IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I think 352 which means no Eliasson.

Don't get how someone as good as Eliasson can't play a kind of free role in behind 2 strikers, but obviously LJ doesn't think he can as he said he can't play in that system.

That’s what I was wondering. LJ says he can’t, but why can’t he?

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Reported Wells was on £25k a week, that is just within our wage structure and not unreasonable we would expect him to drop a bit given now a Championship player not prem. 

Oh fair that's way closer to our limit than I thought he'd be on. Announce big signing on fee imo

32 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah I was thinking we may be in for another centre back. Still 2 days to go.

Looking at what LJ likes. He really would not have us defending corners with 2 six footers. He more or less said this a while ago.

To be fair he kind of has a point. Last night we were fantastic at defending corners. We had Fam, Baker and Williams and the others helped out. But take away Fam and we are far less comfortable.

Take away Fam and add Kalas which means 3 at the back, and no harm done.

Also if Brownhill goes, he is not exactly bad in the air and is back there defending corners. So him and Fam out and let's say Nagy/Massengo and Wells in and we are struggling imo.

Well we were linked to Benkovic at Leicester but things seem to of gone quiet on that front & he’s been heavily linked with going to Middlesborough.

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Shame it's not Vydra?........I think he would suit us a lot better than Wells, but i would guess his fee and wages are prohibitive.  Hope Wells proves me wrong, but i'm underwhelmed.........if only I was whelmed? ?

You mean Vydra who’s played less games & scored less goals than Wells over a similar period? What we need now is someone who’s going to hit the floor running, not need a month or two to get match fit.

21 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

You mean Vydra who’s played less games & scored less goals than Wells over a similar period? What we need now is someone who’s going to hit the floor running, not need a month or two to get match fit.

Yep.......that's the Vydra I mean.  Didn't realise there was more than one of them?

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Yep.......that's the Vydra I mean.  Didn't realise there was more than one of them?

Strange transfer philosophy, £3m or so for Wells who is match fit & scored goals on a regular basis this season or £5m+ for Vydra who has done nothing for the last couple of seasons since he basically joined Burnley. Makes very little sense to me & that’s before we start talking probable wages & bonuses to go on a percentage of the fee’s already being paid etc.

What would be the advantage of bringing Vydra to the club?

8 hours ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

If we get him I don’t think he will feature on the pitch Saturday 

Unless Wells insists on not lining up verses QPR, something we wouldn’t be too pleased about I’d imagine, then what’s stopping him from playing? QPR will have no say in it whatsoever as he’s not their player.

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

Love to see Wells and a fit Afobe upfront.

Question - are we likely to be able to afford to buy Afobe in the summer if Wells does join?

I'm certain that if Benik can prove his fitness, we will still sign him ??

Afobe and Wells up front has got the makings of a very good front pairing, not forgetting Fam to mix it up a bit

COYRs

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I'm certain that if Benik can prove his fitness, we will still sign him ??

Afobe and Wells up front has got the makings of a very good front pairing, not forgetting Fam to mix it up a bit

COYRs

I hope so. Plus With Palmer in behind the front 2. Such a strong attacking threat.

17 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Love to see Wells and a fit Afobe upfront.

Question - are we likely to be able to afford to buy Afobe in the summer if Wells does join?

Surely his bad injury reduces the fee/wage quite considerably? If so, then don't see why we wouldn't sign him! 

8 minutes ago, Akira said:

Surely his bad injury reduces the fee/wage quite considerably? If so, then don't see why we wouldn't sign him! 

Wasn''t the loan agreed with a fixed fee also agreed if we wanted to buy him at the end of the season? Sure I saw £3m mentioned. I doubt the fee would change if we wanted to take a punt but I'm sure we could be more creative with his personal terms if necessary. 

Archived