Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Banjo Red

Nahki Wells - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, pride of the west said:

Nixon been saying all day that he's already been recalled and burnley gave him and QPR the option to include him in tonight's squad if they wanted to.

Personally I think he's off to forest. 

Not sure they've got the money tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Not sure they've got the money tbh.

They will have if they end up selling Matty Cash to West Ham, as looks possible.

In fact they won't have Cash but they will have cash.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

The thing with this “Wells doesn’t want to leave QPR” stuff, is that he’s a professional footballer.

I doubt that he grew up dreaming of playing for Bristol City, or Huddersfield for that matter.

However, he’ll play and do his best where there are 3 things: Money, playing time and a chance of playing at a high level. We can offer that at the moment. So can Forest. QPR seem to be held back on the money bit.

There’s no doubt he’s happy at QPR and he probably doesn’t want to leave. But that doesn’t mean he won’t and it doesn’t mean he won’t do well here. He may well settle just as well and really enjoy it, similar to Afobe. We’ve got a decent bunch of players who will help him integrate and he’ll be a big name player for us straightaway.

I always remember Jon Stead at times like this. He turned us down once due to money. Ended up signing and becoming a fan’s favourite for a while. I think Wells will end up the same.

 

Stead was a trier who endeared himself to the fans as much with his personality as his exploits on the pitch.

His record for City wasn't great - 1 goal every 4 apps. and he was even dropped on occasions.

We're going to need Wells to be far more consistent goalscorer than Stead if he signs; if he is then no doubt he'll be happy in his work at AG and popularity with the fans will take care of itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chinapig said:

They will have if they end up selling Matty Cash to West Ham, as looks possible.

In fact they won't have Cash but they will have cash.

And Forest will still have the Lolley.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

I’m struggling to think that we would be Wells’ first choice over forest! 

I think we have a lot to offer and feel we must give a decent pitch; we have after all recruited the talents of Palmer, Kalas, Dasilva, Massengo, Nagy etc.

Attractive city, great people.

I think it will come down to whether we are prepared to pay a bit over the odds or favour them a bit more on a Brownhill swap deal and maybe pay a K or 2 more a week than we ideally wanted too.

I fear he will go to Forest also but more because we will baulk at the price than the player would actually prefer Forest.

  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forest it is then 🙄

 

Burnley boss Sean Dyche has confirmed striker Nahki Wells could switch Championship clubs this month.

Sky Sports News reported this week that Nottingham Forest and Bristol City have both made an approach to sign Wells, who is currently on loan at QPR, on a permanent deal.

 

Dyche says he is in talks with Hoops boss Mark Warburton and the Clarets could recall the player with a view to selling him on, leaving the Rs with little choice but to also put a permanent offer on the table.


ENGLISH FA CUP SAT 25, 12:45
 
 
PRICE BOOST
Brentford v Leicester
 
 
 
PRICE BOOSTprice-boost.svg
LEICESTER TO HAVE A SHOT ON TARGET BETWEEN 00:00-14:59 (WAS 1/2)
 
 
NOW 1/1
BET HERE
PRICE BOOSTprice-boost.svg
KELECHI IHEANACHO TO SCORE FIRST
 
 
WAS 13/5
NOW 9/2
BET HERE
PRICE BOOSTprice-boost.svg
OLLIE WATKINS TO SCORE FIRST
 
 
WAS 6/1
NOW 13/2
BET HERE
PRICE BOOSTprice-boost.svg
LEICESTER TO WIN 2-1
 
 
WAS 15/2
NOW 8/1
BET HERE
PRICE BOOSTprice-boost.svg
HARVEY BARNES TO SCORE FIRST AND EITHER LEICESTER TO WIN 2-0 OR LEICESTER TO WIN 3-1
 
 
NOW 50/1
BET HERE
PRICE BOOSTprice-boost.svg
BRENTFORD TO WIN 3-1
 
 
WAS 50/1
NOW 66/1
BET HERE
PRICE BOOSTprice-boost.svg
SAID BENRAHMA TO SCORE FIRST AND BRENTFORD TO WIN 2-1
 
 
NOW 125/1
BET HERE
 
 
 

SK.svg
 

powered-by-oc.png gamble-aware.png

 
 

"We have the ability to get him back here," Dyche confirmed. "I've spoken to Mark Warburton and let him know the different options there are.

"Over the last few days there has been a lot of interest in him. Rightly so. He's scoring goals in the Championship.

