Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

47 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

If Taylor and Semenyo each made 10 sub appearances between now and the end of the season, I'd bet my house and all my savings that Taylor would get more goals, assists and win us points than Semenyo. 

I think you're right. But only if you're thinking about results in the here and now, living just for today, making the play-offs at the end of the season being the be all and end all.

However our manager isn't living just for today. Part of his job description is to also have an eye on the future as well as success in the here and now.

The calculation he made at the start of the seaspn was that Semenyo could do what Taylor has done previously whilst at the same time developing and maturing into a much better player, one we might be able to sell for a profit further down the line.

Unfortunately that calculation has proved incorrect - just one of several factors that has made us weaker overall this season.

Taking everything into consideration, our league position is remarkable - something I have to accept, even though I'm bored witless by our style of play nearly every home game.     

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
6 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Getting worried. I thought Wells would be announced by now. 

Did you not pay attention to the summer window when we announce pretty much everyone between 7 and 9pm

• Like 1
1 minute ago, redrob said:

I could also change Wikipedia to show Salah, Mane and Van Dijk as being City players if it gets you that excited? 

Not a good start to your otib trying to cross swords with me, wouldn't bother trying to be clever with me as you will learn.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Aubergine 4
  • Hedgehog 1
  • Rovers 2
  • Snake 1
5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Did you not pay attention to the summer window when we announce pretty much everyone between 7 and 9pm

Clearly not. It's winter and dark  now so would have thought it might be a bit earlier. The longer it lasts until announced the bigger the concern.

3 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Clearly not. It's winter and dark  now so would have thought it might be a bit earlier. The longer it lasts until announced the bigger the concern.

That doesn’t mean anything even during the summer, the interviews were done around 3, we didn’t release them u til 9

46 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

To add to the discussion of his age, strikers tend to not hit their prime until after their mid 20s. It is why people still try and sign players like Giroud, Ibrahimovic and Dzeko. Wells is at the top of his game and proven in our division. No we won’t make any money in a future transfer but at the same time there probably won’t be a huge queue for him if he scores 12 goals for us the rest of the season. Signing young players is admirable but there are parts of the pitch where the best players tend to be in their late 20s. 

Spot on. Look no further than Jamie Vardy.

• Like 1
  • phantom locked and unlocked this topic