IGNORED

Boy stuff - balls

RumRed

Lads, in this new woke age I can’t think where better than here to talk about balls.  More old blokes than anywhere else I know!

I have a varicocele which is basically a varicose vein in your balls, f’ing hurts constantly. Not anything that will kill you and I have no intention of breeding so that’s not an issue.

Anyone else had this and had surgery?  The doctors seem to suggest that pain management the better idea, but over the counter stuff not touching it. Anyone any experience?

Feel free to DM if you don’t want to go public!l

9 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Lads, in this new woke age I can’t think where better than here to talk about balls.  More old blokes than anywhere else I know!

I have a varicocele which is basically a varicose vein in your balls, f’ing hurts constantly. Not anything that will kill you and I have no intention of breeding so that’s not an issue.

Anyone else had this and had surgery?  The doctors seem to suggest that pain management the better idea, but over the counter stuff not touching it. Anyone any experience?

Not developed that myself but I can tell you that it’s not that uncommon in older guys, roughly 1 in 5. 

If I recall correctly the most effective treatment is minor surgery but best to talk to your GP - things may have changed since my day.

Just now, Robbored said:

Not developed that myself but I can tell you that it’s not that uncommon in older guys, roughly 1 in 5. 

If I recall correctly the most effective treatment is minor surgery but best to talk to your GP - things may have changed since my day.

Thanks RR, I went against my left wing roots and had a private consultation that the doctor basically led me to ‘managing’ the pain. I hate these things because I never ask the right questions at the time and downplay it.  Almost like I’m apologising.

I’m also 43 with no kids so I think at this age they still think you’ll change your mind (I won’t).

12 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Thanks RR, I went against my left wing roots and had a private consultation that the doctor basically led me to ‘managing’ the pain. I hate these things because I never ask the right questions at the time and downplay it.  Almost like I’m apologising.

I’m also 43 with no kids so I think at this age they still think you’ll change your mind (I won’t).

43?.....I don’t think I came across anyone under 60 with varicocele. I saw several guys with it over the years but all were older guys. I came across several with a condition called a hydroseal Which is essentially excess water accumulated in your scrotum and it made them look as if the they had massive dicks when wearing trousers...........:)

My advice is talk to your GP and ask what treatment is available - being told to ‘manager the pain is a load of bollocks (if you’ll excuse the pun) 

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

43?.....I don’t think I came across anyone under 60 with varicocele. I saw several guys with it over the years but all were older guys. I came across several with a condition called a hydroseal Which is essentially excess water accumulated in your scrotum and it made them look as if the they had massive dicks when wearing trousers...........:)

My advice is talk to your GP and ask what treatment is available - being told to ‘manager the pain is a load of bollocks (if you’ll excuse the pun) 

It’s not the years but the mileage.

(To paraphrase Indiana Jones)

23 minutes ago, RumRed said:

This (your post) is one of the many reasons I love this forum.

I have read numerous heartwarming, even heart-rending threads on here over the years, from fears about ill or premature babies to broken down cars, electrical appliances and the like, but, apart from the occasional bollocks (Sorry ?, cheap gag there) the response from fellow forum members seems always to be amazingly helpful and sympathetic/empathetic.

Long may it continue and, of course, Good Luck with your problem.    

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I came across several with a condition called a hydroseal Which is essentially excess water accumulated in your scrotum and it made them look as if the they had massive dicks when wearing trousers...........:)

Hi Robbo,

I, or rather a friend, was just wondering if it is easy to contract Hydroseal.

17 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

This (your post) is one of the many reasons I love this forum.

I have read numerous heartwarming, even heart-rending threads on here over the years, from fears about ill or premature babies to broken down cars, electrical appliances and the like, but, apart from the occasional bollocks (Sorry ?, cheap gag there) the response from fellow forum members seems always to be amazingly helpful and sympathetic/empathetic.

Long may it continue and, of course, Good Luck with your problem.    

Very well said, thank you. I have no knowledge or advice for you @RumRedand even though it sounds corny, you are amongst friends here (OTIB Forum Family) and I’ve never known a question or problem not answered yet, there is always someone to help.

Makes me right proud it does :clapping:

7 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hi Robbo,

I, or rather a friend, was just wondering if it is easy to contract Hydroseal.

Two main causes I think. 1) poor absorption in the sac 2)  excess production of fluid in the sac which can be congenital. 
It’s years since I studied this stuff and as my powers of recollection are not what there once were.........:facepalm:.........so I can’t be sure if I’m 100% accurate. I do know that hydrocele’s or hydroseals are fairly uncommon.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Two main causes I think. 1) poor absorption in the sac 2)  excess production of fluid in the sac which can be congenital. 
It’s years since I studied this stuff and as my powers of recollection are not what there once were.........:facepalm:.........so I can’t be sure if I’m 100% accurate. I do know that hydrocele’s or hydroseals are fairly uncommon.

Hmmm.

Thank You for your sincere response, but I apologise and must confess my post was made in jest.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

My brother had this when he was around 30. He had it sorted.

16 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

My brother had this when he was around 30. He had it sorted.

Good to know,  I’m ‘tossing’ up between surgery and living with it.  Dr led me towards no intervention which I know makes sense as it’s only pain and perhaps my brain will learn to block it out or at least dull it after a while.

Gets a bit grating though when it feels you have your 7 year old nephew kicking you in the nuts 24/7!

• Admin
10 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Good to know,  I’m ‘tossing’ up between surgery and living with it.  Dr led me towards no intervention which I know makes sense as it’s only pain and perhaps my brain will learn to block it out or at least dull it after a while.

Gets a bit grating though when it feels you have your 7 year old nephew kicking you in the nuts 24/7!

That’s probably what caused it......

Archived