Nahki Wells is currently on loan at QPR
 
Nahki Wells is currently on loan at QPR

 

3921F475-1754-4305-A3F1-30099FEF7CDB.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFS this is ******* Nketiah all over again, lets all face the fact this will not happen and get over it....

we all need to face it we will not be brining in a striker we need in this window at least not any of the "proven" championship strikers... in fact I will be amazed if will bring anyone in at all leading to the inevitable "its tough to bring players in in this window, we will have players coming back and they will be like new players for us blah blah blah" Bollocks....

Lets just all enjoy a weekend of no stress and relax... 

Edited by keflav
  • Like 1
  • Aubergine 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, keflav said:

FFS this is ******* Nketiah all over again, lets all face the fact this will not happen and get over it....

we all need to face it we will not be brining in a striker we need in this window at least not any of the "proven" championship strikers... in fact I will be amazed if will bring anyone in at all leading to the inevitable "its tough to bring players in in this window, we will have players coming back and they will be like new players for us blah blah blah" Bollocks....

Lets just all enjoy a weekend of no stress and relax... 

Bet you’re fun at parties

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Aubergine 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all the forwards rumoured to be moving hardly any have moved. Toney,  Wells, Woodrow, Nketiah, Wickham and Taylor. It's not just us having issues bringing in forwards. 

I don't want us paying over the odds for a player who doesn't really want to play for us.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, keflav said:

FFS this is ******* Nketiah all over again, lets all face the fact this will not happen and get over it....

we all need to face it we will not be brining in a striker we need in this window at least not any of the "proven" championship strikers... in fact I will be amazed if will bring anyone in at all leading to the inevitable "its tough to bring players in in this window, we will have players coming back and they will be like new players for us blah blah blah" Bollocks....

Lets just all enjoy a weekend of no stress and relax... 

So it’s easy is it? Come on then, rattle off a half dozen names then that we could sign tomorrow. 

Then explain how we fund their signing and fit them into our wage structure. 
I won’t hold my breath.
 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

I think we’ll miss out on Wells and he will sign for forest, unless QPR can keep him permanently. 
 

May as well bring Peter Beadle back at this rate. 

Surely the fact that Burnley have tabled a bid for Brownhill must be in our favour, you would have thought MA would be saying "ok you can have Brownhill, just give us Wells + £3m" (it's been said Burnley value Wells at £4m). Now, of course, Brownhill and Wells would have to agree personal terms, but still think Burnley's interest in Brownhill must give us an advantage over Forest.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So it’s easy is it? Come on then, rattle off a half dozen names then that we could sign tomorrow. 

Then explain how we fund their signing and fit them into our wage structure. 
I won’t hold my breath.
 

Did I say it was not tough to sign anyone, I think you will find I said we won't sign anyone let alone wells... 

38 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Bet you’re fun at parties

 

Too bloody right i am...😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, keflav said:

Did I say it was not tough to sign anyone, I think you will find I said we won't sign anyone let alone wells... 

Your wording around what the club will say if they don’t sign players, suggested that you see it as an unacceptable excuse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Surely the fact that Burnley have tabled a bid for Brownhill must be in our favour, you would have thought MA would be saying "ok you can have Brownhill, just give us Wells + £3m" (it's been said Burnley value Wells at £4m). Now, of course, Brownhill and Wells would have to agree personal terms, but still think Burnley's interest in Brownhill must give us an advantage over Forest.

Have they tabled a bid though? There is rumored interest and it might play a part in any negotiations on Wells. But I don’t think they have bid so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of him and Toney and I would be happy. Don’t really mind which one. Toney a bigger fee but also younger and could be a player with the upwards trajectory of an Andre Gray or Watkins with resale value to match. Wells as nailed on a Championship performer as you can get.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

One of him and Toney and I would be happy. Don’t really mind which one. Toney a bigger fee but also younger and could be a player with the upwards trajectory of an Andre Gray or Watkins with resale value to match. Wells as nailed on a Championship performer as you can get.

Both would be good..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lets hope they get him down here with a tour of the city and a luxurious apartment overlooking the marina to look at pronto to show him it isn't a bad place to live. don't know what Nottingham is like, only went to notts c once and cant remember much of the day except the poor ground and seeing into forests stand on the way out.there is more to a life than money surely in a footballers mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are front runners for his signature as from what I've heard we are his preferred destination. 

Just now, The hand of RO'D said:

We are front runners for his signature as from what I've heard we are his preferred destination. 

If he was to move of course....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red white and red said:

I think we’ll miss out on Wells and he will sign for forest, unless QPR can keep him permanently. 
 

May as well bring Peter Beadle back at this rate. 

