IGNORED

Filip Benkovic- Confirmed Loan Signing

bcfc01

8 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Rodgers made very clear again tonight that if Leicester sign a centre back he will go out on loan, if they don't he won't. 

He’s coming here if he goes out on loan, it’s already agreed by all accounts (so my mate tells me)

but it all depends on Leicester getting their target,

if they do we get this chap and Moore leaves on loan 

6 minutes ago, HayBCFC said:

I'm going to be a spoilt child and say that I'm a bit gutted if this means no Ampadu. 

Surely we need a CM?

I agree, someone who likes a tackle in midfield? Though if ampadu and massengo both started together thats an extremely young midfield!

taylor moore hasnt done much wrong, why would we loan him out to get someone else in?

18 minutes ago, HayBCFC said:

I'm going to be a spoilt child and say that I'm a bit gutted if this means no Ampadu. 

Surely we need a CM?

I don’t think this signing has anything to do with Ampadu coming or not, both will come if their parent clubs can facilitate it.

11 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I agree, someone who likes a tackle in midfield? Though if ampadu and massengo both started together thats an extremely young midfield!

taylor moore hasnt done much wrong, why would we loan him out to get someone else in?

Very young but I kind of like the idea of Ampadu and Massengo running the show ?

8 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Maybe not the actual tackling bit, but someone big and aggressive in midfield to add a bit of steel. 

its a shame we didnt go for norwood when sheffield united did.

Again, I'm on the fence about that aspect- I see both sides of that argument but I wonder about the height/aggression link...worth checking out the average heights of a few Championship sides near the top, not many 6 footers in evidence.

Aggression can be intense pressing- or a form of aggression at least.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Again, I'm on the fence about that aspect- I see both sides of that argument but I wonder about the height/aggression link...worth checking out the average heights of a few Championship sides near the top, not many 6 footers in evidence.

Aggression can be intense pressing- or a form of aggression at least.

Depends on the opposition, you play leeds away and thats not necessarily a game for kasey palmer...

Agreed re pressing, since reid left though our ability to press has reduced 

20 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Maybe not the actual tackling bit, but someone big and aggressive in midfield to add a bit of steel. 

its a shame we didnt go for norwood when sheffield united did.

We had this discussion on the Eddie thread. Some of the best defensive midfielders in the world are not big and actually not that aggresive. 

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

We had this discussion on the Eddie thread. Some of the best defensive midfielders in the world are not big and actually not that aggresive. 

Different schools of thought i suppose. Kante is small but arguably very aggressive in the way he plays. Busquets is bigger. Someone like casimero is aggressive and a big guy, fernandinho at man city does the tackling to allow the ball players to do their thing.

58 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Why have people been complaining about them?

Amount of goals we have conceded, way they have been conceded. Might not be cb fault but we had one of the worse defences in league. Now we’ve kept 3 clean sheets in a row in the league, maybe we have worked out why we were conceding.

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Why would signing a CH mean no Ampadu @HayBCFC? Am I missing something? Not a pedantic question BTW.

Ampadu can play both defensive midfield and at centre half, which makes me wonder if the interest was in him filling Moore's position.

2 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

That sounds like Leicester definitely have someone close to signing.

Whats this guy like on the ball? A back 3 of him Kalas/Williams/Baker would be formidable at this level. 

They paid 13 million for him that’s all I know 

18 minutes ago, HayBCFC said:

Ampadu can play both defensive midfield and at centre half, which makes me wonder if the interest was in him filling Moore's position.

Fair comment. I think of Ampadu as a DM who can drop into the defensive line but that's just my impression. I would hope he's coming (if he does) in that role rather than a CH but stand to be corrected. We could do with a 'Kante' type just in front of the defence, especially with the attack minded players we currently have at our disposal.

40 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Amount of goals we have conceded, way they have been conceded. Might not be cb fault but we had one of the worse defences in league. Now we’ve kept 3 clean sheets in a row in the league, maybe we have worked out why we were conceding.

Shape of team was the reason imo. Now a more solid looking 4141.

Could be that we concede more now if we change systems again.

Maybe important to bring in this Leicester guy to change that style and still keep clean sheets.

Archived