Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

bcfc01

Filip Benkovic- Confirmed Loan Signing

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Just interested in how you actually know that....

Lad I know in the pub knows another lad who works with jmpg 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Mark Ashton has performed a superb window if this comes off too, a real chance of promotion this season

Makes me laugh how he is lambasted as a a slimy corporate **** when we have a bad run of results yet an unbelievable asset every transfer window.

Not a personal dig but more of a forum wide issue, think everyone on here needs a bit more patience and perspective.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He arrives in BS3 after City were able to beat off a number of clubs who were competing for his signature.

City Chief Executive Officer Mark Ashton said: “Filip Benković is someone we rate very highly and we all look forward to working with him for the remainder of the season.

“I must send a special thank you to Leicester City Football Club and Brendan Rodgers for their assistance in getting the deal completed. We operated in a very busy market for Filip’s signature and I am delighted to welcome him to Bristol City.”

Head Coach Lee Johnson said: “Filip is a fantastic talent and a player who will add to our defensive options. He will be a strong and physical presence for us as we kick on in this second half of the season.”

The 22-year-old from Croatia spent last season on loan at Celtic, where he helped the Hoops to the treble as they lifted the Scottish Premiership title, Scottish League Cup and Scottish Cup.

Benković originally graduated from the Dinamo Zagreb Academy, going on to make 56 first team appearances and help the Croatian side to league and cup double-winning seasons in 2015/16 and 2017/18, before a move to the Foxes in 2018.

The defender has represented the Croatia national side on one occasion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great window for us. Hope they settle in quickly. 

On a side note it's amusing to watch SSN trying to be excited by a few loan deals. Bowen set to be by far the biggest cash deal on deadline, it it happens. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It’s been done for a while and yes he deserves some credit

 

Hang on a minute, I'm sure I read on this forum not long ago that Mark Ashton was a shithouse!

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redtucks said:

Hang on a minute, I'm sure I read on this forum not long ago that Mark Ashton was a shithouse!

 

ummm we’ve won since then, keep up 😏

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Redland said:

We will need a bigger tombola. 

What an idiot you are.......ffs.......:disapointed2se:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Ashton to Lee "over to you I'm off for a break"

As the deadline looms brilliant late incomings for us.... Benkovic from Leicester, a Croatian international and Henriksen from Hull, a Norwegian international, both on loan.

Of course we also added a proven Bermudian international forward yesterday, so have added an experienced midfielder and an accomplished defender today.

Moved two more ‘for the near future’ out on loan (Semenyo and Moore) so all in all a great couple of days for BCFC.   

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/benković-arrives-on-loan/

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/henriksen-joins-city-on-loan/

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/semenyo-secures-temporary-black-cats-switch/

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/moore-joins-blackpool-on-loan/

Plus, work has started on a superb new training facility.

Some couple days, well done MA and everyone involved! So, if MA is planning a break it’s certainly a well deserved one ⚽⚽⚽

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

As the deadline looms brilliant late incomings for us.... Benkovic from Leicester, a Croatian international and Henriksen from Hull, a Norwegian international, both on loan.

Of course we also added a proven Bermudian international forward yesterday, so have added an experienced midfielder and an accomplished defender today.

Moved two more ‘for the near future’ out on loan (Semenyo and Moore) so all in all a great couple of days for BCFC.   

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/benković-arrives-on-loan/

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/henriksen-joins-city-on-loan/

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/semenyo-secures-temporary-black-cats-switch/

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/moore-joins-blackpool-on-loan/

Plus, work has started on a superb new training facility.

Some couple days, well done MA and everyone involved! So, if MA is planning a break it’s certainly a well deserved one ⚽⚽⚽

Plus we only lost Josh. Was really worried someone would come in for Eliasson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Will be interesting to see how LJ sorts these new clubs out in his bag.

Significantly strengthened the entire spine of the team; this could prove to be the 3 best signings in a little over 24 hours since LJ arrived. Long long overdue for a commanding midfielder and a proven striker but very well done. I think we WILL finish inside the top 6 now. 

No pressure then!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we dont make the play offs now, we never will. 

We have had poor windows in the past when we needed to go for it, I'm glad we have learned from our past mistakes.

We have essentially built a spine of the team with these 3 signings. Benkovic and Kalas together, that will be an incredible CB partnership but for the time being it gives us the option of being able to make sure Kalas is 100% before he next comes back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just said on Twitter, that these signings will show us what is needed in the summer, should we not make play-offs, e.g. we need similar to push again, it highlights the weaknesses and strengths etc etc.

Suddenly we look strong (on paper) rather than just “in the mix’.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree he’s got 14 clubs in his bag. Won the last 3 with half a set. I hope LJ is prepared because he’s going to get some stick who ever he leaves out now! Should imagine the new players would be on the bench while they are assessed in training.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

Agree he’s got 14 clubs in his bag. Won the last 3 with half a set. I hope LJ is prepared because he’s going to get some stick who ever he leaves out now! Should imagine the new players would be on the bench while they are assessed in training.

