IGNORED

Brum hit jackpot with £145 per week kid...

WhistleHappy

Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy... ?

£30M for a kid aged 16 … only been playing first team Championship for 5months .. Too much too soon surely?

Dreamland for the kid I'm sure, but so much pressure to take on at a tender age dream could become a nightmare.

Premier League money madness  £145 per week apprentice wage at 16 (& loving it, I'm sure..) instant multi Millionaire at 17.

Man U's business if they want to chuck that sort of money around - Birmingham must be over the moon too...

...but what of the mental wellbeing of the kid? who knows if he can deal with such a instant shocking transformation?

Could YOUR kid handle that?  Could You??  Just imagine that. 

Too much money in the game and its all funded one way or another by the loyalty of the ever increasingly milked poor punters..  The Fans always pay in the end, but do they get value for money for their hard earned cash?  

It feels like day after day we are talking millions and millions of pounds and we seem to have become desensitised to these fantastic figures, a departure from the real world, we accept this as normal nowadays without question or hardly a bat if an eye lid...  

Monopoly money madness …   good luck to the kid, hope it has a happy ending for him. 

15 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Sir Steve - if you are reading this I don't mind giving it a go if you want to PayPal me a million or two, (Friends and family option only though, as I don't want to be paying the incoming charges on it).

On a serious note - mental money for a 16 year old who you have no idea how he will turn out, or what path he goes down when he hits 18 and the pubs/clubs etc with a fortune in his bank and he will never have to kick a ball again in his life if he doesn't want to. Surely better off waiting a couple of years and paying double if he improves? Then again in a couple of years he maybe worth 100 million going by how this crazy World of football is going..

24 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

£30M for a kid aged 16 … only been playing first team Championship for 5months .. Too much too soon surely?

Dreamland for the kid I'm sure, but so much pressure to take on at a tender age dream could become a nightmare.

Premier League money madness  £145 per week apprentice wage at 16 (& loving it, I'm sure..) instant multi Millionaire at 17.

Man U's business if they want to chuck that sort of money around - Birmingham must be over the moon too...

...but what of the mental wellbeing of the kid? who knows if he can deal with such a instant shocking transformation?

Too much money in the game and its all funded one way or another by the loyalty of the ever increasingly milked poor punters..  The Fans always pay in the end, but do they get value for money for their hard earned cash?  

It feels like day after day we are talking millions and millions of pounds and we seem to have become desensitised to these fantastic figures, a departure from the real world, we accept this as normal nowadays without question or hardly a bat if an eye lid...  

Monopoly money madness …   good luck to the kid, hope it has a happy ending for him. 

Crazy, yes, but...

If he fulfills his potential then they have a player for the next 20 years and that £30m will look like nothing 

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

I like to think that being a fairly sensible kinda bloke, that if I was a 20 year old on £100kpw I wouldn’t be an idiot....but on reflection I reckon I’d have been a right ? 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as he's only 16 and yet to sign a contract, why can't man u pick him up for compensation only? Like when we lost those lads to Liverpool and Chelsea who went on loan last year to donny and Cheltenham? Their names escape me now.

Obviously compo will be a bit more than the usual 50k or whatever but it won't be 8 figures. 

10 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as he's only 16 and yet to sign a contract, why can't man u pick him up for compensation only? Like when we lost those lads to Liverpool and Chelsea who went on loan last year to donny and Cheltenham? Their names escape me now.

Obviously compo will be a bit more than the usual 50k or whatever but it won't be 8 figures. 

Herbie Kane and Jacob Maddox? 

16 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Good point. Birmingham are only category 2 like us, so i would have thought they could be pinched.

Or is it that Kane and Maddox were not on professional contracts and Billingham is I wonder.

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Crazy, yes, but...

If he fulfills his potential then they have a player for the next 20 years and that £30m will look like nothing 

I agree with what your saying But dont you agree this monopoly money is dumb ... 

I wish premier league could go bankrupt then fa to put things back to real money and normalising what orginated from kicking a peice if leather about.

Id be interested to see on the stats on mega paid players who dont dont stay in a football job once they retire .

How do they adjust ? how many get new careers or have even planned for retirement?  

Id love to see a salary cap like rugby! 

On 22/01/2020 at 13:16, pride of the west said:

He's signed a pre-contract which comes into force on his 17th birthday therefore would need to be bought rather than poached via the awful EPPP thing 

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Why haven’t lots of other clubs done similarly?

They do, generally. I guess most players good enough to be wanted by the big clubs know about it and don't sign one on the advise of the club they want to sign for? 

In this case it might be that Bellingham sees his development best suited to staying at Birmingham for a few more years. Going to United didn't exactly help Zaha etc 

Archived