Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Banjo Red

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I see his Wikipedia page claims him as the first Bermudan to have played in the Premier League - I thought Shaun Goater was Bermudan?

They are both Bermudian actually :whistle:

But yes, he is and he certainly played in the Premier League. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Please tell me claims he's pulled his hamstring are a wind up 

Surely not, says who? 

I thought they were travelling up today 

Edited by Seneca the Younger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, phantom said:

 

IMG-20200131-WA0011.jpg

Saw it too but tweet deleted.

Would be classic City tho.

 

Edit: could be a photoshop tho. Nahki is spelt incorrect.

Edited by Septic Peg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

“Naki”?

1 hour 39 minutes 😂.......how precise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RedM said:

 Looks like a good finisher if we create the chances, but that has been our downfall over the past couple of years hasn’t it, creating the chances?

 

I think your right.  I will not bash Fam as his improvement this season, particularly off the ball has been massive, but he can be exasperating at times.  Once he has the ball under control, or "Fam Under Control" he can be absolutely devastating. I have said many times, every centre half in the league will not like to play against him. However when his first touch lets him down, we lose possession frequently. This is the reason perhaps we don't create enough. If it just stuck a bit more then we have a platform to build upon and we defo have the midfield guile to unlock defences even with Josh leaving. 

Also when Fam plays up front on his own, or with AW they just seem off sometimes.  Either one will not read the play off the other, and sometimes they play too far apart.  I think NW will give us a different dimension.  Maybe NW will not be a replacement for FD but AW.

Remember when LJ went with Milan Duric and Fam upfront. Two big players which I think LJ likes, but the pair of them moved far too slow.  I think NW will come in and play that Duric role. If they can get that chemistry going we could be onto a winner.  As for AW he could step in and play just behind the front two.  He has the engine for midfield and the brains to control it. In my view he could be pushing Palmer for a starting midfield role.

        Bently

Hunt Williams Baker DaSilva

        Smith

Eliasson Weiman Patterson

  Wells

        Diedhiou

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

I think your right.  I will not bash Fam as his improvement this season, particularly off the ball has been massive, but he can be exasperating at times.  Once he has the ball under control, or "Fam Under Control" he can be absolutely devastating. I have said many times, every centre half in the league will not like to play against him. However when his first touch lets him down, we lose possession frequently. This is the reason perhaps we don't create enough. If it just stuck a bit more then we have a platform to build upon and we defo have the midfield guile to unlock defences even with Josh leaving. 

Also when Fam plays up front on his own, or with AW they just seem off sometimes.  Either one will not read the play off the other, and sometimes they play too far apart.  I think NW will give us a different dimension.  Maybe NW will not be a replacement for FD but AW.

Remember when LJ went with Milan Duric and Fam upfront. Two big players which I think LJ likes, but the pair of them moved far too slow.  I think NW will come in and play that Duric role. If they can get that chemistry going we could be onto a winner.  As for AW he could step in and play just behind the front two.  He has the engine for midfield and the brains to control it. In my view he could be pushing Palmer for a starting midfield role.

        Bently

Hunt Williams Baker DaSilva

        Smith

Eliasson Weiman Patterson

  Wells

        Diedhiou

Akinbyi was the same 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Akinbyi was the same 

Totally.  He needed 4 or 5 guilt edge chances to get one.  I might be on my own here but I still hold him responsible in a large part for our relegation. He should have finished with far more goals than he did.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

Totally.  He needed 4 or 5 guilt edge chances to get one.  I might be on my own here but I still hold him responsible in a large part for our relegation. He should have finished with far more goals than he did.

He got 19 that season I’d blame the complete lack of direction from Davidson as well as bringing benny in above ward for no reason

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He got 19 that season I’d blame the complete lack of direction from Davidson as well as bringing benny in above ward for no reason

I know he got 19, but it should have been more like 29.  I liked Benny (probably in the minority), he wanted to play a particular style, but just didnt have the personnel on the pitch to do it. I credit Benny with turning Jim Brennan into a million pound player.  

Garner over at Moron FC is like Benny 2.0..... which is good to see.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Nahki is a name that will fit well into several songs

Na Na Na (Banarama)

Ra Ra Rasputin (Boney M)

I'm sure there a plenty more.

Woss reckon?  - Nah !

Naaaa na na nana na na, nana na na Nakhi Wells ( to the tune of Hey Jude)

I'll get my coat

  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

Just confused as to why anyone would go out of their way to make such a (personal) observation on a word used, roster is quite clearly a word used throughout the world in various translations I am sure. 

well there is some irony..apparently one thing I do like to do in my life is use the word roster, to which you did think "why bother" but then you did comment.. and you seemed rude

Now I'm confused. Can you explain how my observation was in any way personal? And how I seemed rude? I mean, I know it's subjective, but I did start the post with "No offence"! I might equally have said "Nothing personal, but". That's what I meant. I really can't see how it could be construed as rude. You must be very sensitive!

I am quite sure "roster" is used throughout the world (although your phrase "in various translations" is essentially meaningless) - most of the English-speaking world these days, unfortunately, uses American English as its reference; much as the global Portuguese-speaking world refers to Brazil. Personally, I regret this, although I realise that I am in a minority. None of this forms a logical argument against my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Would imagine Nahki pretty happy to have joined the project bearing in mind today’s loan signings.

Indeed. One thing I think worth noting is there are a few times where we have been in and around the play off places and fans have got frustrated that we haven’t “gone for it”, shown ambition or signed proven Championship players. Don’t think anyone can level that accusation at the club this time round...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Monkeh said:

He got 19 that season I’d blame the complete lack of direction from Davidson as well as bringing benny in above ward for no reason

Well, Ward did say he didn't know what to do. When a manager says that, the writing is pretty much on the wall 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feisty sod isn't he??

Not what I was expecting at all - nice little cameo, apart from the couple of fouls in wide dangerous positions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be honest, he had a negative impact today. But he'll be fine. Good to see there's fire in his belly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chivs said:

Is he any good?  BBC says he missed a sitter with his first touch.

Anything for a bit of drama. Really hard chance to score with a back header and not being far enough out. Nonsense from the BBC

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Anything for a bit of drama. Really hard chance to score with a back header and not being far enough out. Nonsense from the BBC

If it had been the sainted Wayne that missed similar it would have been an extremely difficult chance that he did well to get anything on...…………...……..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liked the look of him. Makes the right runs, lots of little flicks and clearly had the right ideas.

Not want to take anything away from Diedhiou today who was immense, but it made me really curious to see Afobe and Wells together. Think that’ll be a serious partnership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yann (the journo) is a City fan btw.

A typically articulate statement from Warburton, who used to work in finance of course. You would think QPR fans don't need telling given recent history.

But as we know from this very forum there are always those who are unable to understand or just refuse the accept the financial realities of the game.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...