IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Ok boomer ?‍♂️

I would suggest looking up the meaning of that, but it would probably mean having to use social media which is of course highly unreliable ?

Social media per se is a fantastic resource but when it comes to football transfers it’s amazingly unreliable.

For example - on social media City have been ‘linked’ with Wells, Taylor and Toney but I doubt if City will actually sign any of them.................:cool2:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Social media per se is a fantastic resource but when it comes to football transfers it’s amazingly unreliable.

For example - on social media City have been ‘linked’ with Wells, Taylor and Toney but I doubt if City will actually sign any of them.................:cool2:

Well it depends how you view it. You can take an educated guess that it's likely we've enquired for all of Wells, Taylor and Toney. You only have to look at who's reporting it to see that. 

Add that to the small amount of posters that hear bits and pieces - then you can see which rumours are reliable.

Social media is a bit complicated because it's very easy to get duped - we see it time and time again on here with people falling for fake accounts or fake rumours. If you have a bit of common sense and are internet savvy then it's easy to tell.

If you choose to totally disregard rumours on social media and only believe we're signing someone when it's officially confirmed - that's your lookout but it means you'd miss lots of the fun.

In recent years there have been many signings that have been reported through social media gossip and a bit of detective work - Taylor Moore, Eliasson, HNM, Kodjia, Matty Taylor - off the top of my head all of these signings were first reported on social media via info you'd call 'wild speculation'.

I always find it somewhat ironic that you've said that you have no interest in rumours until they result in OS confirmations.. but you're always on the transfer forum on threads which are 'wild speculation' ?

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s all wild speculation and conjecture. Only those involved in recruitment know what is happening yet we see numerous threads about various players that City are allegedly  ‘interested’ in or ‘linked’ with and  these rumours frequently stem from the ever unreliable social media.............:cool2:

Being old school I simply wait until I see a signing announced on the OS - then I know that it’s a done deal.

Totally agree.

2 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Cant believe were bein held to ransom for wells , is he having a half decent season yes is he actually anything special nope done very little prior to his qpr loan , we are so desperate its embarrasing , our scouting team need a kick up the arse we should of had our business done early in january.

What makes you think we are being held for ransom.

If anything, it will be probably us asking more for Brownhill, aswell as getting Wells

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

QPR are on record as saying they can't afford him, of course they've moved on

Unless I've missed an update, they said:

“Burnley have recalled Nahki which is their right," said Hoos,

“I wouldn’t normally make any comments regarding potential transfer targets but in this instance it is important our supporters know we are keen to sign Nahki on a permanent basis.

“Our current valuations on the player are far apart and we cannot agree to a deal which will leave us in breach of FFP.

“We are working hard for a positive conclusion but we must ensure any agreement is financially viable for QPR.”

They may very well have moved on but there were a few murmurs that Burnley were interest in their winger Osayi-Samuel and could be looking complete a deal similar to what has been rumoured with Brownhill. 

2 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Cant believe were bein held to ransom for wells , is he having a half decent season yes is he actually anything special nope done very little prior to his qpr loan , we are so desperate its embarrasing , our scouting team need a kick up the arse we should of had our business done early in january.

Hardly anyone has moved anywhere & more or less everyone wants a striker! It’s nothing to do with our scouts, LJ, MA, JL or SL! There just aren’t the players around so unless we’re willing to pay over the top with fee’s & personal terms, it’s unlikely we’ll get anyone & to be honest I’m fine with that.

I don’t think we should be paying over the odds for anyone.

2 minutes ago, Coppello said:

“I wouldn’t normally make any comments regarding potential transfer targets but in this instance it is important our supporters know we are keen to sign Nahki on a permanent basis.

“Our current valuations on the player are far apart and we cannot agree to a deal which will leave us in breach of FFP.

“We are working hard for a positive conclusion but we must ensure any agreement is financially viable for QPR.”

They may very well have moved on but there were a few murmurs that Burnley were interest in their winger Osayi-Samuel and could be looking complete a deal similar to what has been rumoured with Brownhill. 

but they can't pay any fee, they have no money, they can't offer him the wages we can, they have no money, thats why most of their dealings are free or loan,

They haven't spent anything since they got fined for breaching FFP, they really can't afford him and thats their CEO saving face

7 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Apparently that quote means QPR are categorically out of the running to a few on here..... 

3 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I'm 98% certain that, one way or another, Wells will end up at QPR. They are hardly going to start their negotiations with "We've got loads of money, name your price and we'll pay it".

If they have FFP issues, they could strike a loan to buy deal, which may (or may not) interest Burnley.

In terms of 'why did Burnley recall him?', then I suggest they're playing a smart game, helping QPR (or any other suitor) to focus on proposing the right deal.

