IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

Looking at the highlights reel I am hoping that him and Famara become the Owen and Heskey of the Championship for the remainder of the season. If they click we are nailed on for the play offs.

Nice Submariner he’s wearing in the video, probably does a lot of skin diving back in Bermuda.

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Lansdown's strategy is that signings will more often than not be players under the age of 24 who will improve.

The fact that not every signing is someone under 24 does not "blow it out the water".

The bulk of our signings do conform to that but others do not. Hunt, Pisano and Weimann being others that didn't. 

Yeh I know, I was just setting out how Robbored has summarised the strategy for us continually ...

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

So what would you call this 

Smith

Ellison. Palmer. Paterson

Wells. Diedhiou 

Just because you could call that a 4-1-3-2 doesn’t mean it is one as the three is not a midfield.  

Thats closer to 4-1-5 than 4-1-3-2

Youre better than that DF

???

Depends on the depth of Smith and the other three.

If those three were Massengo, Nagy and Rowe instead, would you see it differently.  But i think you’d be hard-pushed to find anyone else on here (I’ll eat my hat made of rice-paper if you do ???) who’d call it a “5”.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

???

If those three were Massengo, Nagy and Rowe instead, would you see it differently.  But i think you’d be hard-pushed to find anyone else on here (I’ll eat my hat made of rice-paper if you do ???) who’d call it a “5”.

Would get torn to pieces ?

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

???

Of course I would see it differently.  Picking just smith on his own like that would be suicide. Palmer is not a central midfielder so you can put in there if you want but realistically he would be lost. That’s why I’m calling it a 5.  As that’s what it would almost become with that personnel 

While not wishing to dampen the excitement of this signing, can someone please explain to me why he didn’t start a single game for Burnley?  That’s pretty unusual - even the dreadful Diony started a couple of games for us!  Are we saying good enough for the Championship but not good enough for the Prem?

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

While not wishing to dampen the excitement of this signing, can someone please explain to me why he didn’t start a single game for Burnley?  That’s pretty unusual - even the dreadful Diony started a couple of games for us!  Are we saying good enough for the Championship but not good enough for the Prem?

Because he is a good championship striker not a prem striker

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Wells scores goals at teams that create a lot of chances.  He has had three good seasons at this level for two different teams. Huddersfield and QPR, this season. Both teams created a lot of chances. QPR create more than most teams this season. We create very few. As do Burnley.  So I just don’t think he was a fit there. Burnley play with big strong strikers

We will need to change our game to get the best from Wells. 

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Because he is a good championship striker not a prem striker

He’s played 9 games in the premier league and zero of those are starts. Harsh to say he isn’t a good Prem striker. Just not suited to Burnley 

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Wells scores goals at teams that create a lot of chances.  He has had three good seasons at this level for two different teams. Huddersfield and QPR, this season. Both teams created a lot of chances. QPR create more than most teams this season. We create very few. As do Burnley.  So I just don’t think he was a fit there. Burnley play with big strong strikers

We will need to change our game to get the best from Wells. 

He’s played 9 games in the premier league and zero of those are starts. Harsh to say he isn’t a good Prem striker. Just not suited to Burnley 

Not harsh at all, if he was a good prem striker he’d be playing week in week out for Burnley like Chris wood 

47 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

no offence taken, just confusion.. it essentially means list, line up whatever.

Why... just why bother?

Not sure why you are confused, there's nothing hard to understand here. I know what it means. It's an ugly Americanism, something I dislike. Maybe you do things in your life that would make me think "why bother?!" but I wouldn't comment as I wouldn't want to seem rude. Everyone is different.

31 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Exactly that, an in between level of quality like David Nugent, Gayle, Vydra, Wickham, Bamford etc. Never first choice picks in the Premier League but tear up the Championship. That is the ceiling of what we can attract atm, if you’re talking finished article. The next tier is Mitrovic, Gray for established or Watkins, Bowen for potential and we just aren’t in these markets. So I am pretty happy with Wells and if he comes back the same player Afobe.

6 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Exactly that, an in between level of quality like David Nugent, Gayle, Vydra, Wickham, Bamford etc. Never first choice picks in the Premier League but tear up the Championship. That is the ceiling of what we can attract atm, if you’re talking finished article. The next tier is Mitrovic, Gray for established or Watkins, Bowen for potential and we just aren’t in these markets. So I am pretty happy with Wells and if he comes back the same player Afobe.

Does make you wonder why Burnley bought him in the first place.

21 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Not sure why you are confused, there's nothing hard to understand here. I know what it means. It's an ugly Americanism, something I dislike. Maybe you do things in your life that would make me think "why bother?!" but I wouldn't comment as I wouldn't want to seem rude. Everyone is different.

Just confused as to why anyone would go out of their way to make such a (personal) observation on a word used, roster is quite clearly a word used throughout the world in various translations I am sure. 

well there is some irony..apparently one thing I do like to do in my life is use the word roster, to which you did think "why bother" but then you did comment.. and you seemed rude

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

You know those are tweets by QPR and City respectively? Fair play to the agent though if he has managed to infiltrate the Twitter accounts for two different football clubs. 

If that's the case that underlines my point. Those weren't written by the player but are worded to suggest they are his words. 

44 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

37 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Quite baffling considering they’ve been in the Premier League for a while. I guess a low risk punt though if they shift up a category like Chris Wood has.

The Premier league equivalent of Mo Eisa.

41 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I was just going to ask the same thing. I rarely get drawn into players linked with us, too many disappointments over the years when the deal (rumours) don’t pan out. I just started reading a few pages of this thread now he has signed and know a little about him now.

It seems the feeling is positive, proven with experience but confusion of where he going to fit into the team? Looks like a good finisher if we create the chances, but that has been our downfall over the past couple of years hasn’t it, creating the chances?

Have I understood this right, or would anyone please sum him up in a couple of sentences to save me trawling back pages and pages.

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Firstly, the form of Ashley Barnes, which last season was sensational. Now compounded by Jay Rodriguez, who when fit is top class.

Archived