Or Dobbie. Dig the poor little ****er up out of the sand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Surely the fact that Burnley have tabled a bid for Brownhill must be in our favour, you would have thought MA would be saying "ok you can have Brownhill, just give us Wells + £3m" (it's been said Burnley value Wells at £4m). Now, of course, Brownhill and Wells would have to agree personal terms, but still think Burnley's interest in Brownhill must give us an advantage over Forest.

Maybe Burnley need to test Wells' market value before they can negotiate with us. Ie Forest bid tells them how much equity they bring to the Brownhill negotiations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What a legend...GOAT.  What a great recommendation he’s given us.

Yep.

Heed the Goat Mr. Wells.

 

  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

lets hope they get him down here with a tour of the city and a luxurious apartment overlooking the marina to look at pronto to show him it isn't a bad place to live. don't know what Nottingham is like, only went to notts c once and cant remember much of the day except the poor ground and seeing into forests stand on the way out.there is more to a life than money surely in a footballers mind

Get Famara to show him round Loxton Square.

Edited by Hare Island
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Meh said:

I think we have a lot to offer and feel we must give a decent pitch; we have after all recruited the talents of Palmer, Kalas, Dasilva, Massengo, Nagy etc.

Attractive city, great people.

I think it will come down to whether we are prepared to pay a bit over the odds or favour them a bit more on a Brownhill swap deal and maybe pay a K or 2 more a week than we ideally wanted too.

I fear he will go to Forest also but more because we will baulk at the price than the player would actually prefer Forest.

And don't forget we have  Lee Johnson.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

"Talks" means nothing though. We can get as far as medicals  and even announcements on the selling clubs website, and still not get it over the line!!

As with Aston Villa and our Joe, it is not just us, it is what happens in the bonkers football market

 

The good news is that all the ifs and maybes will be sorted one way or the other this week, so just a little more patience needed...................plus six points from Reading and QPR

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HayBCFC said:

My “opinion” on this is that Wells may not be the Burnley striker we’re set on and it may be being used as a smoke screen.

Vydra or Wells would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Vydra or Wells would be great.

Well we wanted two strikers didn't we....? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

The thing with this “Wells doesn’t want to leave QPR” stuff, is that he’s a professional footballer.

I doubt that he grew up dreaming of playing for Bristol City, or Huddersfield for that matter.

However, he’ll play and do his best where there are 3 things: Money, playing time and a chance of playing at a high level. We can offer that at the moment. So can Forest. QPR seem to be held back on the money bit.

There’s no doubt he’s happy at QPR and he probably doesn’t want to leave. But that doesn’t mean he won’t and it doesn’t mean he won’t do well here. He may well settle just as well and really enjoy it, similar to Afobe. We’ve got a decent bunch of players who will help him integrate and he’ll be a big name player for us straightaway.

I always remember Jon Stead at times like this. He turned us down once due to money. Ended up signing and becoming a fan’s favourite for a while. I think Wells will end up the same.

 

The thing is he doesn't actually have a choice of staying on loan at QPR. If Burnley want to recall him then there is nothing he can do to stop that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Red white and red said:

May as well bring Peter Beadle back at this rate.

Keep it to yourself, otherwise Leeds will be in for him.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, mozo said:

Well we wanted two strikers didn't we....? 😉

Get Vydra and Wells in with JB part of the trade, sell Fam and recall Matty. Solid front line. This transfer lark is easy, go on SL "Gis a job"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, FrozenRobin said:

QPR seem the biggest threat to this deal NOT happening. They have already got to know the player as well, might just swing it for them.

ITK has spoken 

Close the thread

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Seems Forest have signed a striker from Strasbourg;

Forest meanwhile, have agreed a 3-and-a-half-year contract with Cape Verde striker Nuno da Costa, say France Football.

The Reds will pay around €2m for the 28-year-old striker, currently playing for Strasbourg.

How come we haven't been linked with this guy? Gregor out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HayBCFC said:

My “opinion” on this is that Wells may not be the Burnley striker we’re set on and it may be being used as a smoke screen.

https://twitter.com/geemacgee/status/1221124887697293319?s=21

Cat’s out the bag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gregors just tweeted: 

Sean Dyche has again confirmed that no decision has been made on Nahki Wells yet, following his side’s loss to Norwich today. Robins remain in talks with Burnley regarding several players #BristolCity
 
Lets hope he doesn't do an Arsenal and keep Wells at Burnley at the last minute
Several players could that mean Vydra as well or maybe its just Brownhill ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...