Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Seneca the Younger

Solksjaer - “Liverpool defeat shows the strides forward we’ve made”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/21/solskjaer-liverpool-defeat-shows-manchester-united-on-right-track-gary-neville-criticism

If you would've said a few years ago Man Utd were 30 points behind United I wouldn't have believed it, let alone content, let alone impressed with it. 

Edited by Seneca the Younger

6 minutes ago, WiltshireReds said:

Best thing of 2010 decade? Seeing the collapse of Manchester United... and at Ashton Gate.

Yep one of. I love seeing the Man Utd fans moan! I cannot see Man Utd competing for the title for a few seasons yet. For me Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool will be the three juggling the title for years to come.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WiltshireReds said:

Best thing of 2010 decade? Seeing the collapse of Manchester United... and at Ashton Gate.

With Jose saying we were lucky.

22 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yep one of. I love seeing the Man Utd fans moan! I cannot see Man Utd competing for the title for a few seasons yet. For me Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool will be the three juggling the title for years to come.

Liverpool dominated in the 70/80s, and haven't won it for 30 years since. I hope the same happens to United. 

Edited by Seneca the Younger
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, WiltshireReds said:

Yep, Liverpool have eventually “knocked them off their f^cking perch...” (to ‘reverse’ quote Fergie) - although Chelsea and Man City probably did it first! 

After their Carabao Cup home loss to Man City, he said the following "“You know, when you play Man City in the Carabao Cup and they put their strongest team out, you know you’ve gone places … “So, I didn’t take that too badly, you know? I took it as a compliment that they came out with their best players.”

This was after being 3-0 down at the break at home in a derby and City rested Aguero, David Silva, Jesus, Ederson and both Sane and Laporte were injured too. To be a Manchester United manager and to make those comments is scandalous. I can imagine Fergie wanting him out asap. 

• Like 1

@Coppello was about to mention that myself.

He’s talking about Man United as if they’re Sheffield United, it’s crazy.

Man United need to get rid of Woodward & Solskjaer then they might make a comeback. Until then I can’t see it. 

• Like 1

They've swapped places with Liverpool.

When United were good Liverpool fans and staff would try and claim these little moral victories that mean absolutely nothing and just make them sound delusional. Now the roles have reversed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coppello said:

After their Carabao Cup home loss to Man City, he said the following "“You know, when you play Man City in the Carabao Cup and they put their strongest team out, you know you’ve gone places … “So, I didn’t take that too badly, you know? I took it as a compliment that they came out with their best players.”

This was after being 3-0 down at the break at home in a derby and City rested Aguero, David Silva, Jesus, Ederson and both Sane and Laporte were injured too. To be a Manchester United manager and to make those comments is scandalous. I can imagine Fergie wanting him out asap. 

Blimey, that sounds like a weaker Man City side than the one that needed a stoppage time goal to beat us, both times.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Chelsea???  More likely Sheff U watching that game tonight.  They haven't got a player close to being world class.  

Solksjaers comments are reminiscient of a certain manager not so far from  here?  Does the  Norwegian Gnome also discuss the number of box entries achieved by his side? 🙃

• Rovers 2
  • Snake 4

4 hours ago, WiltshireReds said:

They are the biggest club in the World you know

Were, as in the past and future tense if that's possible.

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 21:07, Coppello said:

Following on from my post yesterday, they're currently 2-0 down at home to Burnley. No doubt he'll be proud of the fact his team got to share a pitch with a side like the Clarets.

They’ve been utterly dreadful tonight, Burnley aren’t anything special (bar a brilliant second goal) but they’ve been compact and held their shape well. United have been totally toothless going forward 

Cant blame it all on OGS but crikey they were shambolic tonight. He is clearly out of his depth. Would any other Premier League team swap there manager for him? I wouldnt even swap him with LJ.

Edited by Super
  • Like 1

Solskjaer is their Brian Tinnion. Absolute club legend who knew the club inside out, knows the way the club should play football, knows the expectations of the club and the supporters, and had the job of taking them back up the league.

He got the "feel good factor" back there, but interim manager is what he should have stayed as (hindsight). You could argue that given his record there up until the full time appointment, they would have been stupid to give it to someone else.

They supposedly passed up the chance of landing Pep (and possibly Klopp?) when they had the chance. Poch is still available, are they going to make the same mistake again? 

At the current rate, they'll be lucky if they get anywhere near mid table. Some of the press have been saying they will accept/expect a 2 year turnaround, and that OGS will be safe. Personally I can't see that they can keep him for another 2 weeks, let alone 2 years!!

Edited by Taz

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Cant blame it all on OGS but crikey they were shambolic tonight. He is clearly out of his depth. Would any other Premier League team swap there manager for him? I wouldnt even swap him with LJ.

You can't, he's been dealt the hand he has. Man Utd are not the first great club from the 90's/00's to fall. Overconfidence is a slow, and insidious killer.

Things. You. Love. To. See.

• Like 1

I watched this evening and a well organised and hard working Burnley didn't offer them a decent chance of a goal.

The empty seats in the last ten minutes were a hilarious picture of plastic fans deserting a poor team.

How the mighty are fallen!

Edited by cidered abroad

13 minutes ago, Super said:

I am not a huge LJ fan but I would much rather him than OGS! 

It was a bizarre appointment of OGS in first place, his spell at management in UK with Cardiff did not last long and I recall they could not wait to get rid of him. They are light years behind Liverpool and Man City, those noisy neighbours as Ferguson used to call them.   

You'd imagine Pochetino will be given the job in the summer.  Will be interesting to see how he operates with a load of cash to spend.

41 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

You'd imagine Pochetino will be given the job in the summer.  Will be interesting to see how he operates with a load of cash to spend.

The trouble with them waiting and waiting is there will be more jobs available for Poch in the summer.

• Like 1