IGNORED

Man Utd charged with failing to control their players

fanjita

Absolutely correct too in my opinion, the way that their players surrounded the referee ( in particular De Gea ) following the eventuality disallowed goal was appalling, no respect at all for the referee.

How many times have I heard about how we can learn from rugby, this was a classic case, never would you see that on a rugby field.

3 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Absolutely correct too in my opinion, the way that their players surrounded the referee ( in particular De Gea ) following the eventuality disallowed goal was appalling, no respect at all for the referee.

How many times have I heard about how we can learn from rugby, this was a classic case, never would you see that on a rugby field.

Totally agree . Reminded me of Barcelona 

19 minutes ago, fanjita said:

You should post that here,

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=anbp55a1kolph0g892e27odbdc&board=2.0

At the end of the day, Liverpool players would have done exactly the same. Dont kid yourself that they wouldnt.

10 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Reaction was over the top, but goal was disallowed and all bookings arguing over it stood.

Why should bookings stand if the goal was disallowed.

The goal should have stood in any case.  All Van Dijk did was jump to head the ball.

I still think the rugby way is right - nobody is allowed to address the ref but the captain.

2 minutes ago, LegalEagle said:

Because feeling justified is no excuse to manhandle and intimidate officials so that would send completely the wrong message. 

I agree, but if ref was proved wrong as goal was overruled you could say Man Utd were justified in there complaints and bookings shouldn’t stand.

Just seems wrong that you could be sent off for a 2nd booking over something that would be reversed.

9 minutes ago, Nibor said:

The goal should have stood in any case.  All Van Dijk did was jump to head the ball.

I still think the rugby way is right - nobody is allowed to address the ref but the captain.

Most probably should of but VAR said it was a foul so ref was wrong. 
Personally wasn’t clear and obvious and if you see some of the goals given, Everton v Man Utd not sure how it was disallowed.

This is where VAR is a problem someone at Stockley Park thinks it’s a foul and that’s it. Ref should of looked at pitch side  monitor and made his own decision, to easy as a ref to hand the blame to others.

When goals are given when handball in build up, Van Dijk v Wolves,  think was wolves against Southampton Saturday and some not given Rice West Ham. You wonder what they think at Stockley Park and why don’t they apply same rules to everyone.

20 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Difference with rugby is the captain will always be near to the ref because of the nature of the game. Where’s if a captain is the keeper he can’t be near the ref all 90 minutes. Just make it so you cannot shout or swear at a ref or you’re instantly booked, simple! 

I remember reading that allegedly production companies have asked the PL about mic’ing up referees during the game but the league have said no as they’re worried about the levels of abuse. 

3 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Most probably should of but VAR said it was a foul so ref was wrong. 
Personally wasn’t clear and obvious and if you see some of the goals given, Everton v Man Utd not sure how it was disallowed.

This is where VAR is a problem someone at Stockley Park thinks it’s a foul and that’s it. Ref should of looked at pitch side  monitor and made his own decision, to easy as a ref to hand the blame to others.

When goals are given when handball in build up, Van Dijk v Wolves,  think was wolves against Southampton Saturday and some not given Rice West Ham. You wonder what they think at Stockley Park and why don’t they apply same rules to everyone.

I agree it would be better if the ref used the screen, should always be the on the field ref's final decision.  I think VAR should only intervene when there's a serious off the ball incident the ref completely missed, otherwise it should be there for them to consult only.

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Difference with rugby is the captain will always be near to the ref because of the nature of the game. Where’s if a captain is the keeper he can’t be near the ref all 90 minutes. Just make it so you cannot shout or swear at a ref or you’re instantly booked, simple! 

I remember reading that allegedly production companies have asked the PL about mic’ing up referees during the game but the league have said no as they’re worried about the levels of abuse. 

This doesn't really matter because players have no need to talk to the ref.  I'm not suggesting the ref can't talk to the players.  I'd just book anybody who addresses the ref directly and isn't the captain.

3 minutes ago, Nibor said:

This doesn't really matter because players have no need to talk to the ref.  I'm not suggesting the ref can't talk to the players.  I'd just book anybody who addresses the ref directly and isn't the captain.

Gotcha. Just could be a tad awkward if ref needs to have a word but is on opposite end of the pitch to the captain. 

It needs a referee with a backbone to apply the laws of the game.  If a player approaches him with aggression that's dissent.  Book him.  If you end up with 3 players sent off then that's not the referees fault and they'll soon bloody learn.  The same with time wasting.  Time wasting is time wasting.  Doesn't matter if it's in the 94th minute or the 4th minute.  Book someone for it early and send a message out.  Unfortunately referees don't do that.  You'd soon see crap like this stop when teams start losing players and money through fines etc.

15 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Even more reason to mic them up! I'm sure the embarrassment to the club would be worth it.

• The title was changed to Man Utd charged with failing to control their players
49 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I agree, but if ref was proved wrong as goal was overruled you could say Man Utd were justified in there complaints and bookings shouldn’t stand.

Just seems wrong that you could be sent off for a 2nd booking over something that would be reversed.

They did not get booked for contesting the goal, they got booked for the way they contested the goal. Regardless of the context and whether they were proven right or wrong, they still surrounded the ref and acted in the way that they did.

55 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I agree with the first part, but players being allowed to address the ref is important - it's about the way you ask that isn't punished enough if you ask me. You should be able to ask specifically why a foul has been given against you, but when players take it over the top like De Gea did screaming at the ref, i'd like to see an alteration to the dissent rules that make it a straight red.

47 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Back to Rugby but couldn't you borrow the citation model that they have. I believe every game is reviewed and post-math cards can be handed out. Perhaps combine it with a version of the demerit system that Cricket uses. Jos Buttler (the little Wedmore god) recently caught calling Philander a "ducking bobhead" on mic. He was given a demerit point post-match for it rather than an in-match sanction. If he collects four demerits over a certain period (iirc two years on a rolling basis) then he gets a one match ban (iirc). takes the pressure of the officials to come up with a quick sanction during the game, but still has the potential to punish repeat offenders.

So you could have each game reviewed post-match. Anything like swearing at a ref or opposition coaches is punished with a demerit point. 3 demerits in a season is a 1 match ban, the next 3 is a 2-match ban etc. 

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Why don’t refs book them all, swearing at a ref should be an instant yellow. You see it all the time why haven’t they fixed it. 

In the local leagues on saturdays now if you swear at the ref he gives you a yellow and you have a 10 min sin bin 

maybe fa should look at bringimg it up the levels

15 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Why?

Won't make any difference, accept it and move on.

Exactly.

I was always told 'the referee's decision is final' and there's certainly no need for him to explain it.

Like it or lump it and get on with the game.

Archived