IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

I'd take the £3.5m and Wells for Brownhill, if that's what is on offer. 

At this time I don't think the loss of JB will majorly impact on our form. Even if he stays, he's almost certain to leave in the summer and every poor/average performance he puts in will no doubt lead to "his heads been turned/doesn't want to get injured", even though his form is already quite patchy. I'd much prefer investing that time in someone who will be here at the start of next season.

I agree with @JoeAman08 about JB in a two and that our current three + Morrell should be good enough.

As much as Fam has improved his hold up play in the last 3 months, I think a more intelligent/sharp forward will bring out the best in the players behind them. Fingers crossed Wells is that player.

Will we sell Brownhill for 3.5m and wells or will we sell him for 7 and buy wells for 3.5m  

Surely we’d rather the former as we’d get a better %chunk of future transfers if we put in such a clause. Burnley would presumably prefer the latter. I wonder if teams ever think about this and meet roughly in the middle. 

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Thing with Wells is that he isn't that prolific - never hit 20 in a season and only 7 last season and 10 before that.

I suppose 3.5m isn't extortionate - especially in the January window..

I think you've got your stats a bit mixed up, 2 seasons ago he had 9 appearances in the Prem but didn't score any, he did score 26 one season at Bradford (admittedly in L2). In the Championship this season he's got 13 from 26 appearances so pretty good.

11 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I think you've got your stats a bit mixed up, 2 seasons ago he had 9 appearances in the Prem but didn't score any, he did score 26 one season at Bradford (admittedly in L2). In the Championship this season he's got 13 from 26 appearances so pretty good.

Nope, no mix up.

Stats are accurate as per Transfermarkt. 

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Nope, no mix up.

Stats are accurate as per Transfermarkt. 

Isn't that just league goals mind? Not sure it makes a massive difference but I'm sure he's scored a few cup goals in his career!

Also, I don't think it differentiates between starts/sub appearances.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

As it was made to look like it was from QPR. I don’t get your issue? Assuming you are perfect!  

Sometimes just having the grace to say “oops I ballsed up there by being duped by a wind up on Twitter” looks a lot better than trying to ignore the fact that you were..!

48 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

If Brownhill goes the other way and we receieve 3.5m plus NW, i can't help thinking we are being short changed. 

I'd like 5m plus NW myself.

No chance. Snap their hands off for this. 
We are definitely at the better end of that deal 

4 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Isn't that just league goals mind? Not sure it makes a massive difference but I'm sure he's scored a few cup goals in his career!

Also, I don't think it differentiates between starts/sub appearances.

If I could be arsed I'd break it down - but thats not going to happen.

It is just an illustration which says that Wells is historically not a prolific scorer, thats not to say that he doesn't have a lot more attributes to give to a team.

If he does come here, I'm just saying don't expect a shed load of goals as guaranteed.

20 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Nope, no mix up.

Stats are accurate as per Transfermarkt: 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nahki-wells/leistungsdaten/spieler/173483/plus/0?saison=2017

The 10 goals you quoted for 2 years ago was season 16/17, in 17/18 he only played in the Prem (as shown on Transfermarkt)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nahki-wells/leistungsdaten/spieler/173483/plus/0?saison=2017

3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The 10 goals you quoted for 2 years ago was season 16/17, in 17/18 he only played in the Prem (as shown on Transfermarkt)

I didn't quote 2 years ago, I was alluding to his seasons in the championship as 9 games with no goals in the EPL isn't really relevant.

I also followed that up with another post showing his full stats.

I posted it as an illustration not a bloody thesis.

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

No chance. Snap their hands off for this. 
We are definitely at the better end of that deal 

I'd want a bit more than that to be honest.

Brownhill is obviously seen as being a prem quality player and is still young.

Wells is seen as a championship player and getting on 30.

Both not long left on contract.

In January I'd expect more for Brownhill when taking those things into account.

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I didn't quote 2 years ago, I was alluding to his seasons in the championship as 9 games with no goals in the EPL isn't really relevant.

I also followed that up with another post showing his full stats.

I posted it as an illustration not a bloody thesis.

OK I didn't see your 2nd post it wasn't clear from the original one as it didn't mention Championship only

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'd want a bit more than that to be honest.

Brownhill is obviously seen as being a prem quality player and is still young.

Wells is seen as a championship player and getting on 30.

Both not long left on contract.

In January I'd expect more for Brownhill when taking those things into account.

But we know that Brownhill is valued at £7m. 
Wells was purchased 2 years ago for £5m.

To get Wells plus £3.5m for someone we value at £7m, would be superb. 

As I said, it’s Wells with Bells on. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

But we know that Brownhill is valued at £7m. 
Wells was purchased 2 years ago for £5m.

To get Wells plus £3.5m for someone we value at £7m, would be superb. 

As I said, it’s Wells with Bells on. 

Brownhill is probably worth more now than that isn't he?

The clause is in the summer.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Why would anyone pay more now when they know they can pay £7m in 12 games time? 

Because they probably feel they need him now.

I bet more clubs come in for him for 7 in the summer anyway. So they might be wanting to get him whilst they can.

Also aren't other clubs apparently interested too?

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

People love coming up with the most negative as possible outcome on here. It's almost as if they want that to happen so they can moan about it.

I'm not sure that isn't even remotely the case.

People come up with negative scenarios because we do get beaten to our top targets by other teams on a regular basis. I would love to see Nahki Wells at City but it probably won't happen. It's the hope that kills ya and I hope that somehow we manage to nail this signing somehow.

Archived