Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Banjo Red

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

if qpr were to buy him burnley wouldn't of recalled him, why would they deny QPR the use of a player they are going to sign thus making it harder for them to win tonight, it doesn't make business,football or logical sense

QPR can't afford anyone, look at they transfers since they got fined, all frees and loans, they are ****** until at least the end of next season

I would have recalled him if QPR were submitting embarrassing offers - helps focus minds

3 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

I'm 98% certain that, one way or another, Wells will end up at QPR. They are hardly going to start their negotiations with "We've got loads of money, name your price and we'll pay it".

If they have FFP issues, they could strike a loan to buy deal, which may (or may not) interest Burnley.

In terms of 'why did Burnley recall him?', then I suggest they're playing a smart game, helping QPR (or any other suitor) to focus on proposing the right deal.

FWIW, I think we enquired about Wells a few weeks back, but haven't taken it another further. Yes, they are after Brownhill, but I don't think Wells is the player we're after in exchange (I think its Gibson on loan - they surely won't sell or loan him to Watford given their respective league positions).

QPR are still dealing with their £40m loss of over doing the FFP fine they got!

Why would Burnley recall Wells from his loan at QPR to only then allow him to join them? Makes no sense. They have tried to strike a deal & QPR just can’t meet the deal. Burnley & Sean Dyche have said that Wells will only leave Burnley on a permanent deal & if they don’t let Wells go, they will allow Vydra to go out on loan.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HayBCFC said:

The Beatles have just split up as well mate apparently.

And a bloke called Noah has built a massive boat.

5 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

I would have recalled him if QPR were submitting embarrassing offers - helps focus minds

no all it does it upsets the players and bidding club, if it were to do anything it would force QPR to look elsewhere

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

I don’t think it’s nailed on but I think what you have outlined above is very plausible. The fact that the player wants to be at QPR is a massive factor in all of this imho and we know that players hold the cards these days. 

Wells has as much chance of signing for Bury FC as he does for QPR. Burnley are in a position to get a couple of million pounds & aren’t in a position to just allow players to go for nothing unless they are about to be free transferred which isn’t the case at the situation with Wells, they even have an extra year to use on his deal on his deal if they want to use it.

9 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

QPR are still dealing with their £40m loss of over doing the FFP fine they got!

Why would Burnley recall Wells from his loan at QPR to only then allow him to join them? Makes no sense. They have tried to strike a deal & QPR just can’t meet the deal. Burnley & Sean Dyche have said that Wells will only leave Burnley on a permanent deal & if they don’t let Wells go, they will allow Vydra to go out on loan.

Exactly this.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

no all it does it upsets the players and bidding club, if it were to do anything it would force QPR to look elsewhere

Top level football is big business these days - QPR can't afford to move onto other targets without the leverage they have on this one (i.e. player wants to go there). I don't think they will pull out of the bidding race just to save face. We'll see though.

25 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

but they can't pay any fee, they have no money, they can't offer him the wages we can, they have no money, thats why most of their dealings are free or loan,

They haven't spent anything since they got fined for breaching FFP, they really can't afford him and thats their CEO saving face

Sorry @Monkeh, I'll believe it when I see it on the OS 😶

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Top level football is big business these days - QPR can't afford to move onto other targets without the leverage they have on this one (i.e. player wants to go there). I don't think they will pull out of the bidding race just to save face. We'll see though.

they don't have any leverage he isn;t their player, they can't bid THEY HAVE NO MONEY!!!!!!! this isn't championship manager its the real world

2 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Sorry @Monkeh, I'll believe it when I see it on the OS 😶

wrong forum robbo.....

15 hours ago, Spike said:

Coming from London to Bristol is a big change 

If he misses London, he should spend his spare time in the coffee shops of Southville, practically everyone in there is from the c(r)apital these days! 

• Like 1

Aside of any transfer or not, atleast this should mean he wont get the inevitible goal against us on Saturday that we all knew he would score!!!!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

they don't have any leverage he isn;t their player, they can't bid THEY HAVE NO MONEY!!!!!!! this isn't championship manager its the real world

wrong forum robbo.....

THEY HAVE SOME MONEY! But do they have enough? That's the real question. They don't have as much money as some in the race, that's for sure.

BTW, despite never playing championship manager, I have noticed that players have a lot of influence these days. If Nahki doesn't want to go somewhere, he doesn't have to. He can rest up in Burnley's ressers should he wish. Burnley wouldn't want that, of course.

11 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:
49 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

** they can't bid THEY HAVE NO MONEY!!!!!!! this isn't championship manager its the real world

THEY HAVE SOME MONEY! But do they have enough? That's the real question. ** They don't have as much money as some in the race, that's for sure.

THEY  SHOULD .  …..  ** Go Directly To Jail,  Do Not Pass Go,  Do Not Collect £200. 

6 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Why are people debating him going to QPR when Forest seems the most likely option?

I think they're set to sign Nuno da Costa from Strasbourg which may impact on their pursuit of Wells. Ridiculously, this would be their 32nd player in the first team squad so I have no idea how they can afford another wage. 

48 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

If he misses London, he should spend his spare time in the coffee shops of Southville, practically everyone in there is from the c(r)apital these days! 

london friends GIF

21 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Why are people debating him going to QPR when Forest seems the most likely option?

