IGNORED

Filip Benkovic- Confirmed Loan Signing

bcfc01

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We have Joe Morrell, Max O'Leary and Zak Vyner playing regular league football, at least one of which will be in our first team sooner rather than later, all things being equal. A host of other academy players have been given the chance to test themselves in men's football and in the process prove they're good enough to play for BCFC.

Morrell is also now a regular in the Wales squad, and if I recall correctly Max has also been involved with the Irish - so the pathway doesn't just get you a regular league place, it can also propel you into your country's first team (obviously English players will find this much, much tougher).

16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Morrell is also now a regular in the Wales squad, and if I recall correctly Max has also been involved with the Irish - so the pathway doesn't just get you a regular league place, it can also propel you into your countries first team (obviously English players will find this much, much tougher).

Yes absolutely I thought about including that but decided I'd made my point and didn't want to over-egg the pudding!

Not seen him play but sounds very good.

Don't have a clue who would play at the back. Would have to play Kalas surely and this guy isn't coming here to sit on the bench.

Baker and Williams doing so well. Surely it would signal 3 centre backs start so only one dropped.

And Ampadu would likely be centre mid alongside Korey.

So far it seems very promising this window. But would not be surprised to sell more than just Brownhill. 

39 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not seen him play but sounds very good.

Don't have a clue who would play at the back. Would have to play Kalas surely and this guy isn't coming here to sit on the bench.

Baker and Williams doing so well. Surely it would signal 3 centre backs start so only one dropped.

And Ampadu would likely be centre mid alongside Korey.

So far it seems very promising this window. But would not be surprised to sell more than just Brownhill. 

Two loans in Benkovic & Ampadu means we won’t have to sell anyone else as we have a £6m upside from JBs sale. I think LJ will want Semenyo out on loan though and maybe Moore but has to still put one home grown player on the bench 

if it was me I would bring Morrell back from his loan as a ready made option who strengthens the squad but probably reduces his game time for the rest of the season 

12 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Two loans in Benkovic & Ampadu means we won’t have to sell anyone else as we have a £6m upside from JBs sale. I think LJ will want Semenyo out on loan though and maybe Moore but has to still put one home grown player on the bench 

if it was me I would bring Morrell back from his loan as a ready made option who strengthens the squad but probably reduces his game time for the rest of the season 

Problem is with bringing Morrell back is we have Korey, Nagy, Massengo and if we get Ampadu, then I imagine one of those won't play.

I can actually see some sense to this, bring this guy in and let Moore out on loan til the end of the season to a lower Championship club to get that little bit of extra experience. LJ recently said he felt Walsh needed 40 odd games in a season to bring him up to standard, maybe he thinks the same about Moore? Although Moore is much more Championship ready than Walsh.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Problem is with bringing Morrell back is we have Korey, Nagy, Massengo and if we get Ampadu, then I imagine one of those won't play.

I have a horrible feeling Nagy is struggling with his ankle and LJ sees this as a bit of a risk, Kalas is not 100% and maybe a month away from being fit to play so leaves us a bit exposed in midfield and CB especially if Moore goes out on loan as is being suggested

having two quality players come in strengthens the spine of the team somewhat

Archived