IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

6 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

If we have really got a serious chance of pulling this off then please BRISTOL CITY DO NOT BOLLOCKS IT UP. We are operating in footballing backwater so we should expect to have to pay over the odds on wages.

As far as I am aware

1. the two Clubs agree a fee

2.then the player comes to the buying Club and susses it out.

3. If they feel okay about joining they then negotiate terms

4. If they agree the player has a medical

5. If that is okay the players signs.

Bob's yer flipping uncle, Fanny's yer aunt.

9 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

That doesn’t mean we should be held to ransom though although it’s always easy to expect someone else to stump up the extra money when it isn’t yours hey?

Well. Jumped right in there. Bit  flipping provocative. I'm not saying do anything stupid. But if I had 2 billion I wouldn't be tight with it.

So, with LJ now playing with one striker with success, where does Wells fit in ?

Can he play that role ?

Or will LJ change to two up front ?

I remember back in 2008 when we got Adebola in and GJ changed the system to fit him in - players since then have said it was a mistake which may have cost us promotion (nothing against Adebola who was a good player for us). I hope we're not going to make the same mistake again.

(not that he's signed for us yet of course)

17 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Well. Jumped right in there. Bit  flipping provocative. I'm not saying do anything stupid. But if I had 2 billion I wouldn't be tight with it.

You could have £50b, the case remains that FFP restricts what we are allowed to spend, this isn’t a new concept!

If it is a permanent deal I'm wondering if the length of contract will be an issue. If he wants 3 years plus will we go there given his age? 

We want him for short term impact while understandably he'll want a long contract as it could be his last at his age. Maybe more of an issue than his wage level? 

1 minute ago, southvillekiddy said:

Hate to repeat myself. But there are ways

Yeah, ask Derby, Birmingham, QPR & Sheffield Wednesday how those other ways are working out for them?

It’s not we’re in financial difficulties, we’re just playing to the rules of our governing body but I expect SL would love to get a £40m fine like QPR got just for signing someone that doesn’t guarantee anything.

It’s not like we’re planning on pushing the boat out for Ronaldo who is more likely to get us promotion but saying that, how’s Rooney working out for Derby?

1 minute ago, chucky said:

I thought ffp was about what you are allowed to lose, not spend. 

Profit & Loss, other wise, why has SL not thrown a billion at it? If you spend lots, it equates to a loss if you aren’t legally bringing the necessary funds into the club? Surely they go hand in hand?

15 minutes ago, chucky said:

I thought ffp was about what you are allowed to lose, not spend. 

Would like a lecture on how profit and loss works? If I spend money I don't have I make a loss. If I spend money in the hope I make more lonely as a result of it (see Aston Villa - for now), I'd better be pretty confident in my strategy or I could lose anawful lot more (see Derby, QPR, Birmingham etc). 

29 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

So, with LJ now playing with one striker with success, where does Wells fit in ?

Can he play that role ?

Or will LJ change to two up front ?

I remember back in 2008 when we got Adebola in and GJ changed the system to fit him in - players since then have said it was a mistake which may have cost us promotion (nothing against Adebola who was a good player for us). I hope we're not going to make the same mistake again.

(not that he's signed for us yet of course)

Back to 3 5 2 or 4 3 3 ... signing wells should mean we get more goals! 

We always get over run in a 4 4 2 other than fulham away .. it doesnt seem to suit us ... maybe 4-4-1-1  with pato swapping with fam depending on home or away games... or then again could try weimann and wells up top ... if wells can link the play like Afobe... 

Im pretty excited if this comes off! 

9 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Yes. Conversations happen unofficially, mainly thru agents, but it’s against the rules 

Yes. But if it happens then that's my point. Terms can and often are agreed before deal is agreed with club 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

To be blunt, yes ?

However, also ask yourself why Mike McGrath hasn't gone as far as saying it's basically a done deal and has instead only said a fee has been agreed...

I have, but I'm bloody ignorant and didn't answer me.

Archived