Nah, he's staying at Arsenal! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

THEY  SHOULD .  …..  ** Go Directly To Jail,  Do Not Pass Go,  Do Not Collect £200. 

Or hope that someone lands on one of their hotels, giving them some cash to spend.

ps QPR are owned by a group of very wealthy men, including the 3rd richest man in the world. FFP ties their hand, of course, but I reckon they could rustle up £5m between them

13 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Or hope that someone lands on one of their hotels, giving them some cash to spend.

ps QPR are owned by a group of very wealthy men, including the 3rd richest man in the world. FFP ties their hand, of course, but I reckon they could rustle up £5m between them

no they can't because if they did they would breach the FFP regulations again and face further punishment including a large points deduction and further fines,

37 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

no they can't because if they did they would breach the FFP regulations again and face further punishment including a large points deduction and further fines,

There are ways around that, ask Derby 😘

3 hours ago, nickolas said:

Aside of any transfer or not, atleast this should mean he wont get the inevitible goal against us on Saturday that we all knew he would score!!!!

Spot on, although I had it down as a hat-trick! 

I wouldn't rule out qpr yet. They have a couple of saleable assets that if cashed in will more than cover a bid for wells and then some. It's down to them if they want to 'trade' like we have been doing. They like us, can't have it all. 

• Like 1

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he stays at Burnley. Think everything relies on the Brownhill saga at our end and whether we can afford NW without exchanging for JB. 

Forest have bought a striker, QPR can’t afford him and nobody else seems to be in the running. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he stays at Burnley. Think everything relies on the Brownhill saga at our end and whether we can afford NW without exchanging for JB. 

Forest have bought a striker, QPR can’t afford him and nobody else seems to be in the running. 

Last minute Vydra on loan then. 

We'll end up with someone from a foreign league who nobody has heard of who will prove to be utter rubbish or we'll end up with someone who will only get the odd few minutes from the subs bench, it's what we do

• Like 1
  • Aubergine 2
  • Rovers 2

17 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

We'll end up with someone from a foreign league who nobody has heard of who will prove to be utter rubbish or we'll end up with someone who will only get the odd few minutes from the subs bench, it's what we do

‘Yawn’

• Aubergine 1

Either Vydra or Wells will be here by end of window Friday. Fact.

Any facts stated on this thread by this poster are purely fictitious and may or may not prove accurate in the future.

17 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!

2 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Ditto. 🙂

Why are you having a conversation with yourself?

No need to answer...this explains it

1 hour ago, Galway Red said:

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Meh said:

Either Vydra or Wells will be here by end of window Friday. Fact.

Any facts stated on this thread by this poster are purely fictitious and may or may not prove accurate in the future.

So you’re ficticiously factuous?

interesting!🤗

10 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

🤔..

😴..

:dunno:

?

What does that mean? I'll have to ask one of my kids, I don't get this Internet stuff and what does it mean when someone displays a marrow/cucumber? 

11 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

What does that mean? I'll have to ask one of my kids, I don't get this Internet stuff and what does it mean when someone displays a marrow/cucumber? 

It's a bit like dogging - they're showing an interest in you and would like you to play with their marrow.cucumber!!  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cheese said:

It's a bit like dogging - they're showing an interest in you and would like you to play with their marrow.cucumber!!  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They can eat my cheese, the mothers

4 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Shouldn't that be seen as a positive? Imagine the scenes on here if we actually had genuine competition for him!!

23 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Yep. Many have said about Weimann's great movement, but he doesn't really make good runs into central areas. He seems to run wide right or sometimes wide left. Starting central and running wide.

This can be very effective. But people saying he can be a main number 9 with someone like Palmer behind him, I just can't see that working. 

He seems to only be happy with the ball in space too. He does not like keeping hold of the ball, especially with his back to play. 

But with his runs, how many times have we seen Weimann go one on one with the goalkeeper like we did Afobe.

People will say he makes the runs, it's our midfielders that don't spot it. 

I don't agree. He doesn't make runs that can get him in one on one's with the goalie at all, or very rarely.

This is exactly why he's a front 3 striker, because the central striker will make those runs into dangerous areas and runs like Weimann makes either pulls a player out of position to make more space in the middle or creates space out wide behind the defence, but this isn't a goalscoring position, it's a penetrative position to create a dangerous cross or cut back.

If we're going to play a front 2 then we need someone that makes the runs that will in turn allow Palmer to shine, Wells could be that player, Afobe was that player before his injury.

• Like 2

Deleted 10 posts. Stop bitching please people and stay on topic. @Robbored any chance you could go fish elsewhere on the forum please, at least until the window is closed. Ta :) 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Deleted 10 posts. Stop bitching please people and stay on topic. @Robbored any chance you could go fish elsewhere on the another forum please, at least until the window is closed. Ta :) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Deleted 10 posts. Stop bitching please people and stay on topic. @Robbored any chance you could go fish elsewhere on the forum please, at least until the window is closed. Ta :) 

There's an obvious solution to his inability to use the correct forum but for some reason no-one wants to put it into action.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Blimey Dolly! Ever since Flint escaped from your wardrobe you've become well 'ard but still polite!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greedo said:

i'm sure there's a spot reserved for him over on gaschat 

I’m banned from Gaschat - are you?