IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

6 minutes ago, miloemily said:

I think Gibson will go back to his home town club boro. Don’t Burnley have an interest in one of their young players? 

Fry but Boro are telling Burnley that even £30m won’t get him, so I can’t see why if Boro are going to be ridiculous about things that Burnley would look to do them any favours?

5 hours ago, westonred said:

Gregors just tweeted: 

Sean Dyche has again confirmed that no decision has been made on Nahki Wells yet, following his side’s loss to Norwich today. Robins remain in talks with Burnley regarding several players #BristolCity

Lets hope he doesn't do an Arsenal and keep Wells at Burnley at the last minute
Several players could that mean Vydra as well or maybe its just Brownhill ?

The wankpuffin kachina is more reliable then Gregor, he is worse the agent accounts on twitter

20 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Ah looks like might be fake twitter account pretending to be QPR. Some people have so much time on their hands!

No its a fake account with only 30 followers i know QPR arn't well supported but i would expect their official twitter account would have more than 30 followers :laugh:

Breaking News

27th January 2020

NAHKI Wells has been recalled by parent club Burnley, and QPR CEO Lee Hoos has confirmed the R’s are keen to sign the striker on a permanent basis.

Wells joined QPR in the summer on a season-long loan following a successful 2018/19 in W12.

The 29-year-old has scored 15 goals in 29 appearances this season.

We are working hard for a positive conclusion.

Lee Hoos

Hoos told www.qpr.co.uk: “Burnley have recalled Nahki which is their right.

“I wouldn’t normally make any comments regarding potential transfer targets but in this instance it is important our supporters know we are keen to sign Nahki on a permanent basis.

“Our current valuations on the player are far apart and we cannot agree to a deal which will leave us in breach of FFP.

“We are working hard for a positive conclusion but we must ensure any agreement is financially viable for QPR.”

I know that Burnley value more than we want to pay. Shock. However, even given his age he has to be worth paying 5m+? He is proven and would make a real difference to us in my opinion. Given the frankly bonkers market for players of this type we should pay the money. Maybe chuck in a bonus figure if we get top 6 / promotion.

34 minutes ago, Big C said:

Breaking News

27th January 2020

NAHKI Wells has been recalled by parent club Burnley, and QPR CEO Lee Hoos has confirmed the R’s are keen to sign the striker on a permanent basis.

Wells joined QPR in the summer on a season-long loan following a successful 2018/19 in W12.

The 29-year-old has scored 15 goals in 29 appearances this season.

We are working hard for a positive conclusion.

Lee Hoos

Hoos told www.qpr.co.uk: “Burnley have recalled Nahki which is their right.

“I wouldn’t normally make any comments regarding potential transfer targets but in this instance it is important our supporters know we are keen to sign Nahki on a permanent basis.

“Our current valuations on the player are far apart and we cannot agree to a deal which will leave us in breach of FFP.

“We are working hard for a positive conclusion but we must ensure any agreement is financially viable for QPR.”

In other words “we’ve got no chance of getting him but it’s not our fault!”    

On 25/01/2020 at 23:34, RedDave said:

Ah looks like might be fake twitter account pretending to be QPR. Some people have so much time on their hands!

What, like those who see a fake tweet and then announce it on here and use it as a stick to beat our own club with..?! 

You can’t argue with his goal score scoring record in the Championship, he’d be a good addition but at the right price! If we have been in negotiations for a while now surely by them recalling him that’s a sign we aren’t far off their valuation, it’s going to come down to agreeing terms with the player.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

You can’t argue with his goal score scoring record in the Championship, he’d be a good addition but at the right price! If we have been in negotiations for a while now surely by them recalling him that’s a sign we aren’t far off their valuation, it’s going to come down to agreeing terms with the player.

As I posted this, this is the latest word on Twitter, why don’t we just pay it and be done with it?!

Nahki Wells latest: #BurnleyFC could yet keep him and use him after he was recalled. Talks with #BristolCity do not agree on valuations for him and Brownhill (to Turf Moor) so far. #NottmForest and #QPR still interested

4 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

But you do realise we aren’t the only club in for him, don’t you? So someone else could be close to agreeing terms & signing him!

2 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

As I posted this, this is the latest word on Twitter, why don’t we just pay it and be done with it?!

Nahki Wells latest: #BurnleyFC could yet keep him and use him after he was recalled. Talks with #BristolCity do not agree on valuations for him and Brownhill (to Turf Moor) so far. #NottmForest and #QPR still interested

Because we can’t afford it

5 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Yep - its now all about if he wants to come here.

Burnley recalling him would indicate that a fee has been agreed with a club imo.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Similarly to QPR, we can’t just randomly throw millions around, there are rules that we tend to stick to.

Would a straight swap - Brownhill for Wells - be such a bad deal?

They need a young ambitious midfielder. We need a proven goalscorer. 

Why not put age, subjective valuations and other biases out of the equation and just accept that it's a simple solution to a pressing problem?

I'm playing devils advocate a bit here, so...

thoughts?

Archived