IGNORED

FFP - surely we are massively in credit?

reddogkev

Funnily enough I think we may see bids come in, and be accepted for:

Bentley (strong form-fight with existing keeper for 1st team place in lower prem club)

Nagy (European Club)

Massengo (Prem based on potential seen so far)

Bentley would have to be £10m surely

Nagy £4-5m (I think he's worth much,much more)

Massengo - does anyone rate him as much as Lloyd Kelly? If so, them silly offer may be incoming (£8m - £12m with big add-ons)

Plus Brownhill will be off, if not now, end of year £6-7m

Potentially £20 - £30m there, plus *gulp* - Nic will, must have, suitors.

Eliasson - £20m  (3 goals , 10 assists in 24 games, quite a few as sub, will get him noticed).  Anything less than £20m would astonish me.

So potentially £40m - £50m.

We go again.......

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That is true, but there are plenty think we’ve got £20-30m to spend because we sold Webster and Kelly. Some are oblivious that we lose £0.5m per week, or even that FFP exists, and SL can’t just buy his way to success.

I would be amazed if the software they use doesn’t allow them to pop in a few variables, like fee, signing on fee, contract length, wages, and see how the P&L is impacted over the next 5 years.

they use  Championship Manager 2001-2002

4 hours ago, INCRED said:

Not forgetting increased turnover from the stadium and ST sales 

Massive increase in the rebuild but I wonder how much it will increase between last and this season.

Worth bearing in mind I think- and I stand to be corrected here- that our profti last year and our £30m turnover- well they're two separate things but profit...as @Davefevs has covered, £25m loss without player sales, or £26m loss without player sales- profit on transfers in any case.

The turnover excludes all of that I believe, but it's worth bearing in mind that the £30m included both the two concerts in May 2019 and the WC Fans Village in summer 2018. Wonder how much those made and also how much fell under BCFC Holdings.

Though it's minor in the scheme, getting to 5th Round FA Cup including being on BT Sport, that surely would have helped a bit- we didn't have that benefit either- it should be reasonable and somewhere between £25-30m but I'd be slightly surprised if it hits £30m again...but maybe increased gates make up that possible shortfall? More TV Revenue maybe too, unsure how it changes year on year at this level.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks, re-worked it, here’s a revised view.  Looks much healthier.  But won’t include agent fees, nor provision for future fees based on appearances, and other bonuses, etc.

17FCF346-2863-44BD-8564-7C20D5D118CD.thumb.jpeg.65b5c80730c3910976da51eb57097ed0.jpeg

the blue cell is the important one.  Not close to £39m!!!

I’ve changed the transfer profit accordingly.  I think the wage bill might be a bit higher too....but more to play with.  That’s good news.

@Coppello - not an accountant, so excuse the way I’ve shown it.  

@reddogkev you can breathe a bit easier ?

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’ll tell him, shall I?

Let me crash you back down to earth RDK.

C35A2359-6FAC-4909-B885-B1B4980E633A.thumb.jpeg.f0fa2851d161cdb162c31af136456069.jpeg

And that was before I realised I’d forgotten not all of Webster’s £20m was profit.

Sorry!!!

??☹️

Dave, I've read that several times, and I can't really make head nor tail of it.  But I still don't see anything there that strikes me as alarming.

In short, I would argue that our impressive income over the last three windows has offset our losses to a substantial degree and I don't see why we have to worry about FFP this window.

That's my main point, and I stand by it.  Cheers for the info though, that's interesting reading.

Archived