IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

45 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

I’m struggling to think that we would be Wells’ first choice over forest! 

I think we have a lot to offer and feel we must give a decent pitch; we have after all recruited the talents of Palmer, Kalas, Dasilva, Massengo, Nagy etc.

Attractive city, great people.

I think it will come down to whether we are prepared to pay a bit over the odds or favour them a bit more on a Brownhill swap deal and maybe pay a K or 2 more a week than we ideally wanted too.

I fear he will go to Forest also but more because we will baulk at the price than the player would actually prefer Forest.

Forest it is then ?

Burnley boss Sean Dyche has confirmed striker Nahki Wells could switch Championship clubs this month.

Sky Sports News reported this week that Nottingham Forest and Bristol City have both made an approach to sign Wells, who is currently on loan at QPR, on a permanent deal.

Dyche says he is in talks with Hoops boss Mark Warburton and the Clarets could recall the player with a view to selling him on, leaving the Rs with little choice but to also put a permanent offer on the table.

ENGLISH FA CUP SAT 25, 12:45

PRICE BOOST
Brentford v Leicester

PRICE BOOSTprice-boost.svg
LEICESTER TO HAVE A SHOT ON TARGET BETWEEN 00:00-14:59 (WAS 1/2)

NOW 1/1
BET HERE
KELECHI IHEANACHO TO SCORE FIRST

WAS 13/5
NOW 9/2
BET HERE
OLLIE WATKINS TO SCORE FIRST

WAS 6/1
NOW 13/2
BET HERE
LEICESTER TO WIN 2-1

WAS 15/2
NOW 8/1
BET HERE
HARVEY BARNES TO SCORE FIRST AND EITHER LEICESTER TO WIN 2-0 OR LEICESTER TO WIN 3-1

NOW 50/1
BET HERE
BRENTFORD TO WIN 3-1

WAS 50/1
NOW 66/1
BET HERE
SAID BENRAHMA TO SCORE FIRST AND BRENTFORD TO WIN 2-1

NOW 125/1
BET HERE

SK.svg

powered-by-oc.png gamble-aware.png

"We have the ability to get him back here," Dyche confirmed. "I've spoken to Mark Warburton and let him know the different options there are.

"Over the last few days there has been a lot of interest in him. Rightly so. He's scoring goals in the Championship.

Nahki Wells is currently on loan at QPR

Nahki Wells is currently on loan at QPR

3921F475-1754-4305-A3F1-30099FEF7CDB.png

FFS this is ******* Nketiah all over again, lets all face the fact this will not happen and get over it....

we all need to face it we will not be brining in a striker we need in this window at least not any of the "proven" championship strikers... in fact I will be amazed if will bring anyone in at all leading to the inevitable "its tough to bring players in in this window, we will have players coming back and they will be like new players for us blah blah blah" Bollocks....

Lets just all enjoy a weekend of no stress and relax... 

29 minutes ago, keflav said:

FFS this is ******* Nketiah all over again, lets all face the fact this will not happen and get over it....

we all need to face it we will not be brining in a striker we need in this window at least not any of the "proven" championship strikers... in fact I will be amazed if will bring anyone in at all leading to the inevitable "its tough to bring players in in this window, we will have players coming back and they will be like new players for us blah blah blah" Bollocks....

Lets just all enjoy a weekend of no stress and relax... 

So it’s easy is it? Come on then, rattle off a half dozen names then that we could sign tomorrow. 

Then explain how we fund their signing and fit them into our wage structure. 
I won’t hold my breath.

13 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

I think we’ll miss out on Wells and he will sign for forest, unless QPR can keep him permanently. 

May as well bring Peter Beadle back at this rate. 

Surely the fact that Burnley have tabled a bid for Brownhill must be in our favour, you would have thought MA would be saying "ok you can have Brownhill, just give us Wells + £3m" (it's been said Burnley value Wells at £4m). Now, of course, Brownhill and Wells would have to agree personal terms, but still think Burnley's interest in Brownhill must give us an advantage over Forest.

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So it’s easy is it? Come on then, rattle off a half dozen names then that we could sign tomorrow. 

Then explain how we fund their signing and fit them into our wage structure. 
I won’t hold my breath.

Did I say it was not tough to sign anyone, I think you will find I said we won't sign anyone let alone wells... 

38 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Bet you’re fun at parties

Too bloody right i am...?

11 minutes ago, keflav said:

Did I say it was not tough to sign anyone, I think you will find I said we won't sign anyone let alone wells... 

Your wording around what the club will say if they don’t sign players, suggested that you see it as an unacceptable excuse. 

25 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Surely the fact that Burnley have tabled a bid for Brownhill must be in our favour, you would have thought MA would be saying "ok you can have Brownhill, just give us Wells + £3m" (it's been said Burnley value Wells at £4m). Now, of course, Brownhill and Wells would have to agree personal terms, but still think Burnley's interest in Brownhill must give us an advantage over Forest.

Have they tabled a bid though? There is rumored interest and it might play a part in any negotiations on Wells. But I don’t think they have bid so far.

2 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

One of him and Toney and I would be happy. Don’t really mind which one. Toney a bigger fee but also younger and could be a player with the upwards trajectory of an Andre Gray or Watkins with resale value to match. Wells as nailed on a Championship performer as you can get.

Both would be good..

lets hope they get him down here with a tour of the city and a luxurious apartment overlooking the marina to look at pronto to show him it isn't a bad place to live. don't know what Nottingham is like, only went to notts c once and cant remember much of the day except the poor ground and seeing into forests stand on the way out.there is more to a life than money surely in a footballers mind

55 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Maybe Burnley need to test Wells' market value before they can negotiate with us. Ie Forest bid tells them how much equity they bring to the Brownhill negotiations 

33 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

lets hope they get him down here with a tour of the city and a luxurious apartment overlooking the marina to look at pronto to show him it isn't a bad place to live. don't know what Nottingham is like, only went to notts c once and cant remember much of the day except the poor ground and seeing into forests stand on the way out.there is more to a life than money surely in a footballers mind

Get Famara to show him round Loxton Square.

2 hours ago, Meh said:

I think we have a lot to offer and feel we must give a decent pitch; we have after all recruited the talents of Palmer, Kalas, Dasilva, Massengo, Nagy etc.

Attractive city, great people.

I think it will come down to whether we are prepared to pay a bit over the odds or favour them a bit more on a Brownhill swap deal and maybe pay a K or 2 more a week than we ideally wanted too.

I fear he will go to Forest also but more because we will baulk at the price than the player would actually prefer Forest.

And don't forget we have  Lee Johnson.

Archived