IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

4 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

If so that's smart business.

I was hoping that was the case so we give over less to Preston with their sell on.

I suspect for FFP they would have to be treated as separate transfers but I dont care what anyone says about Mark Ashton he would have assured that in whatever way this deal is structured it's been done within the rules and in a way that gives us maximum flexibility within our budget.

12 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-sign-nahki-wells/

It's on the OS so now everyone on here can believe we've signed NW.

Yeh but @Robbored will be spitting feathers because this clearly doesn’t fit in with the ‘Lansdown Strategy’ that he’s been wanging on about for ages! We don’t sign guys of his age according to the wise one ... “Lansdown will stick to his strategy and LJ has bought into that, we only buy young players who we can develop into ones we can sell for a huge profit...” - well this signing blows that out of the water - at last, a geezer who can score goals in the championship without being sent out on loan first...

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh but @Robbored will be spitting feathers because this clearly doesn’t fit in with the ‘Lansdown Strategy’ that he’s been wanging on about for ages! We don’t sign guys of his age according to the wise one ... “Lansdown will stick to his strategy and LJ has bought into that, we only buy young players who we can develop into ones we can sell for a huge profit...” - well this signing blows that out of the water - at last, a geezer who can score goals in the championship without being sent out on loan first...

Ummm.......you’re overlooking the fact that City made a profit on the two deals...........:cool2:

Bentley

Hunt.         Williams.            Baker.         DaSilva

Massengo     Palmer       Smith

Elliasson   Fam       Wells

With Kalas Nagy to pop in 

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ummm.........Brownhill going for around £10m and Wells arriving for around £4m.........that’s roughly a cool £6m profit.

Minus £2m to Preston (if £10m is upfront, personally reckon it will be £7m + £3m (Appearances, etc) + 20% sell-on).....

Wells £3m(ish) + £1m add-ons.

So £7 minus £3m at this point minus £1.4m(ish) to PNE.  So about £2.6m

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

And best of all, I dont think anyone can argue we've been made significantly weaker.

I’d argue that by signing a proven and in form Championship striker that City have strengthened the squad. 
According to Ashton there could well be more incoming tomorrow......

Archived