IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

1 hour ago, BCFC Grim said:

How anyone can see this as negative is beyond me.

It shouldn’t be beyond if you are willing to listen to the reasons.

1. I cannot see Wells and Fam being a good partnership. Of course that might be wrong but who knows.  
2. If they aren’t then can we really play with a short striker leading the line?

3. The total package will be around £7m for Wells with no sell on value. This goes against our own policy. A policy I am a fan of. 

You might disagree with these points but time will tell if this is a good signing and if we can make a whole team work well that contains Nakhi Wells.  Even if you disagree with the above they are valid concerns and should not be beyond understanding 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

1. I cannot see Wells and Fam being a good partnership. Of course that might be wrong but who knows.  
2. If they aren’t then can we really play with a short striker leading the line?

3. The total package will be around £7m for Wells with no sell on value. This goes against our own policy. A policy I am a fan of. 

You might disagree with these points but time will tell if this is a good signing and if we can make a whole team work well that contains Nakhi Wells.  Even if you disagree with the above they are valid concerns and should not be beyond understanding 

The key now is to be able to get Wells and Eliason into our starting line up

4 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Walsh is staying at Coventry. Already been agreed.

Surely Walsh does whatever he's told to do and Coventry have no choice but to abide? Even if you say one thing you can do the other. All's fair in love, war and football...

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I can see your point Dave. But this is clearly a here and now signing, which they hope will kick us on from the position we’re in now. 

We’d have all preferred the signing to be a 21 year old with Wells’ stats, but such a player would cost 5x more. 

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Surely Walsh does whatever he's told to do and Coventry have no choice but to abide? Even if you say one thing you can do the other. All's fair in love, war and football...

And Walsh will be doing what he’s told, to stay at Coventry!

The club rarely do things backhandedly & I doubt they would in this instance but on the other hand, there has been no public guarantees given to Lincoln with regards to Morrell, so there still every chance he could be recalled.

8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Apparently he plays better with a partner so that doesnt concern me. 

Our last few Januarys have been poor and we have not pushed on because of it. This is a definite upgrade. Exactly the sort of player we are missing. Buy young  now and its unlike they will hit the ground running.

12 hours ago, HayBCFC said:

Just heard there’s been a wall put up in Berlin to divide Germany into east and west, more as I get it.

Yep, but you edited out my apology for putting up old news which was under the tweet you copied ... but I guess if you’d included my whole post then your ‘hilarious’ quip about Berlin wouldn’t have been as ‘funny’ ....

4 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Apparently he plays better with a partner so that doesnt concern me. 

Our last few Januarys have been poor and we have not pushed on because of it. This is a definite upgrade. Exactly the sort of player we are missing. Buy young  now and its unlike they will hit the ground running.

Time will tell I guess. See who is right or wrong sooner or later 

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

When the '5 pillars' strategy was rolled out, it was stated very clearly by SL that although our transfer policy would be based on good, young prospects that have a sell-on value, this would not exclude us from buying in "experience" as and when it was deemed necessary. These signing would be an exception rather than a rule due to having our fingers burnt with several expensive, older signings that didn't necessarily cut the mustard.

He was very understanding that on occasions, you need that bit of extra quality/experience in a young team, even if it may cost you a bit more in fees/wages which you may not recoup. 

NH appears to be that type of signing that may give us that 'hit the floor running' boost to take us into the top six/promotion

14 minutes ago, RedDave said:

The value is in the goals. If he gets 15-20 goals over the next 3 years then that is money very well spent. 

You have been conditioned to believe we must sign players that we can develop and sell on. This is a here and now signing to hopefully push us over the line. You cant just buy players for the future, sometimes you need one or two who are primed to fit right into the team and deliver performances immediately. 

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The value is in the goals. If he gets 15-20 goals over the next 3 years then that is money very well spent. 

You have been conditioned to believe we must sign players that we can develop and sell on. This is a here and now signing to hopefully push us over the line. You cant just buy players for the future, sometimes you need one or two who are primed to fit right into the team and deliver performances immediately. 

Don’t be a ***** and tell me that I have been conditioned. Leave your ***** ness for the politics threads 

23 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Someone's tired !!

4 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

When the '5 pillars' strategy was rolled out, it was stated very clearly by SL that although our transfer policy would be based on good, young prospects that have a sell-on value, this would not exclude us from buying in "experience" as and when it was deemed necessary. These signing would be an exception rather than a rule due to having our fingers burnt with several expensive, older signings that didn't necessarily cut the mustard.

He was very understanding that on occasions, you need that bit of extra quality/experience in a young team, even if it may cost you a bit more in fees/wages which you may not recoup. 

NH appears to be that type of signing that may give us that 'hit the floor running' boost to take us into the top six/promotion

Alle-flaming-luiah! Well done RR, as clear an exposition of the position as anyone could want.  Of course you can have a coherent policy of GENERALLY buying young players to develop, AND buy such as Nakhi Wells.

RR, would you mind keeping this to hand to resubmit in future windows?

Archived