IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

29 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Because they probably feel they need him now.

I bet more clubs come in for him for 7 in the summer anyway. So they might be wanting to get him whilst they can.

Also aren't other clubs apparently interested too?

You’ll probably find that Burnley’s negotiating point is somewhere along the lines of, “You need a striker, we have 4 of them, you can have one for £3.5m if we can have one of your 4 central midfielders”?

We don’t want the midfielder as much as we want the striker, the striker is what will score us goals (hopefully) & put us in a position to compete better higher up the league. Brownhill in theory can be replaced by Massengo, Nagy or Smith for starters & if we feel we need more then we have a few days to recall Walsh or Morrell or both.

I guess a lot could also hinge on who instigated any potential deal?

38 minutes ago, Harry said:

Why would anyone pay more now when they know they can pay £7m in 12 games time? 

Need him now and He’s available to everyone at 7m...

There will be other clubs interested in the summer.

we shouldn’t take 7m now. We are pretty much guaranteed that fee in the summer so might aswell keep him unless someone makes it worthwhile us losing him now

1 minute ago, westonred said:

Did Forest or Leeds ever officially say they were after Wells ? Seems to me his agent or Burnley threw a couple of names in the hat to try and start a bidding war when there was only ever us interested

Clubs - at least those that act in a professional way - tend not to go public on who they want to sign. As far as I recall we have never said we want Wells either.

5 minutes ago, westonred said:

Did Forest or Leeds ever officially say they were after Wells ? Seems to me his agent or Burnley threw a couple of names in the hat to try and start a bidding war when there was only ever us interested

Well that Emiliano Sala agent said last year that that is a pretty standard tactic. 

So wouldn't be at all surprised 

25 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

11 pages of speculation ?

It’s all wild speculation and conjecture. Only those involved in recruitment know what is happening yet we see numerous threads about various players that City are allegedly  ‘interested’ in or ‘linked’ with and  these rumours frequently stem from the ever unreliable social media.............:cool2:

Being old school I simply wait until I see a signing announced on the OS - then I know that it’s a done deal.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s all wild speculation and conjecture. Only those involved in recruitment know what is happening yet we see numerous threads about various players that City are allegedly  ‘interested’ in or ‘linked’ with and  these rumours frequently stem from the ever unreliable social media.............:cool2:

Being old school I simply wait until I see a signing announced on the OS - then I know that it’s a done deal.

And for the 1000x time, despite saying that - here you are reading a thread which is (according to you) 'all wild speculation and conjecture' 

I am not so sure he'll be happy to leave West London all of a sudden to up sticks and be told to get down to Bristol.

So we lose a first choice captain and midfielder and gain a forward who has settled into a season long loan in London who doesn't want to be here. 

I am not sure it will end good.

2 minutes ago, Swede said:

I am not so sure he'll be happy to leave West London all of a sudden to up sticks and be told to get down to Bristol.

So we lose a first choice captain and midfielder and gain a forward who has settled into a season long loan in London who doesn't want to be here. 

It may not start well but I think he'd change his mind if he found he liked the City and got off to a flying start. Coming from London to Bristol is a big change but it's also relaxing for many.
End of the day he won't sign if he's not happy coming here.

9 minutes ago, Swede said:

Fk me, I bet you’re great fun at parties 

5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Can't think of any though. Brewster and Nketiah were the ones but both unavailable now.

20 squads in the Prem...........I cannot believe that Brewster and Nketiah are the only 2 strikers available?   Fortunately its not my job to look at every Prem squad, but surely they cannot be the only ones? ?

Just now, maxjak said:

20 squads in the Prem...........I cannot believe that Brewster and Nketiah are the only 2 strikers available?   Fortunately its not my job to look at every Prem squad, but surely they cannot be the only ones? ?

They have to be pretty exceptional if they're really young for them to make an impact at our level don't they?

The best young ones are generally being kept by their clubs it seems.

57 minutes ago, westonred said:

We were never in for Wells.

Constructively speaking I liken him to Weimann, I actually think Weimann is better than Wells he is quality in the correct role.

38 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

And for the 1000x time, despite saying that - here you are reading a thread which is (according to you) 'all wild speculation and conjecture' 

Just making the point that speculation and rumour is well..........pointless.

7 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

Constructively speaking I liken him to Weimann, I actually think Weimann is better than Wells he is quality in the correct role.

You sure we are not in for Wells?

Surely he is a better goalscoring striker than Weimann.

I don't really see Weimann as an out and out striker like Wells.

Weimann more a support striker or wide forward.

EDIT. Ahh you're a Leeds fan?

9 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

I doubt very much that Burnley would have called him back from QPR if there wasn't genuine interest from us. Also a lot of well respected Lancs reporters have stated we are after him so there must be some truth in it.

5 minutes ago, westonred said:

I doubt very much that Burnley would have called him back from QPR if there wasn't genuine interest from us. Also a lot of well respected Lancs reporters have stated we are after him so there must be some truth in it.

Correct, but you are responding to a Leeds fan I believe.

As stated in various articles, we are both far apart in our valuations. 

Burnley are being firm on their asking price and we are a few million off at this point. Burnley always considered recalling him from his loan for their second half of the season so that has no bearing on if he will be sold. 

As far as I'm aware there has been no talks of including JB in the deal, however Dyche is a big admirer. 

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just making the point that speculation and rumour is well..........pointless.

What would you rather then? People don't talk about rumours until they officially are announced?

I know for some reason you think social media is unreliable, but it's really not the case. It's about sifting through information and using your own judgement to see which you believe.

10 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

As stated in various articles, we are both far apart in our valuations. 

Burnley are being firm on their asking price and we are a few million off at this point. Burnley always considered recalling him from his loan for their second half of the season so that has no bearing on if he will be sold. 

As far as I'm aware there has been no talks of including JB in the deal, however Dyche is a big admirer. 

I don’t think that’s true. Last week Dyche was saying he’s honour the contract in place, and that him and Warbutton were bezzies

11 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Burnley always considered recalling him from his loan for their second half of the season so that has no bearing on if he will be sold. 

Interesting. The complete opposite to what Dyche has been saying in interviews and press conferences. 

Archived