IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

21 minutes ago, Sniper said:

To be fair just had a quick look over and there were a majority of sensible comments about price, FFP,  QPR not being able to compete because of FFP and recognition on the players we had sold recently and the Brownhill situation...

5 minutes ago, keflav said:

To be fair just had a quick look over and there were a majority of sensible comments about price, FFP,  QPR not being able to compete because of FFP and recognition on the players we had sold recently and the Brownhill situation...

Exactly what I thought. 

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

:clap:That actually made me laugh out loud, I'd love to know what the old dude has got in that bag :laugh:

It looks like a head.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Wouldnt be a bad shout of recalling Taylor to act as cover and letting Semenyo out on loan but then dont we need 1 home grown player in the matchday squad?

Cue Morrell?

48 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Ha Ha pissy pants the lot of them. Personally dont think he would start on sat anyway but great if we get this done today so he can train with the squad tomorrow 

23 minutes ago, keflav said:

Some of our own fans might want to take note of this post:

"in the last two or three years, Bristol City have sold Webster (£20m), Kelly (£13m), Reid (£10m), Bryan (£6m) and Flint (£7m) and Kodjia for £12m a couple of seasons before that.

They, along with Brentford, are the sort of club we should be looking to emulate in the next couple of seasons, by buying low and selling high."

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

You got us all excited ? 

I uploaded a pic

Changed the thread title

Moved the thread

Realised it was a fake pic

Hid my post and the replies

Changed the thread title again

Moved the thread back again

Now off for a lie down :sub:

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

I uploaded a pic

Changed the thread title

Moved the thread

Realised it was a fake pic

Hid my post and the replies

Changed the thread title again

Moved the thread back again

Now off for a lie down :sub:

So given the new thread title, are you saying that Wells is not going to be a Telegraph journalist after all?  ?

10 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Some of our own fans might want to take note of this post:

"in the last two or three years, Bristol City have sold Webster (£20m), Kelly (£13m), Reid (£10m), Bryan (£6m) and Flint (£7m) and Kodjia for £12m a couple of seasons before that.

They, along with Brentford, are the sort of club we should be looking to emulate in the next couple of seasons, by buying low and selling high."

Indeed - and some of our fans still want LJ gone...........jeez.........:disapointed2se:

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Thanks, I always find it interesting reading other forums. There are a few beauties in there ? but in general they're just understandably upset. There are a fair few that clearly don't know much about FFP or our transfer history but thought this one was interesting. 

in the last two or three years, Bristol City have sold Webster (£20m), Kelly (£13m), Reid (£10m), Bryan (£6m) and Flint (£7m) and Kodjia for £12m a couple of seasons before that.

They, along with Brentford, are the sort of club we should be looking to emulate in the next couple of seasons, by buying low and selling high.

Immediately breaking ranks and policy and spending the entirety of our transfer budget on a striker with zero resale value would show that we as a club have learned nothing and are only paying lip service to being sustainable.

I like Wells, we'll miss Wells, and if it was a straight choice between us and Brizzle, he'd pick us 11 times out of 10, but we have to hold firm on this.
1257.gif

Sorry @chinapig missed that you had already posted this. 

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Totally agree. He’s 2 years younger than Jamie Vardy and there isn’t a club in the Premier League or maybe the whole of Europe who’d be moaning if he was playing for them ! 

Four years........Vardy turned 33 a couple of weeks ago ?

6 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Thanks, I always find it interesting reading other forums. There are a few beauties in there ? but in general they're just understandably upset. There are a fair few that clearly don't know much about FFP or our transfer history but thought this one was interesting. 

in the last two or three years, Bristol City have sold Webster (£20m), Kelly (£13m), Reid (£10m), Bryan (£6m) and Flint (£7m) and Kodjia for £12m a couple of seasons before that.

They, along with Brentford, are the sort of club we should be looking to emulate in the next couple of seasons, by buying low and selling high.

Immediately breaking ranks and policy and spending the entirety of our transfer budget on a striker with zero resale value would show that we as a club have learned nothing and are only paying lip service to being sustainable.

I like Wells, we'll miss Wells, and if it was a straight choice between us and Brizzle, he'd pick us 11 times out of 10, but we have to hold firm on this.
1257.gif

Add Brownhill and you've nearly reached 80m of sales in a few years (edit: Kodjia was a while ago)

12 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

1257.gif

Sorry @chinapig missed that you had already posted this. 

No worries, the point is worth making twice!

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Indeed - and some of our fans still want LJ gone...........jeez.........:disapointed2se:

It’s one part of his overall performance.

He’s done well on this. Credit to MA for delivering the £s too.

Don't get me wrong I like him, hope he succeeds, but he will be evaluated on many things, and done will be weighted higher than others. I’m sure league position is highly weighted.

He is in credit, undoubtedly, but there are aspects of his job where he deserves some criticism. Nowhere near enough imho to say LJ out, but I see why some do. 

14 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Me too........when the old dude threw his crutches away......I fell off of my sofa. and my sides are now hurting.......really FF.

Found the vid :laugh: Christ, he's got more energy than me and he's probably 30 years older.

21 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Four years........Vardy turned 33 a couple of weeks ago ?

The thought of wells playing for us isnt the problem, 4/5 million is a lot for us for any player,, and the chances are that we wont tealise any future profit for him.

thats like someone like brighton paying 40 million for vardy knowing he has no resale value,,, they would love him there but not at any cost

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My point was more to with the club's strategy and the fact that a fan of another club recognises its value when some of ours don't.

Having said that, it requires a Head Coach who can work with the strategy, accepting that he has to keep making progress on the pitch while regularly losing his best players. The kind of big name managers some of our fans crave are not likely to accept the restrictions.

He has things he can do better but overall I think LJ has done ok in the circumstances.

Archived