Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

1 minute ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Not straight away. Be harsh on Weimann, and while we are winning , need to keep our shape as it is. Expect Wells to feature from the bench until an obvious place in the side presents itself.

Why would it be harsh, he’s not a good enough finisher to keep wells out the side.

• Confused 2
1 minute ago, RedDave said:

They aren’t similar players. How will it work with Fam and Wells?

Fam and wells can’t be any worse than fam and weimann as a 2, not a lot of chemistry between the pair. Paterson out wide those 2 up front seems obvious to me.

6 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Ummm the fact that he’s not QPRs player perhaps 

I'm well aware of that, it was just if it was making him hesitate to sign out of a sense of loyalty to QPR, though I know that sounds daft and we probably wouldn't do that.

Edited by pillred
Add word
11 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

Whether you liked a club or not, if you sign a 3 year deal with a club fighting for promotion, you’ll want to play, and you’ll want to win. 

Plus any bonuses for play-offs / promotion, or agreement for pay-rise in summer, etc, etc.

I think he’s a player with a very competitive edge, and he’d wanna score a hatrick against a cubs football team if he could.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Plus any bonuses for play-offs / promotion, or agreement for pay-rise in summer, etc, etc.

I think he’s a player with a very competitive edge, and he’d wanna score a hatrick against a cubs football team if he could.

Let's hope he signs then.

7 minutes ago, pillred said:

I'm well aware of that, it was just if it was making him hesitate to sign out of a sense of loyalty to QPR, though I know that sounds daft and we probably wouldn't do that.

Yeah you’re right, we wouldn’t. And why should we? 

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Just back from the gate where involved with a group session, we were not allowed into the concourse like we normally do, due to signings being made and was also told Wells was in the coffee shop earlier ...so waiting the announcement

Signings????? How many Nahkis are we bringing in?

Edited by Loco Rojo
2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Just back from the gate where involved with a group session, we were not allowed into the concourse like we normally do, due to signings being made and was also told Wells was in the coffee shop earlier ...so waiting the announcement

Americano or cappuccino?

12 minutes ago, Hocca said:

Fam and wells can’t be any worse than fam and weimann as a 2, not a lot of chemistry between the pair. Paterson out wide those 2 up front seems obvious to me.

Wells plays on the shoulder so Fam is coming short is he? Not a massive strength of his due to his first touch. 

6 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I smell sh1t, how you showered since you got back?

thanks for the update, signings sound interesting 

41 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I would really like to here the opinions of some of the more tactically aware of the forum contributors,  on what formation and set up they see us playing once Wells joins us..........and sadly Josh leaves us?  Except you Robbered (Just Kiddin) 🙃

He's a poacher. In my eyes that's very good because to get the best out of him it'll mean counter attacks, through balls and crosses. In theory it should make for exciting football.

He's not huge so no point lumping it up to him and hoping it sticks. Could work really well with Diedhiou or even Weimann.

I think Weimann has often played here with players who aren't always on his wavelength, Wells has good attacking movement and I think the pair of them could play really well together.

Like Afobe, Wells has the type of movement to bring the best out of Kasey Palmer too.

He is a good signing, not only because he will do well here, but he will be good for us fans as it'll force us to play more attractive attacking football to bring the best out of him. 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

LJs flaw if you like is exactly the same as his father - namely dull and uninspiring football, boring in other words. However very few criticised his dad for the same thing..........but now they whinge about LJ serving up the same stuff.........jeez........you really couldn’t make it up.........:cool2:

That said, with LJ I can see what he’s trying to do but isn’t quite there yet but with GJ I had no idea what he was trying to do. I’m willing to stick by LJ  and hope he gets his right sooner rather than later.

LJ has T times had us playing some of the best football I’ve seen by a City team. The first half of that semi final cup run season we were brilliant. We even stood toe to toe with the best club in the country at the time and held our own, whilst playing football.

its not been great lately but it’s nonsense to say his style is dull and uninspiring

• Like 4
47 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I would really like to here the opinions of some of the more tactically aware of the forum contributors,  on what formation and set up they see us playing once Wells joins us..........and sadly Josh leaves us?  Except you Robbered (Just Kiddin) 🙃

Has he signed then.

He's going to love all of Eliasson's balls in to the box, if not necessarily that first ball that goes in (including those shit hot corners he delivers time and time again)

NE's delivery is seldom dealt with straight off even if it is only half cleared, so could be interesting to have a finisher by trade at BCFC.

I'm pretty excited about this guy's arrival to be honest.

Edited by AppyDAZE
19 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

He was as I said earlier mate, got a mate who works in there. :laugh:

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

LJ has T times had us playing some of the best football I’ve seen by a City team. The first half of that semi final cup run season we were brilliant. We even stood toe to toe with the best club in the country at the time and held our own, whilst playing football.

its not been great lately but it’s nonsense to say his style is dull and uninspiring

Agree. I've never seen football like it down here.

Weird thing is we had 4 big stoppers with no technical ability at the back. Yet we passed the ball superbly.

It was mainly down to the pressing. And when we won it back in the final third we would then see the great passing and movement.

That's why style of football can be as important as results. We didn't end up making playoffs but the football we played I will never forget.

• phantom locked and unlocked this topic