IGNORED

Leeds intent on promotion

JoeAman08

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

We were after him when he was at PSG & he chose RB Leipzig. Does that mean we once showed ambition but aren’t now?

Depends on the details. I don't recall this one, but maybe we didn't meet the asking price or were not prepared to pay the salary he wanted?

11 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Depends on the details. I don't recall this one, but maybe we didn't meet the asking price or were not prepared to pay the salary he wanted?

If I remember rightly, it was around the time that we were also linked with Mousset who decided to join Bournemouth instead & is now at Sheffield Utd.
K-J-A was a player that had come through the system at PSG but not had a look in (not unusual) but he chose to go to RB Leipzig instead of coming to us, he then moved on loan to Monaco this season.

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

14 goals in 75 games, including 0 goals in 10 games this season..? 

I’ve no idea who he is or what he’s like, but excuse me for not getting too worked up about not signing him..! 

Not even if he is a goalie?  (I've not clicked on the link)

He's definitely got something- had a quick look at his record but I've heard reasonable things about him before.

In 2017/18, he scored 9 goals and got 5 assists for Leipzig in the Bundesliga- 14 starts, 11 sub appearances, 2 goals in 6 CL starts and 2 goals 1 assist in Europa League- 4 starts, 2 sub appearances. About 1 in 2 when goals and assists extrapolated into one and that's even with a decent chunk being sub appearances!

He also seems to have a good all-round game based on metrics- only 22 so his best years seem to be ahead of him. Possibly stalled a bit though, but on paper should be an upgrade on Bamford IMO. 

A statement of intent certainly.

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

14 goals in 75 games, including 0 goals in 10 games this season..? 

I’ve no idea who he is or what he’s like, but excuse me for not getting too worked up about not signing him..! 

At 19 years old he scored 12 goals and 5 assists in the Bundesliga in 1,722 minutes.

Thats a goal in one of the top 4 leagues every 143 minutes as a 19 year old!!!

He has been behind world class strikers these past 2 years.

So your “appearances” stat include shedloads of sub appearances.

We sign this guy, we’re flying up.

Theres an option for permanent and has turned down PL and French teams all because he wants to work with Bielsa. 

2 hours ago, SPAZZA said:

At 19 years old he scored 12 goals and 5 assists in the Bundesliga in 1,722 minutes.

Theres an option for permanent and has turned down PL and French teams all because he wants to work with Bielsa. 

Yeah, could turn out to be a great signing. 
I’ve just never heard of him and was remarking, based on his stats. 
If he signs for Leeds, I hope he fails miserably..! 

Yep, current form indicates the mighty Leeds are going up.

(who's going to tell the myopic berk)

Is he going to play in the same position as Nketiah?

2 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

The parent club have seen him lose his way, his move to Leeds is him wanting Bielsa to get back on track.

He is leagues above Bamford in quality.

How many times have you actually seen him perform? To be making statements like that, I assume you’ve seen him for at least half a season? Jean-Kevin I mean not Bamford.

5 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

How many times have you actually seen him perform? To be making statements like that, I assume you’ve seen him for at least half a season? Jean-Kevin I mean not Bamford.

I looked at him ever since BT Sport MEP replaying his ridiculous pirouette past 2 players.

Conversion Rate is 50%, EXACTLY. what we need.

Unbelievable pace as well.

3 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

I looked at him ever since BT Sport MEP replaying his ridiculous pirouette past 2 players.

Conversion Rate is 50%, EXACTLY. what we need.

Unbelievable pace as well.

We bid for him years ago when he was at PSG, he chose RB Leipzig, it would of been when we just got back into the Championship so he would of been very young then.

I’ve kept an eye on his moves & how he’s done in general but not on his actual performances as it seems highly unlikely that we’d get him any time in the future. But he doesn’t seem to of really pushed on with his career despite the moves he’s made.

He could be the answer you’re looking for but I wouldn’t pin all my hopes on him, the Championship is a totally different league from what most have played in & a few of our foreign signings have commented about how much more difficult it is to adjust to, the physicality & the speed in particular.

59 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

what we need.

What you need is to kindly **** off back to league one, not you personally but Leeds as a club. Despite being in League One, and plodding along in the Chanpionship for many years now, still your fanbase is one of the most arrogant and cocky fanbase that their is. You need some more time in League One to learn to be humble.

31 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

What you need is to kindly **** off back to league one, not you personally but Leeds as a club. Despite being in League One, and plodding along in the Chanpionship for many years now, still your fanbase is one of the most arrogant and cocky fanbase that their is. You need some more time in League One to learn to be humble.

Tickets went on sale at 9am for our game against you, at 10am we had 1,500 left.

Arrogant & Cocky, let’s put it this way....

(I’m don’t consider myself in that category BUT concede MANY are)

Isn’t that what makes it so much fun, the part that creates a bit of atmosphere and hostility?

(not the ridiculous fighting etc)

When we invariably fail it gives many people pleasure.

Going back to what I said earlier football is becoming a diluted product with no passion or atmosphere, should I apologise that we appear to be one of the last to “conform” in this way?

