IGNORED

Filip Benkovic- Confirmed Loan Signing

bcfc01

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Indeed, and don't suppose Leicester are letting us have him to sit on the bench, makes me wonder if Williams might be off once we get this loan done.

Is interesting as one of the clubs linked was MLS. If say AW asked to be let out of his contract in the next couple weeks to pursue that I don’t see why we would say no. That said probably makes sense for him to finish strong here and make the euro squad and play in it before deciding his next move

Well my flabber has never been so gasted , I really rate TM and would have thought him a great player to have around . 

Of course I don’t know what goes on at the club but he has never looked out of place in our team this season and is the only one who can carry the ball from defence .

I wish him the very best and hope he tears it up wherever he goes and makes the coaches here look a bit silly . 

I am sure there’s a big plan ...

28 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Well my flabber has never been so gasted , I really rate TM and would have thought him a great player to have around . 

Of course I don’t know what goes on at the club but he has never looked out of place in our team this season and is the only one who can carry the ball from defence .

I wish him the very best and hope he tears it up wherever he goes and makes the coaches here look a bit silly . 

Well the plan is to bring in this guy who looks like he can also bring it out from defence. Hes clearly better than Moore currently is. Moore then goes out on loan where he can plan nearly 20 consecutive games and really develops his game further by having that run of games.

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

How the hell does going to Blackpool on loan (or Portsmouth) improve him. I don't see the benefit. 

Playing football improves him more then any under 23 games will,

if this lad comes in the Moore won’t even be in the squad

5 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

How the hell does going to Blackpool on loan (or Portsmouth) improve him. I don't see the benefit. 

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Agree, he should be here in the squad

He's behind Kalas, Williams, Baker, and now possibly Benkovic.

Gone to get games - Benkovic and Williams won't be here at seasons end, so maybe back into the frame hopefully.

Back on topic - Looks like Leicester have now signed Bennett from Wolves so Benkovic can go out on loan..

25 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Not so sure. LJ was willing to let him go in the summer according to several posters on here.

You're right that he carries the ball out of defence in impressive fashion, and this makes him stand out, but all too often he then passes to the opposition at the end of his run, and he still looks vulnerable defensively on occasions.

It's probably fair to say he's done well but he still has more to learn and improve upon to succeed at this level.

LJ will talk him up of course, whether it be for TM's personal confidence, or to enhance his reputation (and fee) should we decide to part company.

He's not as good as Williams, Kalas or an on form and focused Baker, and we don't know how LJ rates him compared to the returning Vyner.

If Benkovic does sign it really makes sense for TM to go out and get more experience elsewhere, because he's unlikely to get much here for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, RUSSEL85 said:

That’s a good example of how far we have come. Been a good few years for our club.

Was going to say the same. Derby were in for him too. A good sign we are can compete with these clubs.

Seems a real talent, however fitness maybe an issue.

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Not sure if it's been posted but could it be Kalas could be out longer then first thought?

This crossed my mind earlier. Has anything even been said about how far away he is? 

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

Was going to say the same. Derby were in for him too. A good sign we are can compete with these clubs.

Seems a real talent, however fitness maybe an issue.

I think it’s our growing reputation of improving young players more then anything 

Archived