IGNORED

The most efficient attacking team in the division

REDOXO

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

Tend to agree with that.  Weiman looks much more like a forward to me when played without Famara, as he's more central and trying to get in behind and on the end of balls into the box more.  Having everyone play off a focal point like Fam is a pattern I think is quite limiting, nothing against him personally as I think he's as good as we could expect to get at that role.  It's the role I don't like much as it sucks the movement out of the team and the knock on effects of that are felt everywhere right back to how we keep the ball after the keeper releases it.

That is my view.  Fam isn’t bad, but he constrains Weimann, and other passing options.  If you as a CM (for example) can see Fam with a big hairy CB up his arse, do you think a) I’ll knock a 20 yard pass into his feet and either make a run to receive it back, or b) he’ll spin his man, and I can play one down the side or c) I’ll go square.  With Weimann you don’t go with option a).

But when Fam only occupies the centre of the pitch (in the main) it makes it tough.  Afobe wasn’t fixed centrally, and moved his position dependent on his team-mates.  I do think it Fam’s Defence, he’s been told to stay central and be an “option”.  I saw him in a different light in his first few months here.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That is my view.  Fam isn’t bad, but he constrains Weimann, and other passing options.  If you as a CM (for example) can see Fam with a big hairy CB up his arse, do you think a) I’ll knock a 20 yard pass into his feet and either make a run to receive it back, or b) he’ll spin his man, and I can play one down the side or c) I’ll go square.  With Weimann you don’t go with option a).

But when Fam only occupies the centre of the pitch (in the main) it makes it tough.  Afobe wasn’t fixed centrally, and moved his position dependent on his team-mates.  I do think it Fam’s Defence, he’s been told to stay central and be an “option”.  I saw him in a different light in his first few months here.

Did you watch Sheff U (a)? Fam and Weimann both everywhere that day. Making runs in behind, looking for switches after dragging defenders away. Similar again Boro (a) the Tuesday after. Not really seen it since. Was V counter attacking though, harder to do throughout the game if in possession. 

8 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Did you watch Sheff U (a)? Fam and Weimann both everywhere that day. Making runs in behind, looking for switches after dragging defenders away. Similar again Boro (a) the Tuesday after. Not really seen it since. Was V counter attacking though, harder to do throughout the game if in possession. 

Bits and pieces of both.  Thought Sheffield was more 5221 (Brownhill and Weimann), but it doesn’t matter.  Yes, flashes of a partnership, thought Fulham (a) this season too.  Both not anything consistent.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bits and pieces of both.  Thought Sheffield was more 5221 (Brownhill and Weimann), but it doesn’t matter.  Yes, flashes of a partnership, thought Fulham (a) this season too.  Both not anything consistent.

I pray for the day we see Diedhiou and Semenyo up top in a two. Crazy it’s never happened since PNE in the league, think QPR in the cup this season only time. Even then they combined okay. Really thought it would be a semi-regular occurrence. 

Move Weimann to the wing and swap on Semenyo for the winger, good attacking sub that. 

15 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I pray for the day we see Diedhiou and Semenyo up top in a two. Crazy it’s never happened since PNE in the league, think QPR in the cup this season only time. Even then they combined okay. Really thought it would be a semi-regular occurrence. 

Move Weimann to the wing and swap on Semenyo for the winger, good attacking sub that. 

I love your love of Semenyo Stan. 

Oh. My. God. You’re called Stan. 

Dear Antoine,

I wrote you but you still ain’t calling, I left my cell, pager and phone Number at the bottom...

37 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Because semenyo is nowhere near good enough for the first team 

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

We also don't need to bring a creative midfielder in we have Nik (the most creative player in the league) pato palmer brownhill, what we need to do is stop trying to play on the counter it stops our creativity as we are sitting back waiting,

A decent ball winning defensive midfielder is what the team needs above anyone else, we just don't have one and haven't had one for 4 or 5 years

This would suggest we do.. Also a fully fit and firing Korey Smith would be my answer to that ball winning midfielder.

XG.thumb.JPG.62a5c168031129c42dbac767301134dd.JPG

Archived