IGNORED

Filip Benkovic- Confirmed Loan Signing

bcfc01

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Thats based on the deals being confirmed via the media at the exact moment its finalised, the Wells deal was done well before the 10pm announcement last night given MA's interview was in daylight!

That's what I was getting at TBH D_S but Sparks is spot on, Bennett was announced way after midday. 

27 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Might be overthinking it...but if Wells starts instead of Fammy, then we lose Fammy in our box at set pieces where he is pretty good defensively. Given that, I do wonder if we will go three at the back, but three big uns.

Think with 4 centre halves we’ll play with a four at the back mostly . Two for each position. If we were going with three then I would think we’d keep taylor Moore instead of loaning him out. As for height, I thought the midfielder from hull was a big un 

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Think with 4 centre halves we’ll play with a four at the back mostly . Two for each position. If we were going with three then I would think we’d keep taylor Moore instead of loaning him out. As for height, I thought the midfielder from hull was a big un 

According to Wiki, Benkovic is 6 feet 4 and Henriksen 6 feet 2, both big lads.

I wonder if Lee still has his box for the reveal pic? ;) I'm a shorty too BTW so don't start. 

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think if we get him in it will be a loan deal, our usual ‘try before we buy’. Same with the Hull player maybe, or anyone else.

I hate to disillusion you, RedM, but I don't think there is any possibility this is a 'try before you a buy: undoubtedly a loan, but no chance of buying him at the end unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Leicester paid 13m for him...

Err, maybe not then. ?

As I said elsewhere I don’t take much notice of players until they sign, don’t read up about them. This player is getting a lot of momentum regarding rumour at the moment so who knows

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ironically enough, he went to hanham high school 

So I believe stevie. Didn't Russell Howard go there as well? I've family that went there a few years ago. Used to be a really good school. I think our own @cheesleysmate went there too. 

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

So I believe stevie. Didn't Russell Howard go there as well? I've family that went there a few years ago. Used to be a really good school. I think our own @cheesleysmate went there too. 

had to look this up as I went to Hanham High, I was in the 2nd year to use as a brand new school. Its correct Stephen Merchant did go, but some time after me, although according to Wiki Russell Howard went to Bedford High School

48 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

We are now talking about a line up to compete against anyone in the Championship. Well done Bristol City. There has been a lot of work behind the scenes to make this happen.

We are defo going for it this season. Bring it on!!! 

Sounds too good to be true IMO. 

Lack of creativity leaves us lacking. Take Eliasson out and the service isn’t there.

3 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

had to look this up as I went to Hanham High, I was in the 2nd year to use as a brand new school. Its correct Stephen Merchant did go, but some time after me, although according to Wiki Russell Howard went to Bedford High School

Ah thanks. I thought Howard was a Hanham lad too. 

3 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

Heard he’s signed on loan. Same person told me Semenyo was off to sunderland which has now been confirmed. Also signed the Norwegian lad from Hull on loan. With Moore going to Blackpool.

I wonder what the delay in announcing them is then? #CONSPIRACYTHEORY

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

5 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Yes. Merchant definitely a Hanham High product. 
He was the year above me. I used to take the piss out of him - there was a mate of mine in our year who we used to falsely accuse of having a man-o-man relationship with Merchant (as teenage kids do).
@cheeseleysmate, I can confirm was also in my year - and the main one responsible for the said ‘abuse’. ?
As it was, the mate of Merch from my year was a chap called Matt Thorne, who went on to Cambridge and wrote a number of novels. 
His first one was called 8 Minutes Idle and was the concept from where Merch got The Office. 

30 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I hate to disillusion you, RedM, but I don't think there is any possibility this is a 'try before you a buy: undoubtedly a loan, but no chance of buying him at the end unfortunately.

If we did manage promotion then anything could be possible :fingerscrossed:

Archived