FWIW, I think we enquired about Wells a few weeks back, but haven't taken it another further. Yes, they are after Brownhill, but I don't think Wells is the player we're after in exchange (I think its Gibson on loan - they surely won't sell or loan him to Watford given their respective league positions).

4 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Osayi-Samuel is out of contract in the summer, no automatic year extension & no sign of him looking to sign a new contract. He will be leaving QPR on a free this summer so any deal for Wells is going to mean QPR will have to pay Burnley’s full value for Wells & they can’t afford him.

QPR are still struggling financially because of the massive fine they got hit with due to their £40m FFP fine. QPR aren’t in for Wells, hence why they are after signing another loan player.

2 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

I'm 98% certain that, one way or another, Wells will end up at QPR. They are hardly going to start their negotiations with "We've got loads of money, name your price and we'll pay it".

If they have FFP issues, they could strike a loan to buy deal, which may (or may not) interest Burnley.

In terms of 'why did Burnley recall him?', then I suggest they're playing a smart game, helping QPR (or any other suitor) to focus on proposing the right deal.

FWIW, I think we enquired about Wells a few weeks back, but haven't taken it another further. Yes, they are after Brownhill, but I don't think Wells is the player we're after in exchange (I think its Gibson on loan - they surely won't sell or loan him to Watford given their respective league positions).

if qpr were to buy him burnley wouldn't of recalled him, why would they deny QPR the use of a player they are going to sign thus making it harder for them to win tonight, it doesn't make business,football or logical sense

QPR can't afford anyone, look at they transfers since they got fined, all frees and loans, they are ****** until at least the end of next season

2 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

I don’t think it’s nailed on but I think what you have outlined above is very plausible. The fact that the player wants to be at QPR is a massive factor in all of this imho and we know that players hold the cards these days. 

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

if qpr were to buy him burnley wouldn't of recalled him, why would they deny QPR the use of a player they are going to sign thus making it harder for them to win tonight, it doesn't make business,football or logical sense

QPR can't afford anyone, look at they transfers since they got fined, all frees and loans, they are ****** until at least the end of next season

I would have recalled him if QPR were submitting embarrassing offers - helps focus minds

3 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

QPR are still dealing with their £40m loss of over doing the FFP fine they got!

Why would Burnley recall Wells from his loan at QPR to only then allow him to join them? Makes no sense. They have tried to strike a deal & QPR just can’t meet the deal. Burnley & Sean Dyche have said that Wells will only leave Burnley on a permanent deal & if they don’t let Wells go, they will allow Vydra to go out on loan.

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

I don’t think it’s nailed on but I think what you have outlined above is very plausible. The fact that the player wants to be at QPR is a massive factor in all of this imho and we know that players hold the cards these days. 

Wells has as much chance of signing for Bury FC as he does for QPR. Burnley are in a position to get a couple of million pounds & aren’t in a position to just allow players to go for nothing unless they are about to be free transferred which isn’t the case at the situation with Wells, they even have an extra year to use on his deal on his deal if they want to use it.

9 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

QPR are still dealing with their £40m loss of over doing the FFP fine they got!

Why would Burnley recall Wells from his loan at QPR to only then allow him to join them? Makes no sense. They have tried to strike a deal & QPR just can’t meet the deal. Burnley & Sean Dyche have said that Wells will only leave Burnley on a permanent deal & if they don’t let Wells go, they will allow Vydra to go out on loan.

Exactly this.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

no all it does it upsets the players and bidding club, if it were to do anything it would force QPR to look elsewhere

Top level football is big business these days - QPR can't afford to move onto other targets without the leverage they have on this one (i.e. player wants to go there). I don't think they will pull out of the bidding race just to save face. We'll see though.

25 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

but they can't pay any fee, they have no money, they can't offer him the wages we can, they have no money, thats why most of their dealings are free or loan,

They haven't spent anything since they got fined for breaching FFP, they really can't afford him and thats their CEO saving face

Sorry @Monkeh, I'll believe it when I see it on the OS ?

3 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Top level football is big business these days - QPR can't afford to move onto other targets without the leverage they have on this one (i.e. player wants to go there). I don't think they will pull out of the bidding race just to save face. We'll see though.

they don't have any leverage he isn;t their player, they can't bid THEY HAVE NO MONEY!!!!!!! this isn't championship manager its the real world

2 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Sorry @Monkeh, I'll believe it when I see it on the OS ?

wrong forum robbo.....

32 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

they don't have any leverage he isn;t their player, they can't bid THEY HAVE NO MONEY!!!!!!! this isn't championship manager its the real world

wrong forum robbo.....

THEY HAVE SOME MONEY! But do they have enough? That's the real question. They don't have as much money as some in the race, that's for sure.

BTW, despite never playing championship manager, I have noticed that players have a lot of influence these days. If Nahki doesn't want to go somewhere, he doesn't have to. He can rest up in Burnley's ressers should he wish. Burnley wouldn't want that, of course.

Archived