Assessed in training? Are you mad? This isnt some kind of trial. 

All three should start on Friday. We have 17 games left, 17 cup finals essentially. They need to fit in and hit the ground running immediately and I'm sure that would have been considered when we signed them.

Edited by Up The City!
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Assessed in training? Are you mad? This isnt some kind of trial. 

All three should start on Friday.

I think they be getting a serious amount of minutes over the coming weeks / months.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think they be getting a serious amount of minutes over the coming weeks / months.

In assuming the two we signed today most likely signed after the deadline to play 2moro? 

I'd expect Wells to start tomorrow and then all 3 of them to start on Friday. These players haven't been brought in as cover, they are first team starting 11 players.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

In assuming the two we signed today most likely signed after the deadline to play 2moro? 

I'd expect Wells to start tomorrow and then all 3 of them to start on Friday. These players haven't been brought in as cover, they are first team starting 11 players.

Dunno....could have just been waiting for media team to travel up with the squad and meet at the hotel.

Be interested in @Monkeh view as to when these deals were actually done.....I suspect way before the announcement.

There’s a chance all 3 eligible??? 14:00 will be interesting whether they’re in or not.

Squad:

[2] Bentley | Wollacott (cd) - therefore no Maenpaa [3]

[5] Hunt | Pereira | Williams | Baker | Dasilva - Kalas / Vyner injured? [7]

[7] Smith | Massengo | Rowe | Eliasson | Paterson | O’Dowda | Palmer - Nagy / Watkins injured? [9]

[3] Wells | Weimann | Diedhiou [3]

leaving Henriksen and Benkovic to make up the 19 fit players, otherwise someone like Hinds or Soady will travel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

As the deadline looms brilliant late incomings for us.... Benkovic from Leicester, a Croatian international and Henriksen from Hull, a Norwegian international, both on loan.

Of course we also added a proven Bermudian international forward yesterday, so have added an experienced midfielder and an accomplished defender today.

Moved two more ‘for the near future’ out on loan (Semenyo and Moore) so all in all a great couple of days for BCFC.   

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/benković-arrives-on-loan/

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/henriksen-joins-city-on-loan/

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/semenyo-secures-temporary-black-cats-switch/

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/moore-joins-blackpool-on-loan/

Plus, work has started on a superb new training facility.

Some couple days, well done MA and everyone involved!

**So, if MA is planning a break it’s certainly a well deserved one ⚽⚽⚽

**The Kit-Kat's on me!  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

In assuming the two we signed today most likely signed after the deadline to play 2moro? 

I'd expect Wells to start tomorrow and then all 3 of them to start on Friday. These players haven't been brought in as cover, they are first team starting 11 players.

I expect Wells to be on the bench today - but on the whole I agree with you. 
Whatever today’s result, I think next Fridays team will look a bit different. Hopefully stronger. 

On paper, they are 3 top class signings that hopefully upgrade us from being “top 6 hopefuls” to “strong & serious contenders”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if Heriksen or Benkovic will have been registered in time to play QPR (I’m sure it has to be done by 12pm the day before a 3pm KO)?

Totally agree that we will have a much stronger lineup against Birmingham City on Friday night (injuries dependant)!

COYR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tangle Foot said:

Not sure if Heriksen or Benkovic will have been registered in time to play QPR (I’m sure it has to be done by 12pm the day before a 3pm KO)?

Totally agree that we will have a much stronger lineup against Birmingham City on Friday night (injuries dependant)!

COYR.

Yeah the near full week to train as a new look squad will be important. Get a result today and the Gate will be buzzing on Friday 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

So I believe stevie. Didn't Russell Howard go there as well? I've family that went there a few years ago. Used to be a really good school. I think our own @cheesleysmate went there too. 

Well I went to speedwell , hanham high kids were perceived as toffee nosed compared to us 😂 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Well I went to speedwell , hanham high kids were perceived as toffee nosed compared to us 😂 

If they were toffee nosed what on earth were we at St Brendan's? 😎

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

If they were toffee nosed what on earth were we at St Brendan's? 😎

Rugger Buggers

[i went there but only 6th form 86-88]

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

If they were toffee nosed what on earth were we at St Brendan's? 😎

Regularly beaten as I remember.

Anyway, football stuff. I feel a Happy New Year coming on. (Opinion may change by 3.10pm)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

Ok We’ve won again, clean sheet. 3 new players, who you going to bench to put them in.? 

Damn I was hoping nobody would ask this? 

Play 14?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bob Thompson said:

Ok We’ve won again, clean sheet. 3 new players, who you going to bench to put them in.? 

Henriksson in for Massengo (assuming he's close to match fit) but I would think Benkovic and Wells will be on the bench

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Henriksson in for Massengo (assuming he's close to match fit) but I would think Benkovic and Wells will be on the bench

The commentators seemed to think that Weimann was carrying a knock so he could drop for Wells. I think Pereira will play instead of Hunt. Benkovic playing will depend on whether Baker’s knock is worse than it looked and whether a back 3 might be deployed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...