IGNORED

Anyone on here a roofer?

reddogkev

If so just a quick question for advice, a builder has given a quote for £450 for 3 small repairs to the roof ridge, namely replacing felt and mortar in 3 gaps.

One of the jobs is slightly larger as light is visible in the loft and the repair includes filling the gap next to an old heating flume that is no longer used.

Does £450 and roughly a day's work seem right for this job?

The builder seems a good bloke, I'm just unsure on the price.

It doesn't include any scaffolding.

Tricky one. Not sure what 'an old heating flume' is? Do you mean flue/chimney stack?

Always try and get 3 quotes, particularly if you get recommendations from neighbours/friends.

You need to find out the total  cost of Labour,  materials and scaffolding.

Or at least an honest estimate.

Good luck

22 hours ago, reddogkev said:

If so just a quick question for advice, a builder has given a quote for £450 for 3 small repairs to the roof ridge, namely replacing felt and mortar in 3 gaps.

One of the jobs is slightly larger as light is visible in the loft and the repair includes filling the gap next to an old heating flume that is no longer used.

Does £450 and roughly a day's work seem right for this job?

The builder seems a good bloke, I'm just unsure on the price.

It doesn't include any scaffolding.

As a QS I don't think that is too bad for a one off job, however maybe clarify how many men does that cover. It could be an Apprentice or Labourer is included. If there is work to be done around an old flue then I expect there is some lead flashing to be done which can be quite expensive.

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

As a QS I don't think that is too bad for a one off job, however maybe clarify how many men does that cover. It could be an Apprentice or Labourer is included. If there is work to be done around an old flue then I expect there is some lead flashing to be done which can be quite expensive.

If he`s going to be working off a ladder then there will almost certainly be two men on site I would think.

Also, does his quote include VAT?

Archived