Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Banjo Red

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

1 hour ago, leadman said:

Taylor not good enough.

Wells ...mm record is good but never impressed me when playing against us...

Just saying

Oh no, Nakhi Wells has never impressed ‘leadman’ from OTIB. Better call off the deal!

😁

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh no, Nakhi Wells has never impressed ‘leadman’ from OTIB. Better call off the deal!

😁

I'm pretty sure every time he has played against us, all the way back to his Bradford days pur fans have been calling for us to sign him.

18 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Something doesn't add up, if medical was this morning what’s the delay?? Very worried now  

Delaying the announcement for maximum hits online when people are home from work - probably filmed a fancy video to go with it. I predict it’ll be a 8pm or 9pm announcement 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Delaying the announcement for maximum hits online when people are home from work - probably filmed a fancy video to go with it. I predict it’ll be a 8pm or 9pm announcement 

Tomorrow?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Tomorrow?

Could well be tomorrow, think the club would want it sorted ASAP though. If only medical to complete presumably he’d be ready for tonight so fingers crossed something happens over next few hours.

• Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Could well be tomorrow, think the club would want it sorted ASAP though. If only medical to complete presumably he’d be ready for tonight so fingers crossed something happens over next few hours.

Might be dependent on Brownhills medical going the other way

• Like 2

Perhaps they've delayed it so the media team can drive him to Wells to have his picture taken in front of the city's sign 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Charlie0016 said:

Late interest for Brownhill from West Ham may **** it all up 

29 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Brownhill failed medical? 

Two completely different deals and transactions neither will affect the other.....apart maybe for one party being cheesed off

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Perhaps they've delayed it so the media team can drive him to Wells to have his picture taken in front of the city's sign 😂 

Good thinking

23 minutes ago, HayBCFC said:

Got a PM on here from FrozenRobin, he’s let us all down.

#fumin

Has he got a problem with his homework?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Go down the Wells Road, quicker and we can all stop fretting and know this is tied up 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Probably waiting until deadline day, so it doesn’t slip under the radar. 

If he’d sign today, I doubt anyone would have noticed it. 

😂😂

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Photo shoot is taking place in Kudos I heard.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Two completely different deals and transactions neither will affect the other.....apart maybe for one party being cheesed off

You know that ?

46 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Something doesn't add up, if medical was this morning what’s the delay?? Very worried now  

To be honest many of the summer signings were announced after the deal was done 

Kalas and Afobe deals were done with signing videos etc being done the day before they were announced 

Not sure why the club chose to announce the work on the new training ground this afternoon when the work has clearly already been in motion for weeks already 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He’d never get off the sticky floors.

Edited by RobArnold10
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, phantom said:

To be honest many of the summer signings were announced after the deal was done 

Kalas and Afobe deals were done with singing videos etc being done the day before they were announced 

Not sure why the club chose to announce the work on the new training ground this afternoon when the work has clearly already been in motion for weeks already 

I missed the singing videos! Where are they??

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I missed the singing videos! Where are they??

What were they singing? I would of liked to see them sing to.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I'm pretty sure every time he has played against us, all the way back to his Bradford days pur fans have been calling for us to sign him.

In the summer his name was mentioned a few times and responses were overwhelmingly negative....we had our eyes on bigger prizes. This season he has done a good job so opinions change.

2 minutes ago, Charlie0016 said:

Wells has just sent a goodbye message to QPR on Instagram .

Needs to be a goodbye message to Burnley to appease us, doesn't it?! 🤔

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Charlie0016 said:

Did it say that hopefully they won’t have very long to wait until seeing his next goal(s)..?! 

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Charlie0016 said:

So his goodbye message to Burnley will be delayed until next week then, meaning he will say hello to City fans a few days later having already played twice and scored the winner at Loftus Road so as to disguise himself against being shouted at. All makes sense now.🤧

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Won’t happen - the bouncers, it’s rumoured, have been known to beat up strangers

7 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Cut off time would be midday for registration 

Bet he is not announced until after that so conveniently can't feature against QPR

Edited by old_eastender
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Very nice message to QPR though I must say. Very classy.

I suppose if I was about to line up against a club I had just been on loan at, I'd probably write similar. 

I would really like to here the opinions of some of the more tactically aware of the forum contributors,  on what formation and set up they see us playing once Wells joins us..........and sadly Josh leaves us?  Except you Robbered (Just Kiddin) 🙃

13 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I suppose if I was about to line up against a club I had just been on loan at, I'd probably write similar. 

What's to stop us coming to a gentleman's agreement not to play him against QPR that should be enough. 

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

076F223F-7FD4-4A60-BDE0-5119577CFE24.png

It’s a nice message but just hope he can get his head in the right place for Saturday and beyond. Homesick for Bologna and now this. I know City’s just a wage or a stepping stone for these pros but always good to have some in the squad for whom it means more. Either a local or an adopted local like Tom or Scotty.

Edited by Hare Island

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

What's to stop us coming to a gentleman's agreement not to play him against QPR that should be enough. 

We certainly wont be making any agreements with QPR for him not to play because we are not buying Wells off of them, we are buying him off of Burnley. 

We could make an agreement with Wells but considering we have 18 games left, every game is vital, If he doesn't want to play in that game then I'm not sure he is the right fit for us.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pillred said:

Whether you liked a club or not, if you sign a 3 year deal with a club fighting for promotion, you’ll want to play, and you’ll want to win.