IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

6 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Just back from the gate where involved with a group session, we were not allowed into the concourse like we normally do, due to signings being made and was also told Wells was in the coffee shop earlier ...so waiting the announcement

I smell sh1t, how you showered since you got back?

thanks for the update, signings sound interesting 

41 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I would really like to here the opinions of some of the more tactically aware of the forum contributors,  on what formation and set up they see us playing once Wells joins us..........and sadly Josh leaves us?  Except you Robbered (Just Kiddin) ?

He's a poacher. In my eyes that's very good because to get the best out of him it'll mean counter attacks, through balls and crosses. In theory it should make for exciting football.

He's not huge so no point lumping it up to him and hoping it sticks. Could work really well with Diedhiou or even Weimann.

I think Weimann has often played here with players who aren't always on his wavelength, Wells has good attacking movement and I think the pair of them could play really well together.

Like Afobe, Wells has the type of movement to bring the best out of Kasey Palmer too.

He is a good signing, not only because he will do well here, but he will be good for us fans as it'll force us to play more attractive attacking football to bring the best out of him. 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

LJs flaw if you like is exactly the same as his father - namely dull and uninspiring football, boring in other words. However very few criticised his dad for the same thing..........but now they whinge about LJ serving up the same stuff.........jeez........you really couldn’t make it up.........:cool2:

That said, with LJ I can see what he’s trying to do but isn’t quite there yet but with GJ I had no idea what he was trying to do. I’m willing to stick by LJ  and hope he gets his right sooner rather than later.

LJ has T times had us playing some of the best football I’ve seen by a City team. The first half of that semi final cup run season we were brilliant. We even stood toe to toe with the best club in the country at the time and held our own, whilst playing football.

its not been great lately but it’s nonsense to say his style is dull and uninspiring

47 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I would really like to here the opinions of some of the more tactically aware of the forum contributors,  on what formation and set up they see us playing once Wells joins us..........and sadly Josh leaves us?  Except you Robbered (Just Kiddin) ?

Has he signed then.

He's going to love all of Eliasson's balls in to the box, if not necessarily that first ball that goes in (including those shit hot corners he delivers time and time again)

NE's delivery is seldom dealt with straight off even if it is only half cleared, so could be interesting to have a finisher by trade at BCFC.

I'm pretty excited about this guy's arrival to be honest.

19 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Just back from the gate where involved with a group session, we were not allowed into the concourse like we normally do, due to signings being made and was also told Wells was in the coffee shop earlier ...so waiting the announcement

He was as I said earlier mate, got a mate who works in there. :laugh:

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

LJ has T times had us playing some of the best football I’ve seen by a City team. The first half of that semi final cup run season we were brilliant. We even stood toe to toe with the best club in the country at the time and held our own, whilst playing football.

its not been great lately but it’s nonsense to say his style is dull and uninspiring

Agree. I've never seen football like it down here.

Weird thing is we had 4 big stoppers with no technical ability at the back. Yet we passed the ball superbly.

It was mainly down to the pressing. And when we won it back in the final third we would then see the great passing and movement.

That's why style of football can be as important as results. We didn't end up making playoffs but the football we played I will never forget.

5 minutes ago, Charlie0016 said:

Wells has followed Bristol city on instagram along with Korey smith 

Yep, just had a quick look.

Looks good as done. 

2 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

He also doesn’t follow QPR or Burnley, just QPR Women. ?

He does.

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

That Man Utd game was a very special match in as much that City were massive underdogs and no doubt LJ got the players relaxed with an ‘we’ve got nothing to lose’  attitude and they expressed themselves and performed with freedom.

Its the regular league matches the freedom to express themselves just isn’t there as league points are far more crucial and City play in a far more cautious fashion with a ‘don’t lose’ mindset.

46 minutes ago, pillred said:

Maybe his goodwill, though I realise we shouldn't have to do it.

We are paying him 20k+ a week for him to play for us. I would expect his goodwill to be with us.

40 minutes ago, pillred said:

I'm well aware of that, it was just if it was making him hesitate to sign out of a sense of loyalty to QPR, though I know that sounds daft and we probably wouldn't do that.

Why should he show QPR any loyalty when they didnt show him any loyalty? They refused to break their structure to sign him, I'd feel pretty let down by them if I was him! 

As others have said he would naturally drop in for Weinman or Paterson. If Afobe gets fit and back in the team then you have a real welcome problem. It will depend who the opposition are and he Lee will shuffle the pack accordingly. Fam would play against your more physical sides with Wienman. Afobe and Wells would play against your more tactical passing teams and try and play within the spaces.

Archived