IGNORED

Filip Benkovic- Confirmed Loan Signing

bcfc01

2 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Unless Kalas is out long-term surely this just further blocks Moore’s pathway? 
struggling to see the point of our claims that there even is a pathway these days. 

Bailey Wright has gone on loan, Kalas appears to have a recurring injury, and, in terms of "injury", Baker is not reliable.

34 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

struggling to see the point of our claims that there even is a pathway these days. 

Do you seriously think having a pathway means the team has to be full of academy products every minute of every game?????

The pathway to our first team, and beyond, has been clearly established by Lloyd Kelly, Bobby Reid and Joe Bryan. It doesn't disappear once those players are sold or Taylor Moore only makes the subs bench. 

Kelly, Reid and Bryan are three examples of how BCFC can turn you into a Premier League player, examples recent enough still to be fresh in the minds of our current academy crop and a massive inspiration, I would hope, to every single one of them. 

We have Joe Morrell, Max O'Leary and Zak Vyner playing regular league football, at least one of which will be in our first team sooner rather than later, all things being equal. A host of other academy players have been given the chance to test themselves in men's football and in the process prove they're good enough to play for BCFC.

The pathway is there for all to see and to say otherwise is beyond stupid.    

32 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

We are looking to add to the SQUAD. This and options off the bench are required in modern football. I swear that people still think about the first 11 only. Football is a 17 man game on match days alone now.

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

We are looking to add to the SQUAD. This and options off the bench are required in modern football. I swear that people still think about the first 11 only. Football is a 17 man game on match days alone now.

Yes but the article says Rogers wants him to go on loan to get regular football.  That implies he might need to have priority over Moore, much the same as the debates over Nketiah etc.

4 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Yes but the article says Rogers wants him to go on loan to get regular football.  That implies he might need to have priority over Moore, much the same as the debates over Nketiah etc.

Regular, yes, first name on the teamsheet is not acceptable. Not many players play every game these days at any level.

He looks good with the ball at his feet and can clearly head the ball well.

My only reservation is that he doesn't like to jockey an opponent and is very early into the tackle instead - time that wrong and he's on a red.

But thats probably nit picking.

13m Leicester paid so, even after accounting that EPL sides get reamed in transfers, he must be very good quality.

13 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Kalas, Baker, Williams and Moore is more than adequate in my opinion. Five would be a waste of resources given we've managed to get rid of 1 who doesn't play.

It would be if one of them hadn't missed most of the season through various injuries, and we also have another who can't carry on when he breaks a nail.

11 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Kalas, Baker, Williams and Moore is more than adequate in my opinion. Five would be a waste of resources given we've managed to get rid of 1 who doesn't play.

Yes, but considering Kalas and Baker are injury prone that leaves us short of depth.

1 minute ago, underhanded said:

Whilst I feel the problem doesn't necessarily lie at CB, we have conceded 40 goals this season in the league, a lot more than those around us, so if we could get an upgrade on Williams/Baker to partner Kalas, with Moore deputising, I think this could be a good signing. 

I think that is more to do with defending as a team rather than the back four needing an upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

He has been linked to plenty of clubs during this window, one things for sure, if we are in for him, we won’t be the only club in for him.

Who else is he linked with ?

Bound to be Notts bloody Forest..

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think that is more to do with defending as a team rather than the back four needing an upgrade.

I agree, but I still think a fit and in form Kalas can take us where we want to be, yet Baker and Williams (whilst by no means being poor players) can be improved upon if the options available.

Still, I'd be looking at DM and CF as priority positions over CB

40 minutes ago, Leveller said:

FWIW, I think Taylor Moore could become a very good defensive midfielder. His ball carrying is much better than the other CH's. 

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

FWIW, I think Taylor Moore could become a very good defensive midfielder. His ball carrying is much better than the other CH's. 

He has said before that he can play midfield. Think his future is at centre back. But would be interested to see him in midfield.

53 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

More to playing as a DM than being able to ball carry.

I’d let him concentrate at getting better at his preferred position first.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

More to playing as a DM than being able to ball carry.

I’d let him concentrate at getting better at his preferred position first.

I don't disagree Dave, just an opinion mate. He's certainly got the tools to play there though and is good with the ball at his feet.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Williams is old, slow and not very good on the ball. 
Moore is still young at this level and prone to error. 
Kalas hasn’t been fit all season and in my opinion needs a longer spell on the sidelines to recover (there’s a problem there, I’m certain of it). 
Baker is great when fit but rarely is these days! 

I think that whilst we have other priorities, a reliable CB is also up there. 

Archived