P.S I probably have a seat spare if anyone wants a lift ?

54 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

Tickets went on sale at 9am for our game against you, at 10am we had 1,500 left.

Arrogant & Cocky, let’s put it this way....

(I’m don’t consider myself in that category BUT concede MANY are)

Isn’t that what makes it so much fun, the part that creates a bit of atmosphere and hostility?

(not the ridiculous fighting etc)

When we invariably fail it gives many people pleasure.

Going back to what I said earlier football is becoming a diluted product with no passion or atmosphere, should I apologise that we appear to be one of the last to “conform” in this way?

P.S I probably have a seat spare if anyone wants a lift ?

Out of interest, you say tickets went on sale but how many tickets would of gone on sale because I’m assuming not all 34,000 tickets were put on sale this morning as surely you have some season ticket holders (of which I don’t know how many).

It could also be argued, from an arrogance point of view, that you’ve only sold so many because it’s the mighty Bristol City that are coming to town??

40 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Out of interest, you say tickets went on sale but how many tickets would of gone on sale because I’m assuming not all 34,000 tickets were put on sale this morning as surely you have some season ticket holders (of which I don’t know how many).

It could also be argued, from an arrogance point of view, that you’ve only sold so many because it’s the mighty Bristol City that are coming to town??

You can't just discount 23,000 season ticket holders. They bought theirs before they went on sale online?.

5,500 individual tickets sold this morning mainly at £39 (the price you'll be asked for but mainly won't pay I guess). One ticket per member. No multiple purchases at all. 1,300 left.

This game won't get to general sale. It's not arrogance, but factual. 

Millwall went to general sale and sold out quickly after that and Wigan sold as quickly as your game has. Riding the wave for a while I guess. No-one can call us glory-hunters, after all.

As for the title of this thread it's done.

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1221764180618903554

9 minutes ago, SR1 said:

You can't just discount 23,000 season ticket holders. They bought theirs before they went on sale online?.

5,500 individual tickets sold this morning mainly at £39 (the price you'll be asked for but mainly won't pay I guess). One ticket per member. No multiple purchases at all. 1,300 left.

This game won't get to general sale. It's not arrogance, but factual. 

Millwall went to general sale and sold out quickly after that and Wigan sold as quickly as your game has. Riding the wave for a while I guess. No-one can call us glory-hunters, after all.

As for the title of this thread it's done.

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1221764180618903554

That’s why I asked how many tickets actually went on sale this morning!! The way your fellow Leeds fan worded things was like you’d just sold 34,000 tickets in half hour, when in essence you’ve sold 5,500 tickets as a top of the league team while playing the most entertaining football you’ve ever seen & for such a MASSIVE club, who are pushing the boat out for promotion, it honestly doesn’t sound that impressive!

But whatever gets you excited.

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

That’s why I asked how many tickets actually went on sale this morning!! The way your fellow Leeds fan worded things was like you’d just sold 34,000 tickets in half hour, when in essence you’ve sold 5,500 tickets as a top of the league team while playing the most entertaining football you’ve ever seen & for such a MASSIVE club, who are pushing the boat out for promotion, it honestly doesn’t sound that impressive!

But whatever gets you excited.

I'm not excited, particularly.

But I'm not sure how anyone can paint 23,000 people shelling out for 23 games in advance as some sort of way of diminishing what is a pretty rapid sale of tickets on the first morning of sales for a club where it's virtually impossible to buy a ticket without being a member (£50 and capped at 25,000 in addition to the ST holders) and it's one ticket per member.

Surely there have been similarly 'excited' posts on here when City games have sold well?

But you just told me you had 23,000 season ticket holders so they haven’t paid anything out this morning as they would of paid for their ticket back in July / August. You said that 5,500 tickets went on sale this morning of which 1,500  are still available.

So similarly we have over 16,000 season ticket holders and get about 22,000-23,000 attendances, seems like we’re selling roughly the same amount of tickets to non season ticket holders while we’re playing possibly the worst football in years while being 9th in the table!

Doesn't sound quite so impressive now, does it?

25 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But you just told me you had 23,000 season ticket holders so they haven’t paid anything out this morning as they would of paid for their ticket back in July / August. You said that 5,500 tickets went on sale this morning of which 1,500  are still available.

So similarly we have over 16,000 season ticket holders and get about 22,000-23,000 attendances, seems like we’re selling roughly the same amount of tickets to non season ticket holders while we’re playing possibly the worst football in years while being 9th in the table!

Doesn't sound quite so impressive now, does it?

Dear God. Ain't this the internet at its worst?

Presumably if we'd had 34,000 ST holders we'd have been shit fans because we wouldn't have sold any tickets to match by match purchasers.

Apart from the patently ludicrous nature of your point I really don't care. 

As for Augustin I admit that this time on Saturday I hadn't heard of him, so I can't in all honesty go down the line of saying that he's 'the difference'. The structural issues of the rest of the squad are there to see when all we have to cover Kalvin Phillips for three games is a centre half. 

I'm more immediately interested in the signing of Poveda. Looks like a talent.

Archived