IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

I reckon we may get in Hutchison of Sheffield Wednesday. We were linked to him a few months back.

He's probably the type we are looking at. I did say Vaulks but he now gets in Cardiff side so can't see us getting him now.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I reckon we may get in Hutchison of Sheffield Wednesday. We were linked to him a few months back.

He's probably the type we are looking at. I did say Vaulks but he now gets in Cardiff side so can't see us getting him now.

Both are primarily defensive players so I doubt it, if we replace Brownhill it'll be someone who is similar in style.

33 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, that's my thoughts

Are we thinking something like £2.75m and £1m for play-offs / promotion then?

19 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Usually we buy youth. And we get good value and have done well.

This time we are buying goals - for 3 seasons. If the fee is 3m. and we have him for 3 years, we're paying 1m a year for a goalscorer. Thats a good deal.

We can still try and find a younger goalscorer for the future.

Exactimundo

1 minute ago, DownendRed97 said:

Any chance of there being a ‘gentleman’s agreement’ for him not to feature? 

Very much doubt. Our deal was with Burnley, not QPR

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Both are primarily defensive players so I doubt it, if we replace Brownhill it'll be someone who is similar in style.

Not so sure about that. LJ has said we need a tall midfielder. And we are a centre back short now Wright has gone.

Hutchinson can do either role. Wasn't in squad for last game which makes me think he's off. And we were rumoured to be interested.

We don't have to have a Brownhill type to replace him.

4 minutes ago, DownendRed97 said:

Absolutely zero chance. QPR have nothing to do with the transfer. He may not be keen on playing but as a professional he will understand the need to play him, if he scores the winner that secures 3 points, that could make the difference at the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, DownendRed97 said:

‘Slim ‘ and ‘  no ‘ would be my thought. 
We have eighteen games to forge a promotion push and , when signed , he is a Red . 
He will want to be promoted to the Prem more than he wouldn’t want to score against his old teammates. 

Maddison would be a clueless signing imo. 

Paterson playing brilliantly, Palmer we spent 4 million on, Szmodics Peterborough fans think is better.

We have seen our best wins is when we have 10 very hard working out field players. 

Ok we have played well with Palmer in the side when we had Afobe. So I guess we can get away with one who doesn't work really hard.

But a typical LJ player is one that works hard off the ball. Maddison is not one of those. 

Archived