IGNORED

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Banjo Red

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s one part of his overall performance.

He’s done well on this. Credit to MA for delivering the £s too.

Don't get me wrong I like him, hope he succeeds, but he will be evaluated on many things, and done will be weighted higher than others. I’m sure league position is highly weighted.

He is in credit, undoubtedly, but there are aspects of his job where he deserves some criticism. Nowhere near enough imho to say LJ out, but I see why some do. 

LJs flaw if you like is exactly the same as his father - namely dull and uninspiring football, boring in other words. However very few criticised his dad for the same thing..........but now they whinge about LJ serving up the same stuff.........jeez........you really couldn’t make it up.........:cool2:

That said, with LJ I can see what he’s trying to do but isn’t quite there yet but with GJ I had no idea what he was trying to do. I’m willing to stick by LJ  and hope he gets his right sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

The thought of wells playing for us isnt the problem, 4/5 million is a lot for us for any player,, and the chances are that we wont tealise any future profit for him.

thats like someone like brighton paying 40 million for vardy knowing he has no resale value,,, they would love him there but not at any cost

It''s a matter of needs must.......normally we would be unlikely to sign a 29 year old striker, but it's a gamble worth taking in our present situation.  I can understand the rational behind it, and i hope it works out for Nakhi and us?.   COYR ?

7 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

The thought of wells playing for us isnt the problem, 4/5 million is a lot for us for any player,, and the chances are that we wont tealise any future profit for him.

thats like someone like brighton paying 40 million for vardy knowing he has no resale value,,, they would love him there but not at any cost

He will improve us, quality costs.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

LJs flaw if you like is exactly the same as his father - namely dull and uninspiring football, boring in other words. However very few criticised his dad for the same thing..........but now they whinge about LJ serving up the same stuff.........jeez........you really couldn’t make it up.........:cool2:

That said, with LJ I can see what he’s trying to do but isn’t quite there yet but with GJ I had no idea what he was trying to do. I’m willing to stick by LJ  and hope he gets his right sooner rather than later.

I thought we played some pretty inspiring football in 2006/2008.  It certainly inspired me.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

image.png

16 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I know it’s not exactly comparable but in Alex Ferguson’s final yeah at Old Trafford he broke his own transfer policy in signing 29 year old Van Persie because he knew he was the missing piece to win the league.
Maybe Wells will be the missing piece to push us into the top 6 come the last day of the season. 

1 hour ago, keflav said:

wont bring anyone else in after Wells, will rely on Afobe being back at some point !

And what if in the meantime Fammy, Wells or Weimann gets injured? Again we are then short. I'm pretty sure LJ himself said we need two strikers?

Taylor is now match fit, if we dont bring another in then I can see nothing wrong with bringing Taylor back to provide that cover. He might not like it but tough luck, until the summer he is our player and if we require cover then so be it.

5 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Hes about as good a signing to come in and hit the ground as we could expect to make, just a shame hes not 3 years younger

He's 29 bloody 29, that's 4 years younger than Jamie Vardy, he has at least 3 years as a top striker probably more of course it would be great if he was 26 but then we probably wouldn't have been able to afford him.

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

And what if in the meantime Fammy, Wells or Weimann gets injured? Again we are then short. I'm pretty sure LJ himself said we need two strikers?

Taylor is now match fit, if we dont bring another in then I can see nothing wrong with bringing Taylor back to provide that cover. He might not like it but tough luck, until the summer he is our player and if we require cover then so be it.

Taylor is not coming back, he doesn’t want to come back and city will not recall him 

20 minutes ago, chinapig said:

My point was more to with the club's strategy and the fact that a fan of another club recognises its value when some of ours don't.

Having said that, it requires a Head Coach who can work with the strategy, accepting that he has to keep making progress on the pitch while regularly losing his best players. The kind of big name managers some of our fans crave are not likely to accept the restrictions.

He has things he can do better but overall I think LJ has done ok in the circumstances.

The great thing is apart from Webster and Reid the others we have done quite well without, we have replaced them well. 

19 minutes ago, chinapig said:

My point was more to with the club's strategy and the fact that a fan of another club recognises its value when some of ours don't.

Having said that, it requires a Head Coach who can work with the strategy, accepting that he has to keep making progress on the pitch while regularly losing his best players. The kind of big name managers some of our fans crave are not likely to accept the restrictions.

He has things he can do better but overall I think LJ has done ok in the circumstances.

An excellent post chinapig - absolutely spot on and the thing he can do better is try to play more attractive football.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Nothing against MT but I don't want to see him play for us again. He's old news and we've moved onto better things and improved players 

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So, i guess you werent that keen on Gary Johnson then? ?

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Yet just like Wells, if we wish to recall him then he cant do **** all about it, his wishes are irrelevant, we are his parent club, we pay his contract. 

We don’t want to recall him though Taylor won’t play for city again

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

Nothing against MT but I don't want to see him play for us again. He's old news and we've moved onto better things and improved players 

I'd rather not also, but we have an excellent chance of finishing in the top 6, I'd rather we had any injury crisis covered by having him back here considering our bad luck with injuries. 

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Whilst I agree we could do with 2 in, we have been most of the season with 2 strikers and backup in Semenyo etc. and don't see that changing with the potential of Afobe Coming back in a month or 2... really don't see anymore strikers coming if Wells indeed signs, Taylor will stay at Oxford as likely he will go there at end of season and will not want to come back to sit on the bench in case someone gets injured!  

Think from the players we have been linked with today once striker in priority is elsewhere...

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

An excellent post chinapig - absolutely spot on and the thing he can do better is try to play more attractive football.

Actually, the thing I thought he needed to do most was to improve our defensive record. There are signs that may be happening.

Archived