IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

5 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Reading between the lines from what QPR's CEO said about the situation.

Fair enough but we don’t know that they can’t afford him - that’s my point. I was surprised when they got him and Hugill on loan in the first place so who knows what the may end up doing. It looks like he loves it there from what’s been said on social media and that’s a big plus for QPR in moving any deal forwards. Burnley may drop their price come deadline day and allow him to go there on a reduced fee to get him off the books. We don’t know. 

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Fair enough but we don’t know that they can’t afford him - that’s my point. I was surprised when they got him and Hugill on loan in the first place so who knows what the may end up doing. It looks like he loves it there from what’s been said on social media and that’s a big plus for QPR in moving any deal forwards. Burnley may drop their price come deadline day and allow him to go there on a reduced fee to get him off the books. We don’t know. 

I think it's pretty obvious they can't afford him, going by what he said.

Just be recalled. Be interesting to see where he ends up. 

Seem to remember him tearing up the league before his Burnley transfer. Haven't really paid much attention until then

1 minute ago, soultrader said:

Starting to think us going back for NKetiah is akin to an abusive relationship  ......  

supporting bristol city is akin to an abusive relationship to be fair. You keep going back knowing you're going to be hurt and let down but you do it anyway

3 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

I think it's pretty obvious they can't afford him, going by what he said.

QPR have said they want him but valuations are far apart. We don’t know the ins and outs of what those valuations are or what they can afford .
Could be a smokescreen from them. Could just be bull***t to appease their fans. Could be a negotiating tactic. We don’t know and thats my point. Not long until we find out one way or another though!  

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

QPR have said they want him but valuations are far apart. We don’t know the ins and outs of what those valuations are or what they can afford .
Could be a smokescreen from them. Could just be bull***t to appease their fans. Could be a negotiating tactic. We don’t know and thats my point. Not long until we find out one way or another though!  

QPR are still crippled by the massive fine (around £40m?) they got for breaching FFP.

They haven't spent a bean in 18 months, so I think it highly unlikely they will be able to raise the funds for Wells.

I’m sensing this thread going the same way as the Nketiah thread. 
Nketiah diversified into height, weight and teenage growth spurts and many other things aside. 
This one is now turning to domestic abuse and cats with string & feathers. 

Beautiful. I can’t wait to see the length and content of this thread by the 31st Jan. 

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

No way he's going to QPR, odds-on he's coming here now as they want Brownhill. Only problem is if he plays instead of Diedhiou we've lost another tall player when defending, we're becoming quite a short team

46 minutes ago, Harry said:

The premier league club think they can coach and improve the 24 year old. They think they are signing ‘potential’ and can realise more from the asset in a few years. 
Just like they did with the other one in 2017. They signed a 27 year old Wells for £5m and now feel they can get £7m for him after he’s hardly even played for them. 
They’ll take a 24 year old for £7m, think they can improve him, realise he won’t be good enough yet still be able to sell him for £9m in 3 years time. 

Bloody copycats.

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

QPR are still crippled by the massive fine (around £40m?) they got for breaching FFP.

They haven't spent a bean in 18 months, so I think it highly unlikely they will be able to raise the funds for Wells.

I agree but whilst its unlikely it’s not impossible imho. 
Maybe I’m being completely and utterly naive but the player wants to be at QPR by all accounts and in my mind that must count for a great deal.  Maybe QPR can come up with a structured deal that keeps them within FFP and come deadline day Burnley accept it even if its lower than they currently want to get him off the books. Unlikely but not impossible. 

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

I agree but whilst its unlikely it’s not impossible imho. 
Maybe I’m being completely and utterly naive but the player wants to be at QPR by all accounts and in my mind that must count for a great deal.  Maybe QPR can come up with a structured deal that keeps them within FFP and come deadline day Burnley accept it even if its lower than they currently want to get him off the books. Unlikely but not impossible. 

QPR CONFIRM WELLS STANCE

QPR CEO Lee Hoos has confirmed QPR are keen to sign Nakhi Wells on a permanent basis.

