IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

44 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Nixon been saying all day that he's already been recalled and burnley gave him and QPR the option to include him in tonight's squad if they wanted to.

Personally I think he's off to forest. 

If he goes anywhere Id imagine itd be Forest.

6 minutes ago, Michigan Gate said:

Don't think Burnley would let him play tonight if they are planning on selling him soon!

Very true.

13 hours ago, Scrumpty said:

The more I think about this one, the less I enthuse about it.

1. (Most importantly) I don't see what Well's motivation will be (to join us). He's happy at QPR, he's not stepping up, he has no connection with the area, etc. His only motivation will therefore be money, which leads me on to 2.

2. He will be expensive. He will be on a wedge at Burnley, so will not be cheap. He will also command a sizeable (but not extortionate) fee, which is unlikely to be recouped in full, due to age.

3. Is his style (poacher) what we need? Could play with Fam, but instead of? I have my doubts.

Sorry to walk all over your romantic view of football but 99% of players are not at clubs because of their love for that club, or their local connections, they are where they are simply because of money.

47 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

he us upset as he is joinng us and will be sat on the bench like all lee Johnson signings  do.or end up going on loan some where after a few months. sorry for being negative but its true. 

Dyche said they’re not looking so sell him so you’re saying we’ll sign him on loan and then loan him out? Only on OTIB. 

The thing with this “Wells doesn’t want to leave QPR” stuff, is that he’s a professional footballer.

I doubt that he grew up dreaming of playing for Bristol City, or Huddersfield for that matter.

However, he’ll play and do his best where there are 3 things: Money, playing time and a chance of playing at a high level. We can offer that at the moment. So can Forest. QPR seem to be held back on the money bit.

There’s no doubt he’s happy at QPR and he probably doesn’t want to leave. But that doesn’t mean he won’t and it doesn’t mean he won’t do well here. He may well settle just as well and really enjoy it, similar to Afobe. We’ve got a decent bunch of players who will help him integrate and he’ll be a big name player for us straightaway.

I always remember Jon Stead at times like this. He turned us down once due to money. Ended up signing and becoming a fan’s favourite for a while. I think Wells will end up the same.

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

The thing with this “Wells doesn’t want to leave QPR” stuff, is that he’s a professional footballer.

I doubt that he grew up dreaming of playing for Bristol City, or Huddersfield for that matter.

However, he’ll play and do his best where there are 3 things: Money, playing time and a chance of playing at a high level. We can offer that at the moment. So can Forest. QPR seem to be held back on the money bit.

There’s no doubt he’s happy at QPR and he probably doesn’t want to leave. But that doesn’t mean he won’t and it doesn’t mean he won’t do well here. He may well settle just as well and really enjoy it, similar to Afobe. We’ve got a decent bunch of players who will help him integrate and he’ll be a big name player for us straightaway.

I always remember Jon Stead at times like this. He turned us down once due to money. Ended up signing and becoming a fan’s favourite for a while. I think Wells will end up the same.

Stead was a trier who endeared himself to the fans as much with his personality as his exploits on the pitch.

His record for City wasn't great - 1 goal every 4 apps. and he was even dropped on occasions.

We're going to need Wells to be far more consistent goalscorer than Stead if he signs; if he is then no doubt he'll be happy in his work at AG and popularity with the fans will take care of itself.

Archived