IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

3 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Bentley

Hunt.         Williams.            Baker.         DaSilva

Massengo     Palmer       Smith

Elliasson   Fam       Wells

With Kalas Nagy to pop in 

Wells on the wing?

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh, but you’ve wanged on for years about Lansdown’s ‘strategy’ - and it didn’t include signing a 29 year old ... you’ve been adamant about that 

Show me where I said that.........:dunno:

I’ve been saying that I understand SLs strategy and making a very significant profit on a young player developed by LJ into a PL player is a perfect example of said strategy.

Congratulations MA and LJ for getting this over the line.

There. I’ve said it. 

I’m getting a good feeling about this window. A nice aggressive, powerful, tall defensive midfielder recall both Walsh and Morrell and that’ll be a decent window. Potentially, in profit too. 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Minus £2m to Preston (if £10m is upfront, personally reckon it will be £7m + £3m (Appearances, etc) + 20% sell-on).....

Wells £3m(ish) + £1m add-ons.

So £7 minus £3m at this point minus £1.4m(ish) to PNE.  So about £2.6m

But a decent profit nonetheless............

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Show me where I said that.........:dunno:

I’ve been saying that I understand SLs strategy and making a very significant profit on a young player developed by LJ into a PL player is a perfect example of said strategy.

Exactly, signing a 29 year old short term solution goes totally against the strategy you’ve endorsed for years - at last, we’ve thought about the ‘here and now’ rather than send a zillion signings out on loan ‘young players, ones for the future’ - you’ve championed that ‘strategy’ for years, but it seems we might actually be looking at the present rather than five years down the line - how refreshing! ??????

Just to confirm, is this a player LJ wanted ? Or is out MA ? Or does it depend on how he performs ? 

Decent mature player, at his peak, championship ready. We will never know the real numbers (clearly played with)  but good for JB to get is chance and helps with FFP. 

If Afobe comes back, and we can sign him, good  forwards for the Championship. 

Where will Wells play ? 

3 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Fair enough, I’ve had a ‘mare there.

TBH it’s been a tough day at work, so I’ve had a few and totally forgot JD existed because of his injuries so far this season. ?

Haha fair enough it’s an impossible puzzle. Only way I can really see Palmer and Wells playing together is the former behind the latter. Assuming Elliason plays 

5 minutes ago, Bobby kellard hero said:

Preston have a 20% sell on clause so we will have to pay them 1.8 million.

We don’t owe Preston a penny.  Burnley may have to pay Preston 20% of any profit they made on the player, unless they sold him to us for less than they paid for him, in which case they don’t owe Preston a penny either.

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Haha fair enough it’s an impossible puzzle. Only way I can really see Palmer and Wells playing together is the former behind the latter. Assuming Elliason plays 

I still think people are hung up on starting 11’s when it’s so clearly a 14 man game these days. I like the idea of NE coming off the bench with 20 to go against tired fullbacks. Or playing 70 minutes flat out knowing he will be replaced as we change up. There are several possibilities with the way the squad is coming together.

34 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

....................Afobe....Wells

..........................Palmer

Eliasson.......Smith....Nagy(Ampadu).....Hunt

..............Baker...Williams(Benkovic)..Kalas

.........................Bentley

Bloody hell , we’d get ripped apart with that line up. Square pegs in square holes, shouldn’t play players out of position imo. 
you could play 4141-4231 like we did Tuesday with a perm of  wells, wiemann, elliasson, Palmer , pato behind fam or without fam 

1 hour ago, Hellfire Corner said:

Nahki Wells revealed on the roof, next signing with be Kemar Roofe revealed down a well.

Easily the funniest thing I've read on OTIB. The thought of the club actually doing this for fun is killing me!

8 minutes ago, Malago said:

We don’t owe Preston a penny.  Burnley may have to pay Preston 20% of any profit they made on the player, unless they sold him to us for less than they paid for him, in which case they don’t owe Preston a penny either.

It’s Preston’s sell on clause on Brownhill...

Archived