IGNORED

Help needed re Barcelona tickets

Portland Bill

Apologies, not City related.

I know there are a few on here that have been to watch Barcelona play at the camp nou. 

A few of us are going over to watch them play Real Sociedad in March, when others have been did they get match tickets online, or wait until getting to Barcelona before buying tickets? 

Thanks in advance ?

13 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Apologies, not City related.

I know there are a few on here that have been to watch Barcelona play at the camp nou. 

A few of us are going over to watch them play Real Sociedad in March, when others have been did they get match tickets online, or wait until getting to Barcelona before buying tickets? 

Thanks in advance ?

Would always go with website if you can. You'll probably be fine but Barcelona is terrible for petty crime and touts so always better to organise it before you go just in case. 

If you're going around the city, be very vigilant of street performers and large crowds as there are guaranteed to be pickpockets lucking around. If you keep your wits about you then you'll be fine.

It sounds like I've given it a bit of a negative review but it's an awesome place. I lived there for a while, amazing city. Enjoy your trip.

Been a couple of times. I got the tickets in the city pre match as usually easy to source unless it is Real Madrid etc.

There is a great football museum in the stadium under one of the stands. And the club shop will put City’s to shame.
The Ramblas and around the Old Quarter is where most of the petty crime is. Usually no problems though so long as you are street wise. Mainly North African gangs are the only ones to be weary of. It is a great city to visit though. The ground when it is full up is an impressive sight.

I got mine from the web site and printed at home. Still get emails from them. Could have waited and bought just about anywhere in the city. They were playing Levante so not a high demand match. Would recommend doing it on-line and printing at home to be on the safe side. Amazed by Messi - his movement is fantastic, never mind the speed, ball control and finishing. A genius. Took my wife along - her favourite bit was the Mexican wave!! Loads of Gaudi stuff to see in the city, including the Sagrada Familia - a must see. Tapas in the Ramblas another must-do. Brilliant city. 

I was in Barcelona for my brother's stag do and an English tourist gave me 2 tickets for the evening game v Malaga. Four of us went buying 2 tickets at the stadium 1 hour before kick off. With the two freebies it worked out under 20 quid each. The experience was great but I was amazed how dated the stadium is compared with Ashton. Other things I noted, practically no visible away support and Luis Suarez was pub league style awful on the night. As for Messi, wow just wow. Even more skilful than Bas Savage.

48 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Just be aware that the date/time of matches can change from the one published for TV coverage so probably good to allow for that in the planning. 

Yep. Probably won't be confirmed until a couple of weeks before.

We used the website to buy for a game on a Sunday night. Went to the ground on the Saturday morning to do the tour and there were people queuing to buy tickets for the match then.

9 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I was in Barcelona for my brother's stag do and an English tourist gave me 2 tickets for the evening game v Malaga. Four of us went buying 2 tickets at the stadium 1 hour before kick off. With the two freebies it worked out under 20 quid each. The experience was great but I was amazed how dated the stadium is compared with Ashton. Other things I noted, practically no visible away support and Luis Suarez was pub league style awful on the night. As for Messi, wow just wow. Even more skilful than Bas Savage.

Just want to stick up for Málaga here (obviously :laugh:) but there really isn't a culture of big away followings in Spain. You'll be lucky to get 100 away fans at most games.

5 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Just want to stick up for Málaga here (obviously :laugh:) but there really isn't a culture of big away followings in Spain. You'll be lucky to get 100 away fans at most games.

Trust me they didn't have 10 nevermind 100. It is amazing really when you consider if Carlisle were playing at Plymouth on a Tuesday night they'd still have 100+

35 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I was in Barcelona last week and took a chance to go to the Nou camp for a look around. While it's huge, it really is falling apart. I was really quite shocked to see falling debris nets and cracked concrete all over the place.

It's a bit of a dump TBH for such an iconic and huge club. 

2 hours ago, yardy said:

I was going to post a topic on exactly the same thing.

I am looking to take my son to see Messi sometime this season but do not want to be watching in the top tier, looks far too high?

Is there tickets available in the lower or mid tiers? 

I was in the top tier and the view was excellent.

4 hours ago, yardy said:

I am looking to take my son to see Messi sometime this season but do not want to be watching in the top tier, looks far too high?

2 nd that me and the boy want to go and see the "goat" this season just no idea were to start looking to book decent tickets

8 hours ago, Calculus said:

I got mine from the web site and printed at home. Still get emails from them. Could have waited and bought just about anywhere in the city. They were playing Levante so not a high demand match. Would recommend doing it on-line and printing at home to be on the safe side. Amazed by Messi - his movement is fantastic, never mind the speed, ball control and finishing. A genius. Took my wife along - her favourite bit was the Mexican wave!! Loads of Gaudi stuff to see in the city, including the Sagrada Familia - a must see. Tapas in the Ramblas another must-do. Brilliant city. 

Exactly this. Tickets available all over the City unless RM or AM.

Fantastic city - do the tourist bus tour - fabulous and around 20 euros.

5 minutes ago, yardy said:

I have been at the top of plenty of stadiums and the impression i get is that you are so far away from the pitch its almost not worth being there

Probably worth paying a bit extra if necessary and getting a ticket lower down. I watched from the upper tier once and it wasn't a good view, especially if you are primarily going to try and watch Messi at his best.

I don't know where the best place to buy tickets online would be these days - but I definitely recommend trying to get a closer view. 

10 hours ago, yardy said:

We bought tickets in the gods, watched in the first half which was still a great view, but as its a giant bowl we were able to wander around the stadium and ended up behind the goal where the barca true fans are, although they have their own fenced off section. The stadium as only two thirds full so plenty of seats to walk around and sit wherever. Nobody raised an eyebrow. Great atmosphere in that bit. 

11 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Thanks everyone ?

i’ve read a lot about the pickpockets etc, hopefully be ok, as it’s my motto to be streetwise whenever I go to large cities ( famous last words!). 

Will  now definitely go down the route of printing tickets before leaving this country ?

I’ve been to Barcelona many many times and never had any crime type problems. 

6 hours ago, bengalcub said:

2 nd that me and the boy want to go and see the "goat" this season just no idea were to start looking to book decent tickets

Go for it,,, you can select the tickets you want on the website,, me and my boy were middle tier over the corner flag... excellent view. The tickets were about 100 euros each so not cheap.

the atmosphere is generated by the fans behind the goal at one end waving flags,, it looks extremely lively in there, but may affect your view!!

i booked us a hotel about 10 minutes walk from the stadium,,, kinda basic with twin room. Cost about 130 euros Per night on bookings.com. But if its a 9pm evening game, and theres 80000 fans there, trying to arrange transport could be a big problem!

then flights from Bristol were a couple of hundred each as well. So cost for flights hotel and tickets was about 700. 

you will also need to budget for museum tickets, and a trip to the shop, which is very impressive 

Archived