Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

Love to see Wells and a fit Afobe upfront.

Question - are we likely to be able to afford to buy Afobe in the summer if Wells does join?

I'm certain that if Benik can prove his fitness, we will still sign him 👍🤞

Afobe and Wells up front has got the makings of a very good front pairing, not forgetting Fam to mix it up a bit

COYRs

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I'm certain that if Benik can prove his fitness, we will still sign him 👍🤞

Afobe and Wells up front has got the makings of a very good front pairing, not forgetting Fam to mix it up a bit

COYRs

I hope so. Plus With Palmer in behind the front 2. Such a strong attacking threat.

17 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Question - are we likely to be able to afford to buy Afobe in the summer if Wells does join?

Surely his bad injury reduces the fee/wage quite considerably? If so, then don't see why we wouldn't sign him! 

Looking at the reactions it looks as if  reddave is the only one against it,

obvously doesn’t want us to progress or make a promotion bid this season.....

Edited by Monkeh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Akira said:

Surely his bad injury reduces the fee/wage quite considerably? If so, then don't see why we wouldn't sign him! 

Wasn''t the loan agreed with a fixed fee also agreed if we wanted to buy him at the end of the season? Sure I saw £3m mentioned. I doubt the fee would change if we wanted to take a punt but I'm sure we could be more creative with his personal terms if necessary. 

1 hour ago, Red Billy said:

So the rumour is gathering steam that Wells is on his way. Who warms the bench to fit him in the team?

Weimann for me. Fam and wells upfront looks exciting to me. For me Fam deserves a run alongside him.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, RonWalker said:

I’ll dig out his stats tomorrow unless someone else has already. Some of his stats are exceptional relative to other Championship strikers this season and QPR fans certainly were impressed by him in the first half of the season.

As I said, just an opinion and obviously he's done very well this season. But buying a 29 year old on the basis of an uptick in stats over half a season isn't a great strategy. As I said; I'm all for signing him as he undoubtedly improves the squad, I just have some preconceptions of him as a player that I probably need to get over!

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

The last signing that Dave wasn't happy about was Bentley, which hasn't worked out too badly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Yes, think we can afford him.

33 minutes ago, Akira said:

Option to buy already agreed at (we think) £2.5-3.0m. Because we paid a big loan fee.

I would think we’d tentatively agreed wages too.

Really hope he makes a full recovery. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

As I said, just an opinion and obviously he's done very well this season. But buying a 29 year old on the basis of an uptick in stats over half a season isn't a great strategy. As I said; I'm all for signing him as he undoubtedly improves the squad, I just have some preconceptions of him as a player that I probably need to get over!

He could be the man to finish those chances we do often bleat about. Every transfer is a gamble but Kid says less than £3m. That’s a snip. 

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

It is if you look at our stats over the second half of the season over the last 3 years, goal scoring becomes a problem and results dry up,

fans normally put this down to not signing a proven striker in the jan window,

which by the looks is what we are doing

also another thing to note strikers hit their prom between 29-31 so in theory we should get the best years out of wells

Edited by Monkeh
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I don’t think Wells is the correct signing and would prefer a younger striker in keeping with our previous transfer dealings. I would go all out for Toney having seen him 3 times this season, but the price being asked is ridiculous but would go for him at the end of the season and arrange a deal involving Sammy. For me this is panic signing and losing Josh for said deal, isn’t worth it. 

Edited by EmissionImpossible
  • Aubergine 1
4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Could we potentially see Brownhill remain here on loan til end of season?

I doubt it. Burnley need midfield cover as Drinkwater went back to Chelsea earlier this month.

If they were going to let us hang on to Josh, surely they would have waited until the summer, when he would be cheaper?

• Like 4

I like our transfer policy but now and again you need to back that up with quality and experience that can have an instant impact. This is one of those signings.

Don't think we could of brought in much better this window.

• Like 7
  • phantom locked and unlocked this topic