“Burnley have recalled Nahki which is their right," he said.

“I wouldn’t normally make any comments regarding potential transfer targets but in this instance it is important our supporters know we are keen to sign Nahki on a permanent basis.

“Our current valuations on the player are far apart and we cannot agree to a deal which will leave us in breach of FFP.

“We are working hard for a positive conclusion but we must ensure any agreement is financially viable for QPR.”

This is from the QPR CEO, whether Wells wants to stay at QPR or not is irrelevant, if Burnley think they can get £5m or more for him then they will sell him elsewhere.

31 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Seem to remember him tearing up the league before his Burnley transfer. Haven't really paid much attention until then

supporting bristol city is akin to an abusive relationship to be fair. You keep going back knowing you're going to be hurt and let down but you do it anyway

Just think it could end up like Eastenders.

Don't do it to yourself City.

He's no good for ya.

He'll string you along and leave you in the lurch, like last time.

What do you see in him?

Pat we havent got any MONEY!

23 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

No way he's going to QPR, odds-on he's coming here now as they want Brownhill. Only problem is if he plays instead of Diedhiou we've lost another tall player when defending, we're becoming quite a short team

Finally a team that matches LJ's strengths.

I assume they would all look up to him?

Copied just now from Sky Sports transfer centre.

12:31

VYDRA AVAILABLE ON LOAN?

If Nahki Wells does stay at Burnley, it is likely Matej Vydra will head out of Turf Moor on loan.

A number of clubs are said to be interested.

If Wells does leave the club again it would only be on a permanent deal.

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Wells ..........too old and too expensive.  Instead of being held to ransom by Burnley, why don't don't we sign a young hungry Premiership striker on loan as we have done in the past.  I cannot believe that there is not a young Premiership striker available, who wants to prove himself with game time in the Championship?  There are 20 squads in the Prem, what happened to our great relationships with some of these teams?   We should spend big in the summer, prices for some strikers are just overpriced and absurd in this window........get working you transfer negotiators, and do your job  ?

Can't think of any though. Brewster and Nketiah were the ones but both unavailable now.

6 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

QPR CONFIRM WELLS STANCE

QPR CEO Lee Hoos has confirmed QPR are keen to sign Nakhi Wells on a permanent basis.

“Burnley have recalled Nahki which is their right," he said.

“I wouldn’t normally make any comments regarding potential transfer targets but in this instance it is important our supporters know we are keen to sign Nahki on a permanent basis.

“Our current valuations on the player are far apart and we cannot agree to a deal which will leave us in breach of FFP.

“We are working hard for a positive conclusion but we must ensure any agreement is financially viable for QPR.”

This is from the QPR CEO, whether Wells wants to stay at QPR or not is irrelevant, if Burnley think they can get £5m or more for him then they will sell him elsewhere.

I also think that this covers QPR if they do lose him.  They are trying to show that they are being proactive in their attempts to keep him so if they do miss out they are insulated from too much criticism as they have the FFP argument (rightly) on their side.  If they were to seen to simply concede his departure then i'd imagine the fans would be pretty disappointed with a perceived lack of effort to try and retain him.

27 minutes ago, soultrader said:

Just think it could end up like Eastenders.

Don't do it to yourself City.

He's no good for ya.

He'll string you along and leave you in the lurch, like last time.

What do you see in him?

Pat we havent got any MONEY!

Get outta my club.

1 hour ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Made I laugh mate but it's true. It's the hope that you might escape that kills you over and over like being revived and then tortured horribly again.

12 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Thing with Wells is that he isn't that prolific - never hit 20 in a season and only 7 last season and 10 before that.

I suppose 3.5m isn't extortionate - especially in the January window..

Players that have already scored 20 or more goals in a Championship season are never going to come here though are they? 

13 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Thing with Wells is that he isn't that prolific - never hit 20 in a season and only 7 last season and 10 before that.

I suppose 3.5m isn't extortionate - especially in the January window..

Rip their arm off at that price, we paid 2mill for Engvail

Archived