IGNORED

Filip Benkovic- Confirmed Loan Signing

bcfc01

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Not sure if it's been posted but could it be Kalas could be out longer then first thought?

LJ said Kalas was 7-10 days away from being fit for Championship football at the press conference earlier in the week. Those were his words. 

With Wright gone, Moore likely to be off, I think we have room for this lad. Especially with Baker’s injury record..

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Looks as if this is going through then.

If we get Henriksen as well plus already have Wells, the spine of the team has been strengthened.

That would be a very good January window.

I have run out of likes for today already, but spot on! 

It just goes to show how far we have come when the likes of Waynette's Derby and QPR are saying they can't complete with us. Irrespective if these signings get over the line, we are now fishing for much bigger fish and goes to show how the club's policy is working and gradually keeps building the level

7 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

It just goes to show how far we have come when the likes of Waynette's Derby and QPR are saying they can't complete with us. Irrespective if these signings get over the line, we are now fishing for much bigger fish and goes to show how the club's policy is working and gradually keeps building the level

There is definitely a feel good factor in this window which if we can get that across to the pitch could make the difference 

What a deadline day. I know we’re 6th and in pretty good form but the club needed this lift. The first time it looks like we’ve REALLY strengthened in the January transfer window, let’s hope this can see us over the line. Automatics aren’t a million miles off, aim for them and if we fall short it’ll be the play offs. 

2 minutes ago, Negan said:

What a deadline day. I know we’re 6th and in pretty good form but the club needed this lift. The first time it looks like we’ve REALLY strengthened in the January transfer window, let’s hope this can see us over the line. Automatics aren’t a million miles off, aim for them and if we fall short it’ll be the play offs. 

I'll have some of what you're on !  ?

36 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

That’s a good example of how far we have come. Been a good few years for our club.

32 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I think it’s our growing reputation of improving young players more then anything 

I would also add that being in the top six on deadline day probably hasn’t done us any harm at all. Psychologically there’s a big difference between 6th and 10th, even if it is only a few points. We’re selling a promotion challenge; others aren’t.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I would also add that being in the top six on deadline day probably hasn’t done us any harm at all. Psychologically there’s a big difference between 6th and 10th, even if it is only a few points. We’re selling a promotion challenge; others aren’t.

I have thought that too, stood us in good stead (Jon ?) for this window 

Isn't it bloody lovely to have a genuinely exciting January Transfer.  I fully support the model that we're working within these days which is obviously one of increased sustainability but I think this window, without doubt, indicates a clear show of intent to try and capitalise on what the club must see as a real opportunity to expedite further progress and stake a genuine claim for the play off's after recent experiences of fading away at the business end of the season.  Long may the trading model continue but these kinds of signings which are less about sell on value and more about the hear and now are a real shot in the arm for the supporters and provide a real sense of optimism.  Hopefully this optimism can translate to the pitch (specifically at home) and enhance the overall atmosphere during the run in and allow us to really enjoy the remaining games with a genuine chance of some reward at the end.  Regardless of how these signings work out I don't think anybody can say the club haven't committed to trying to kick on and I think that's essentially all that we can ask as supporters. 

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

LJ said Kalas was 7-10 days away from being fit for Championship football at the press conference earlier in the week. Those were his words. 

With Wright gone, Moore likely to be off, I think we have room for this lad. Especially with Baker’s injury record..

Well I hope Kalas is not only fit but likely to immediately find some form, because he has been shocking pretty much every time he’s pulled on the shirt this season.

5 minutes ago, Magicdaps said:

Isn't it bloody lovely to have a genuinely exciting January Transfer.  I fully support the model that we're working within these days which is obviously one of increased sustainability but I think this window, without doubt, indicates a clear show of intent to try and capitalise on what the club must see as a real opportunity to expedite further progress and stake a genuine claim for the play off's after recent experiences of fading away at the business end of the season.  Long may the trading model continue but these kinds of signings which are less about sell on value and more about the hear and now are a real shot in the arm for the supporters and provide a real sense of optimism.  Hopefully this optimism can translate to the pitch (specifically at home) and enhance the overall atmosphere during the run in and allow us to really enjoy the remaining games with a genuine chance of some reward at the end.  Regardless of how these signings work out I don't think anybody can say the club haven't committed to trying to kick on and I think that's essentially all that we can ask as supporters. 

Agreed, I was admittedly very negative of team tactics recently. This demonstrates a will to progress. Exciting times. 

1 hour ago, Negan said:

I think a key part is that these don’t appear to be panic transfers and we have held on to a bit of a plan which has come to fruition on deadline day.

Archived