IGNORED

JET (Woo-ooh-ooh-ooh)

Silvio Dante

27 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

1 in 4 is still higher than a majority of our players at the moment, he was a joy to watch, 16 goals in one season for us, a perfect hat-trick at Carlisle, a goal never to forget against the gas and moments of sheer magic, you carry on having wet dreams about the likes of Skuse and Pack, give me the likes of Jet, Tomlin and Trundle any time 

Have I had wet dreams about Skuse and Pack?!  
Weird comment 

Just the sort of creative player who can unlock a game with a moment of magic we need now, 

He was great for us, one of the few players I have ever seen who I wanted the ball to go to so could see what would happen, he was genuinely exciting to watch which is what football is all about I think

He was brilliant at times in league one against much inferior opposition.

His fitness levels were shocking. I remember a game he came on for 10 mins to see game out and he sprinted once and looked absolutely knackered and then strolled around for rest of the game.

I don't think lazy is a fair criticism of JET. He carried all his weight in his shoulders and his endomorphic frame didn't lend him to sprinting. A lower centre of gravity and a different body type would've made him unplayable.

For those of you who don’t like the Bristol Post site, me included as I Googled instead. JET is having a trial with Cheltenham, possibly to just build his fitness after a spell in Thailand. Google tells me that he turned 29 just after Christmas. 

I cant imagine Cheltenham is much of a social hot spot for him, quite a weird choice of clubs unless beggars can’t be choosers. But he should be getting better offers than Cheltenham or Thailand at his age with his experience.

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He was one of my favourite players to watch at City of all time. Has tremendous talent - Premier League talent in my opinion. 

Trouble with players like him is that you almost have to build the entire team around him to get the best out of him. When he was on form under SO'D he looked absolutely fantastic. 

Whether it's lack of application or his body just struggles with an endurance sport I'm not sure, but I feel he's really wasted his huge talent.

Good luck to him at Cheltenham, under the right manager and if he's completely fit he will tear it up for them.

Build the team around JET and you're going down

12 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I don't think lazy is a fair criticism of JET. He carried all his weight in his shoulders and his endomorphic frame didn't lend him to sprinting. A lower centre of gravity and a different body type would've made him unplayable.

But then he might lack strength which was probably his biggest asset to go with his touch and skills.

He used his frame to keep players off whilst dribbling.

14 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Yep I’ve also thought this before. Weirdly Diedhiou also plays like a smaller player. I think a lean 11st 6ft” JET would be amazing.

7 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Incredible player - probably  the most gifted in terms of natural ability I've seen in my 30 odd years. 

Problem was he wasn't interested in doing much more than the bare minimum with his career - if he actually tried it would be frightening. 

Enjoys the lifestyle and relative wealth - always has done. Constantly promoting club nights and hanging around with East London/Essex celebs such as Anthony Yarde, the rapper Chipmunk and others.

Wenger rated him hugely as a youngster at Arsenal, easy to see why.

15 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Its a body shape that does not suit football. The worst. Endomorphs can be suited to sprinting (its anaerobic activity) but frequently not suit endurance activities and post explosive movements have poor recovery times.

An alternative view can be is that he did well and reached his ceiling.

11 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Incredible player - probably  the most gifted in terms of natural ability I've seen in my 30 odd years. 

Problem was he wasn't interested in doing much more than the bare minimum with his career - if he actually tried it would be frightening. 

There is no football gene that leads to being naturally gifted. Its not a gift. Skill is created by practice and practice only. This player would have practiced more to gain his level of skill. He did not come out of the womb a skilful footballer.

Your average human cant do fifty kick ups because they do not try to. 

For me, an absolutely wonderful player. I loved watching how he would just glide past players like he was just playing "off the cuff". Which, I would imagine is how he goes through life.

So talented and with a unique penalty action, just brilliant. I was never quite sure whether he was taking the mickey out of the keeper with that oh so slow walk up.

I take great satisfaction that he was a success here and I'd certainly have him up there with Trunds & Jacki.

I always make 2 points about Jay:

1) never disrupted the team in 14/15, despite being on the bench most of it.  When we needed him, he came in and did a job

2) as he got older I think his body was such that it got harder for him to keep up the demands of a pro footballer.  He was a big old unit, broad shoulders, almost an upside down triangle.  No fat on him, just a big old body to sprint around a football pitch.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What a player - watching that I realise how deadly he was cutting in from either wing, also has this strange ability to score placed shots from reasonable range.

He was very good at that level, he'd probably still get you 10+ a season now.  Be very surprised if Cheltenham don't sign him up unless he prices himself out of it. 

5 hours ago, RedDave said:

You called him a brilliant player for us. That’s overrating him so thanks for proving my point!

Just to add a some facts or statistical evidence to refute this awful shout. 

https://fbref.com/en/players/b5f1c3c8/Jay-Emmanuel-Thomas

He had a goal or assist ration of 0.96 per 90 minutes played in our league winning side and in the season he kept us up with Baldock he had two goals or assists for every three games played.

JET was a prolific goalscorer or goal creator in his time here. He did something literally every game. 

As someone else alluded to earlier, I don't remember the last time Weimman did anything. Yet he's lauded by most. 

JET was a star here. 

Archived