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Rudis scoring rate is something to behold though by all accounts.

Moves well in the box, unbelievable ball control, scores regularly, always booked, frequent dribbling, never goes missing when things are hairy. Frankly there's very little to choose between me and Weimann.

Wells has all the hallmarks of the type of striker that is too proven to end up at us. Players like Grabban, Bamford, Vydra, Rhodes spring to mind as the ones that always find a club willing to pay better wages. The only anomaly is Afobe, although different circumstances as he came from a relegation threatened club and was out of favour.

Archived