IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

"Talks" means nothing though. We can get as far as medicals  and even announcements on the selling clubs website, and still not get it over the line!!

As with Aston Villa and our Joe, it is not just us, it is what happens in the bonkers football market

The good news is that all the ifs and maybes will be sorted one way or the other this week, so just a little more patience needed...................plus six points from Reading and QPR

7 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

The thing with this “Wells doesn’t want to leave QPR” stuff, is that he’s a professional footballer.

I doubt that he grew up dreaming of playing for Bristol City, or Huddersfield for that matter.

However, he’ll play and do his best where there are 3 things: Money, playing time and a chance of playing at a high level. We can offer that at the moment. So can Forest. QPR seem to be held back on the money bit.

There’s no doubt he’s happy at QPR and he probably doesn’t want to leave. But that doesn’t mean he won’t and it doesn’t mean he won’t do well here. He may well settle just as well and really enjoy it, similar to Afobe. We’ve got a decent bunch of players who will help him integrate and he’ll be a big name player for us straightaway.

I always remember Jon Stead at times like this. He turned us down once due to money. Ended up signing and becoming a fan’s favourite for a while. I think Wells will end up the same.

The thing is he doesn't actually have a choice of staying on loan at QPR. If Burnley want to recall him then there is nothing he can do to stop that.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Seems Forest have signed a striker from Strasbourg;

Forest meanwhile, have agreed a 3-and-a-half-year contract with Cape Verde striker Nuno da Costa, say France Football.

The Reds will pay around €2m for the 28-year-old striker, currently playing for Strasbourg.

How come we haven't been linked with this guy? Gregor out!

Gregors just tweeted: 

Sean Dyche has again confirmed that no decision has been made on Nahki Wells yet, following his side’s loss to Norwich today. Robins remain in talks with Burnley regarding several players #BristolCity

Lets hope he doesn't do an Arsenal and keep Wells at Burnley at the last minute
Several players could that mean Vydra as well or maybe its just Brownhill ?

39 minutes ago, westonred said:

Gregors just tweeted: 

Sean Dyche has again confirmed that no decision has been made on Nahki Wells yet, following his side’s loss to Norwich today. Robins remain in talks with Burnley regarding several players #BristolCity

I always think several means four or more (one, two = a couple, three = a few, four + = several), and I've just looked it up to confirm https://www.thefreedictionary.com/several. Obviously I don't expect a Post journo to always be 100% accurate so I expect its what you've said: brownhill, Wells & Vydra. We might just end up with Brownhill out of that lot :)

6 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Surely the fact that Burnley have tabled a bid for Brownhill must be in our favour, you would have thought MA would be saying "ok you can have Brownhill, just give us Wells + £3m" (it's been said Burnley value Wells at £4m). Now, of course, Brownhill and Wells would have to agree personal terms, but still think Burnley's interest in Brownhill must give us an advantage over Forest.

Not happy about Brownhill being a makeweight tbh, he's City through and through

With the prices in today’s market, I wouldn’t mind us trying to get two of Burnley’s players in exchange for Brownhill instead of a fee.

£7m (in the summer) wouldn’t get us a lot of quality as transfer fees have become extremely inflated. If we can strike a deal for Wells (permanent) and Vydra or Gibson (loan with option to buy) that would see Brownhill move the other way, then I would be more than happy with that.

City have sold players for some superb fees in previous years. However we tend to look to reinvest in development talent instead of players that are immediately ready to play in the top end of the championship. City spend £1-2m on players with the potential to be special but may take 2 years to develop.

We didn’t see the best of the likes of Eliasson or Brownhill straight away. But with the position we are in now we need to be able to replace quality with quality.

We still haven’t replaced Bobby or Webster since they left. Therefore, taking advantage of a Prem teams interest could work for us if it sees a player coming in the opposite direction. And could potentially lead to both of those players finally being replaced.

I would much prefer us to try and strike a deal that would see Burnley get the player that they want (Brownhill) and us see some quality come to us. If that would be any 2 of Wells, Gibson or Vydra then I would feel we have got the better deal. 

16 minutes ago, Big Nose said:

Not happy about Brownhill being a makeweight tbh, he's City through and through

A few years ago he was Barnsley through and through.

I would need google to tell you which club he was through and through prior to that.

2 hours ago, westonred said:

Gregors just tweeted: 

Indeed. Several players is very interesting...

8 minutes ago, Taz said:

Indeed. Several players is very interesting...

I expect Gregor is wondering why he typed the word several

As I am sure he'd have told us if he knew anything

2 hours ago, class not gas said:

Personally  I think Brownhill to Burnley, Wells & Gibson to City, the latter on loan.

Is it just me that is not sure about Gibson?

I am probably wrong on that as he made the England squad and Burnley spent a lot of money on him!

Archived