IGNORED

Solksjaer - “Liverpool defeat shows the strides forward we’ve made”

Unan

6 minutes ago, WiltshireReds said:

Best thing of 2010 decade? Seeing the collapse of Manchester United... and at Ashton Gate.

Yep one of. I love seeing the Man Utd fans moan! I cannot see Man Utd competing for the title for a few seasons yet. For me Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool will be the three juggling the title for years to come.

22 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yep one of. I love seeing the Man Utd fans moan! I cannot see Man Utd competing for the title for a few seasons yet. For me Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool will be the three juggling the title for years to come.

Liverpool dominated in the 70/80s, and haven't won it for 30 years since. I hope the same happens to United. 

After their Carabao Cup home loss to Man City, he said the following "“You know, when you play Man City in the Carabao Cup and they put their strongest team out, you know you’ve gone places … “So, I didn’t take that too badly, you know? I took it as a compliment that they came out with their best players.”

This was after being 3-0 down at the break at home in a derby and City rested Aguero, David Silva, Jesus, Ederson and both Sane and Laporte were injured too. To be a Manchester United manager and to make those comments is scandalous. I can imagine Fergie wanting him out asap. 

2 hours ago, Coppello said:

After their Carabao Cup home loss to Man City, he said the following "“You know, when you play Man City in the Carabao Cup and they put their strongest team out, you know you’ve gone places … “So, I didn’t take that too badly, you know? I took it as a compliment that they came out with their best players.”

This was after being 3-0 down at the break at home in a derby and City rested Aguero, David Silva, Jesus, Ederson and both Sane and Laporte were injured too. To be a Manchester United manager and to make those comments is scandalous. I can imagine Fergie wanting him out asap. 

Blimey, that sounds like a weaker Man City side than the one that needed a stoppage time goal to beat us, both times.

4 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Chelsea???  More likely Sheff U watching that game tonight.  They haven't got a player close to being world class.  

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 21:07, Coppello said:

Following on from my post yesterday, they're currently 2-0 down at home to Burnley. No doubt he'll be proud of the fact his team got to share a pitch with a side like the Clarets.

Solskjaer is their Brian Tinnion. Absolute club legend who knew the club inside out, knows the way the club should play football, knows the expectations of the club and the supporters, and had the job of taking them back up the league.

He got the "feel good factor" back there, but interim manager is what he should have stayed as (hindsight). You could argue that given his record there up until the full time appointment, they would have been stupid to give it to someone else.

They supposedly passed up the chance of landing Pep (and possibly Klopp?) when they had the chance. Poch is still available, are they going to make the same mistake again? 

At the current rate, they'll be lucky if they get anywhere near mid table. Some of the press have been saying they will accept/expect a 2 year turnaround, and that OGS will be safe. Personally I can't see that they can keep him for another 2 weeks, let alone 2 years!!

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Cant blame it all on OGS but crikey they were shambolic tonight. He is clearly out of his depth. Would any other Premier League team swap there manager for him? I wouldnt even swap him with LJ.

You can't, he's been dealt the hand he has. Man Utd are not the first great club from the 90's/00's to fall. Overconfidence is a slow, and insidious killer.

Things. You. Love. To. See.

13 minutes ago, Super said:

Cant blame it all on OGS but crikey they were shambolic tonight. He is clearly out of his depth. Would any other Premier League team swap there manager for him? I wouldnt even swap him with LJ.

I am not a huge LJ fan but I would much rather him than OGS! 

Archived